6A Contenders/ Dark Horses for State Title.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Well we are in week 6 of the 2019 season and even tho anything can happen its not to early to start the conversations of the predicted contenders/ dark horses of 6A.

My list goes as followed.

CONTENDERS:

1. Miami central 

2. Columbia

3. Palmetto

4. Naples

I Mentioned these 4 as contenders because other then miami central the road to atleast get to round 3 should be fairly easy for the other 3 district winners. As for MC their resume speaks for its self they are the fave until beaten.

DARK HORSES: 

1. escambia

2. Lake Gibson 

3. Washington

4. Charlotte

5.ponte vedra

6. Barron collier.

7. Mainland

8. Dillard - even tho my panthers are undefeated (6-0) and having been winning in lopsided fashion Dillard Has To Earn Their Respect plus factoring in the fact our schedule has not been no where near testing also adding the fact the reigon were in is not favorable my panthers will have to really bring it. While i believe our program has started turning the corner for the better We Still have some more work to do. We will see how the season unfolds letsssss gooooo panthers.

13 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Well we are in week 6 of the 2019 season and even tho anything can happen its not to early to start the conversations of the predicted contenders/ dark horses of 6A.

My list goes as followed.

CONTENDERS:

1. Miami central 

2. Columbia

3. Palmetto

4. Naples

I Mentioned these 4 as contenders because other then miami central the road to atleast get to round 3 should be fairly easy for the other 3 district winners. As for MC their resume speaks for its self they are the fave until beaten.

DARK HORSES: 

1. escambia

2. Lake Gibson 

3. Washington

4. Charlotte

5.ponte vedra

6. Barron collier.

7. Mainland

8. Dillard - even tho my panthers are undefeated (6-0) and having been winning in lopsided fashion Dillard Has To Earn Their Respect plus factoring in the fact our schedule has not been no where near testing also adding the fact the reigon were in is not favorable my panthers will have to really bring it. While i believe our program has started turning the corner for the better We Still have some more work to do. We will see how the season unfolds letsssss gooooo panthers.

I've been keeping an eye on your Panthers and have been impressed with what I've seen thus far. I would put them ahead of some of the teams in the dark horse category. Maybe even the last spot for contenders. But we will see.

1 hour ago, MC Rockets said:

I've been keeping an eye on your Panthers and have been impressed with what I've seen thus far. I would put them ahead of some of the teams in the dark horse category. Maybe even the last spot for contenders. But we will see.

Str8 up bro just got to take it 1 game at a time but im extremley excited.

As of right now, this would be my final four:

R1- Columbia

R2- Gaither

R3- Palmetto

R4- Mia Central

If Columbia is really as good as advertised, they should find their way into the finals. I haven't seen enough of them yet to really endorse it all the way but Regions 1 and 2 are the softest of the groups. Gaither has been impressive so far but they're beatable. 

Palmetto has been great so far and they look better each week. Lake Gibson is the only team in the region that can give them a contest.

42 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

As of right now, this would be my final four:

R1- Columbia

R2- Gaither

R3- Palmetto

R4- Mia Central

If Columbia is really as good as advertised, they should find their way into the finals. I haven't seen enough of them yet to really endorse it all the way but Regions 1 and 2 are the softest of the groups. Gaither has been impressive so far but they're beatable. 

Palmetto has been great so far and they look better each week. Lake Gibson is the only team in the region that can give them a contest.

Truuee so what do you think about A MC vs Dillard Matchup ..or how familiar are you with either team.

9 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

I thought you meant Arch Bish McArth but you probably mean Mia Central yea? If that's the case, it's hard to bet against Mia Central.

Nooo lol i was talking about a possible round 3 dillard vs miami central matchup lol.

Those two met last year @ dillard in the 1st round and dillard led 7-6 in the 2nd qt. It was 21-14 MC at the half.

28-20  MC with under 3 min the play with dillard having 1st and goal at the rockets 3 yard line b4 fumbling. And MC ended up winning.

Fast forward to this year these two are on a obvioud collision course barring any major upsets along the way.

16 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Nooo lol i was talking about a possible round 3 dillard vs miami central matchup lol.

Those two met last year @ dillard in the 1st round and dillard led 7-6 in the 2nd qt. It was 21-14 MC at the half.

28-20  MC with under 3 min the play with dillard having 1st and goal at the rockets 3 yard line b4 fumbling. And MC ended up winning.

Fast forward to this year these two are on a obvioud collision course barring any major upsets along the way.

I wouldn't count Dillard out but history isn't on their side. Naples or Dillard could probably give Central a run for their money in that region but I still wouldn't bet against Central.

15 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

I wouldn't count Dillard out but history isn't on their side. Naples or Dillard could probably give Central a run for their money in that region but I still wouldn't bet against Central.

We dont really have history with central since 2000 we only played them 3 times in 2000 we beat central & carol city as underdogs in the plsyoffs.

In 2013 we lost to them in the 2nd round.

And then last year...in my opinion MC & DILLARD matches up very well with eachother and our entire program wants to play them again their not shying from em they dont fear central at all and that dawg mentality is what made dillard so great back in the 80s & 90s.

6 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Dillard may have to beat Naples to get to MC.  I would not overlook Naples...one of the most tenured coaches in south FL in Bill Kramer. 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Dillard may have to beat Naples to get to MC.  I would not overlook Naples...one of the most tenured coaches in south FL in Bill Kramer. 

Thats what confuses me about this system if dillard is gonna b a top 3 seeded team and naples is gonna b a top 3 seeded team by winning their district how will we see them before central ...dont u c the wild card teams 1st atleast until round 3.??

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Thats what confuses me about this system if dillard is gonna b a top 3 seeded team and naples is gonna b a top 3 seeded team by winning their district how will we see them before central ...dont u c the wild card teams 1st atleast until round 3.??

If Dillard is #2, you could play #7 in round 1 and potentially a #3 in round 2.

43 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

If Dillard is #2, you could play #7 in round 1 and potentially a #3 in round 2.

How could a 2 seed be playing a 3rd seed early in the 2nd round ? Where would all these wild cards be playing ? 

But either way we will be ready in either round. In your opinion tho just off records right now who do u c being the wild cards and who can possibly be facing who.

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How could a 2 seed be playing a 3rd seed early in the 2nd round ? Where would all these wild cards be playing ? 

But either way we will be ready in either round. In your opinion tho just off records right now who do u c being the wild cards and who can possibly be facing who.

1 seed plays 8 first round and winner of 4/5 seed game in round 2

2 seed faces 7 first round and winner of 3/6 seed game in round 2

I wouldn't sleep on Escambia or Ponte Vedra. Let's see how PV does this week against a very good Bartram Trail team and in another few weeks against a better St. Augustine team. I don't see PV as the biggest threat in Region 1 to Columbia, but I could see PV pulling the upset. As for Escambia, Columbia historically does not do well when it travels west during the playoffs. 

2001- Niceville (W)
2001- Lincoln (L)
2002- Choctawhatchee (W)
2002- Lincoln (L)
2004- Lincoln (L)
2012- Navarre (L)
2015- Lincoln (W)
2016- Lincoln (W)
2017- Lincoln (L)

Granted 6 of those games were against Lincoln, but I stand by my statement. Additionally, Columbia seems to be piling up small injuries week and week. 

18 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

I wouldn't sleep on Escambia or Ponte Vedra. Let's see how PV does this week against a very good Bartram Trail team and in another few weeks against a better St. Augustine team. I don't see PV as the biggest threat in Region 1 to Columbia, but I could see PV pulling the upset. As for Escambia, Columbia historically does not do well when it travels west during the playoffs. 

2001- Niceville (W)
2001- Lincoln (L)
2002- Choctawhatchee (W)
2002- Lincoln (L)
2004- Lincoln (L)
2012- Navarre (L)
2015- Lincoln (W)
2016- Lincoln (W)
2017- Lincoln (L)

Granted 6 of those games were against Lincoln, but I stand by my statement. Additionally, Columbia seems to be piling up small injuries week and week. 

Perhaps but the last time we traveled out to Escambia we beat them 40-20

I think Escambia is the best team in the Panhandle and it may/may not be close. Pine Forest offense leaves a lot to be desired and the defense is solid. Niceville is not that good.

I really wish Escambia schedule would have been a little more challenging. Mike Bennett had a lot of talent on those Pensacola High teams but he only made it to the championship once in 20 years there, so I'm curious to see how far this Escambia team can go.