ties for district?

h8r

(a) If two schools are tied for first place in the final district standings, the winner of the regular season game between the two schools shall advance to the regional tournament as the district champion.
(b) If three schools are tied for first place in the final district standings and one of the three schools defeated the other two in regular season competition, then that school shall advance to the regional tournament as the district champion.
(c) If three or more schools are tied for first place in the final district standings and the tie cannot be broken based on the results of regular season competition, then a district tiebreaker shall be based on the RPI Ranking throughout the entire regular season to include week 11 games.

54 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

(c) If three or more schools are tied for first place in the final district standings and the tie cannot be broken based on the results of regular season competition, then a district tiebreaker shall be based on the RPI Ranking throughout the entire regular season to include week 11 games.

So, given(c) could there be a situation in which, three or more teams would still be deadlocked and if yes, would some kind of shoot out still occur?

32 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

So, given(c) could there be a situation in which, two or more teams would still be deadlocked and if yes, would some kind of shoot out still occur?

4.7.4.3 RPI Ranking – Tiebreaker
(a) Head-to-head result between the two teams
(b) Winning Percentage
(c) Opponents’ Winning Percentage
(d) Opponents’ Opponents’ Winning Percentage
(e) Highest-rated win (according to the final RPI standings)
(f) Next highest-rated win (exhaust all possibilities)

3 hours ago, h8r said:

so the

team a beats b

team b beats team c

team c beats team a

all 3 are 1-1

it goes to head to head-well all 3 tied

winning %.  is the determinant.

gotcha

Yes, it is the RPI first, and RPI is not just affected by a team's winning percentage, but two other factors as well.
So if team A could be 3-7 (1-1 in district)
Team B could be 5-5 (1-1)
Team C could be 4-6 (1-1) and Team A could be district champion if their RPI is higher than B or C. 

17 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Yes, it is the RPI first, and RPI is not just affected by a team's winning percentage, but two other factors as well.
So if team A could be 3-7 (1-1 in district)
Team B could be 5-5 (1-1)
Team C could be 4-6 (1-1) and Team A could be district champion if their RPI is higher than B or C. 

thats a great bunch of info.

looking at team a and team c, they have a pretty weak schedule.  

rpi rankings couldnt get here soon enough.  jeez....

8 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

So is it possible that a team could have a higher RPI than the district champ and gets in as a higher seed than the champion of their own district? 

No district champs are guaranteed top 4 seed

RPI comes into play when 3 teams are tied for district lead and can't be broken, for seeding the 4 district champs in region or for selecting the 4 wild cards (and their seeding) for each region

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It is determined on the field

Win all your games and you win district, simple LMAO

it is not determined on the field it is determined by RPI if there is a tie and technically in 1A-4A you could win all games and not make the playoffs.

It is stupid stop defending something that is stupid.  

Just now, badbird said:

it is not determined on the field it is determined by RPI if there is a tie and technically in 1A-4A you could win all games and not make the playoffs.

It is stupid stop defending something that is stupid.  

If you win all your district games you win district, If you fail you at the mercy of the system

Deal with it

48 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If you win all your district games you win district, If you fail you at the mercy of the system

Deal with it

The crap is stupid as .....  One day you guys will get screwed by the system.  If I’m still alive I will remind you to just deal with it.  

Just now, badbird said:

The shit is stupid as .....  One day you guys will get screwed by the system.  If I’m still alive I will remind you to just deal with it.  

Let's see

System rewards teams who plays good schedules and wins most their games

Sounds like what we do every year, we probably more likely to land on Jupiter before we run into issues making playoffs in this system lol

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Let's see

Sounds like what we do every year, we probably more likely to land on Jupiter before we run into issues making playoffs in this system lol

Like it rewarded a winless team last year.  Get the hell out of here

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Let's see

With that weak ass region you are right.  That’s why i said if I’m alive

Just now, badbird said:

Like it rewarded a winless team last year.  Get the hell out of here

Yeah and that's why the system got changed 

I would at least wait and see how first Playoff projections look when they come out next week before I go assuming it's gonna suck

I thought old system was archaic garbage but I lived with it

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah and that's why the system got changed 

I would at least wait and see how first Playoff projections look when they come out next week before I go assuming it's gonna suck

I thought old system was archaic garbage but I lived with it

So trust in something that they didn’t even test or run the numbers?  Trust in a group of people that just had a system where a winless team made the playoffs?  Nah B .  I would be ok with it if the shootouts were back and 1A-4A had districts.  I know those schools choose not to have districts that’s because most of them are bitches and don’t want to play Madison County’s and Trinity Christian’s of the world. 

Just now, badbird said:

So trust in something that they didn’t even test or run the numbers?  Trust in a group of people that just had a system where a winless team made the playoffs?  Nah B .  I would be ok with it if the shootouts were back and 1A-4A had districts.  I know those schools choose not to have districts that’s because most of them are bitches and don’t want to play Madison County’s and Trinity Christian’s of the world. 

I don't disagree

Look at how few teams in North Florida playing TCA, these teams up in North Florida are scared of competition