Columbia vs Madison County

DisabledAccount

32 minutes ago, Perspective said:

With all due respect to both programs, can someone please explain to me in 25 words or less why a game between a ranked 7A team in Florida and any 1A team in Florida should even be close?

6a*

579 1A  Madison County

442 3A  Trinity Christian (Jacksonville)

Couldn't the same be said about TCA?

I agree with the general idea that school size does matter in a sport like football in comparison to basketball or volleyball or softball. Football is a lot about depth and not just the 11 on each side of the ball but the kids you can bring in to give them a rest. Basketball some of these kids play the full game and dominate the entire time on both offense and defense. One dominant softball pitcher is more valuable than one dominant hitter.  So yes, a 6A school should dominate a 1A school. 

As the many examples we have of 8A schools that can barely manage to get a team. Sometimes it really is about the Jimmy and Joes and not X and Os. 

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

I agree with the general idea that school size does matter in a sport like football in comparison to basketball or volleyball or softball. Football is a lot about depth and not just the 11 on each side of the ball but the kids you can bring in to give them a rest. Basketball some of these kids play the full game and dominate the entire time on both offense and defense. One dominant softball pitcher is more valuable than one dominant hitter.  So yes, a 6A school should dominate a 1A school. 

As the many examples we have of 8A schools that can barely manage to get a team. Sometimes it really is about the Jimmy and Joes and not X and Os. 

I know that for sure

Just look at Gainesville high softball, as a overall roster their pitcher is the team, she is best player on the field for either team probably 90% of the games but outside of her the rest of the team isn't that good but when you have a pitcher (who imo is power 5 level) sometimes you don't need a whole lot after that to win games because if a entire lineup can't hit her then you not beating them

11 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

I'm a bit of a homer when it comes to Manatee, so having some bit of restraint on my part when encountering other homers goes without saying. Just wondering how long its been since Lake city last won a state title?

And what does that have to do with the current team

Does a team not having a lot of Championships mean they not any good in 2019!!?

Are you saying Madison gonna beat columbia just because Madison has piled up championships the weakest Classification in the state?

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

In most cases i would agree

Madison is hardly a NORMAL 1A school though

They have usually twice the roster size of most 1a schools, most 1a schools probably hover around 20-25 kids

Madison may often have 50 kids on their varsity roster which is on par with a lot of schools that are around 4a and 5a 

Saying, there are certain types of "Homers" that after time come off as almost delusional..........."Baghdad Bob" type delusional. That's okay because, it takes every kind of people to make the world go round, but you personally have been elevated to the role of moderator on this message board....................with that role comes a certain amount of restraint that should be practiced, that wouldn't be expected from a day to day message board poster......you're the one that should always remain above the fray.

The reality about 6A.....................1st Columbia needs to get past the second round.................2nd The northern region of 6A isn't extremely strong, the team coming out of the southern region will probably be the odds on favorites to win it all. Madison lost last week to a Lakewood team that while extremely athletic, I found to be not all that well coached. Madison is a game Columbia should win, based on its over-all depth alone. You got Lee left on the schedule which should be for the District Championship..............Palmetto and Central are teams I don't believe Columbia could beat at this point.........................so let's let this thing play its self out...............for Columbia lets try making it out of the 2nd round, then we can consider the possibilities of a region title.............

28 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

Saying, there are certain types of "Homers" that after time come off as almost delusional..........."Baghdad Bob" type delusional. That's okay because, it takes every kind of people to make the world go round, but you personally have been elevated to the role of moderator on this message board....................with that role comes a certain amount of restraint that should be practiced, that wouldn't be expected from a day to day message board poster......you're the one that should always remain above the fray.

The reality about 6A.....................1st Columbia needs to get past the second round.................2nd The northern region of 6A isn't extremely strong, the team coming out of the southern region will probably be the odds on favorites to win it all. Madison lost last week to a Lakewood team that while extremely athletic, I found to be not all that well coached. Madison is a game Columbia should win, based on its over-all depth alone. You got Lee left on the schedule which should be for the District Championship..............Palmetto and Central are teams I don't believe Columbia could beat at this point.........................so let's let this thing play its self out...............for Columbia lets try making it out of the 2nd round, then we can consider the possibilities of a region title.............

In other words because I'm a mod you think I should say our team is garbage and not worth talking about?

Me being a mod shouldn't mean I can't talk good about my team, notice @Joshua Wilson has had Columbia ranked higher all season in his poll then I ever have, Is he a Columbia homer now??

And let me guess if we make finals it will only be because our region sucks but we wouldn't make playoffs in a good region right?

Ironically I was talking to someone yesterday and predicted this, that people will assume we only have a shot at making a deep run because of our region, it's because people assume we are a crap program like always so maybe I should just wait till year over and if they don't win state I should just leave the board since apparently I'm nothing more then a delusional homer according to you 

Btw Joshua went and asked for others to step up and be a mod and you sat back and said nothing so who are you to tell me I'm not doing a good job

36 minutes ago, FL_HS_football said:

Quite a "regional homer pick" considering the fact palmetto hasn't made a title appearance since the 1980s and i believe all time have a losing record in the playoffs

Should i explain again what my job as a mod is in place for

My job is to keep a eye on the board and make sure that we don't start having issues arise like in the past where the board gets out of control and turns into a back and forth insult fest between members that does nothing but disrupt everything

That is my job, me making a thread and talking about my team (whom I see more often then anyone on here has) doesn't prevent me from filling my tasks of keeping order on this message board

15 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Quite a "regional homer pick" considering the fact palmetto hasn't made a title appearance since the 1980s and i believe all time have a losing record in the playoffs

You just keep on exposing yourself as well as putting your over-all lack of understanding of the state of HS football in Florida on display for everyone to see. You do realize that since 2015, the district Palmetto competes in has had a team from that district either play to the semis or win the state title............of course you knew that.....................So tell me about Lake City's district and how terrific its depth is, in as far as representing deep into the playoffs over the last few years? I'm not a Palmetto homer, I've actually been very vocal about my dislike for the Palmetto HBC..................but I also recognize when a group of young men come together to play the team sport of football at a high level...............compounded by  some pretty good coaching!......you had Palmetto at 39 this past week, obviously you've not done your homework!

1 hour ago, FL_HS_football said:

You just keep on exposing yourself as well as putting your over-all lack of understanding of the state of HS football in Florida on display for everyone to see. You do realize that since 2015, the district Palmetto competes in has had a team from that district either play to the semis or win the state title............of course you knew that.....................So tell me about Lake City's district and how terrific its depth is, in as far as representing deep into the playoffs over the last few years? I'm not a Palmetto homer, I've actually been very vocal about my dislike for the Palmetto HBC..................but I also recognize when a group of young men come together to play the team sport of football at a high level...............compounded by  some pretty good coaching!......you had Palmetto at 39 this past week, obviously you've not done your homework!

If you think your such a expert you do a poll yourself

If not then I'm done wasting time with you since obviously you are one those people that just dog people's hard work but don't have the stones to put theirs out there

2 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

What does the strength of our district have anything to do with how good Columbia is in 2019????

And guess what else, you want to trash my poll which i spend hours working on each week and even spent time on this past week while in the hospital, yet I've offered every week that if anyone feels I don't do a good job they are more then welcome to do their own poll and I would gladly discuss it with them and maybe I would learn something that I can apply to the future weeks in my poll since my poll often times is changed to reflect endorsement by others on teams I missed on 

The reason palmetto isn't higher is because they started season at the bottom of my top 40 Central FL regional rankings and as a result it was a long climb as I don't just scrap the rankings each week, it's a week by week flow and adjustment ranking, same reason Tampa Bay Tech was also on outside looking in prior to this week, I made it a mission this week to recognize both and push both teams into the rankings this week so as long as they keep winning they keep climbing

So if you gonna dog my work and act like I'm some clueless fanboy just throwing crap at the wall and hoping it sticks make sure you have your facts straight first!

21 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In most cases i would agree

Madison is hardly a NORMAL 1A school though

They have usually twice the roster size of most 1a schools, most 1a schools probably hover around 20-25 kids

Madison may often have 50 kids on their varsity roster which is on par with a lot of schools that are around 4a and 5a 

Bingo! 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If you think your such a expert you do a poll yourself

If not then I'm done wasting time with you since obviously you are one those people that just dog people's hard work but don't have the stones to put theirs out there

If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were a woman.................you debate just like one................just an observation :D