Georgia get Florida again Marietta romping Edgewater

Legion37

16 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You are smoking something pretty strong. Did you even watch the game?

Dude Edgewater was getting destroyed on the line. The QB for Marietta had all day to throw. The receivers dropped a lot of balls. The game would have been ugly. 

Edgewater looked like some big fish in a small pond. Once the competition gets real, they get exposed. 

I wish Jones was at full strength and showed everyone how overrated they are a little sooner. 

They are good but not great. And Marietta showed that with ease 

13 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Bishop Moore’s second half of the schedule is atrocious. It’s a crime how terrible the schedule is. 

Bishop Moore got the crap kicked out of them by the best teams they played. Not competitive in the slightest. They beat the horrible teams they played. Literally nothing about them you could feel excited about. 

Just not a good football team, and you following or supporting them will make them better at football. 

Im not questioning your love or commitment, but objectively they are not very good at football 

I find it difficult to accept your evaluation of how BM played so far this season, unless you tell me that you attended the games and I doubt you can tell me that. As for getting "the crap kicked out of them" by the best teams they played, Edgewater (7A) beat them by 13, Edgewater's smallest victory margin this season. Edgewater scored their TD's on a few big plays; other than those big plays, it was a hard fought game in which BM was competitive, but Edgewater was the better team. Against Jones, they gave up two long TD runs early, eventually losing by 28 to one of the best 5A schools in the state. Archbishop Spalding, a nationally ranked private school from Maryland, beat them pretty bad, but we've seen how regular Florida schools have done this year against these travelling national teams. The game should never been scheduled, but the kids fought hard in a mismatch at BM. The "so-called" horrible teams they beat are 5A teams from Central Florida; teams they should be playing. South Sumter (4-2) was 3-1 when BM beat them fairly easily. A couple of late TD's against 2nd and 3rd team players padded SS' score. BM does have to play their District schedule, so they have no control over that part of their schedule. They have been improving every week, especially on defense and will be a tough out in the playoffs. You still haven't identified your team, other than those two college losers. Is your HS team that bad?

7 hours ago, HornetFan said:

I find it difficult to accept your evaluation of how BM played so far this season, unless you tell me that you attended the games and I doubt you can tell me that. As for getting "the crap kicked out of them" by the best teams they played, Edgewater (7A) beat them by 13, Edgewater's smallest victory margin this season. Edgewater scored their TD's on a few big plays; other than those big plays, it was a hard fought game in which BM was competitive, but Edgewater was the better team. Against Jones, they gave up two long TD runs early, eventually losing by 28 to one of the best 5A schools in the state. Archbishop Spalding, a nationally ranked private school from Maryland, beat them pretty bad, but we've seen how regular Florida schools have done this year against these travelling national teams. The game should never been scheduled, but the kids fought hard in a mismatch at BM. The "so-called" horrible teams they beat are 5A teams from Central Florida; teams they should be playing. South Sumter (4-2) was 3-1 when BM beat them fairly easily. A couple of late TD's against 2nd and 3rd team players padded SS' score. BM does have to play their District schedule, so they have no control over that part of their schedule. They have been improving every week, especially on defense and will be a tough out in the playoffs. You still haven't identified your team, other than those two college losers. Is your HS team that bad?

Changing the subject to want to know who my teams are is the first step to knowing someone got their feelings hurt. 

If my favorite team is Alabama or New Mexico state that doesn’t take away from Bishop Moore not being a good football team. 

People change the subject when they have no argument. The competition was stiff you got the doors blown off and we’re not competitive.

The opponents became lousier and lousier and magically you became a better team? Lmao!  Funny timing. 

Like I said before just because you like them doesn’t make them any better.  You are just a blind homer that seems upset when someone criticizes your team. 

Don’t take it personal anyone with their results would be considered not a good team as well 

3 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Changing the subject to want to know who my teams are is the first step to knowing someone got their feelings hurt. 

If my favorite team is Alabama or New Mexico state that doesn’t take away from Bishop Moore not being a good football team. 

People change the subject when they have no argument. The competition was stiff you got the doors blown off and we’re not competitive.

The opponents became lousier and lousier and magically you became a better team? Lmao!  Funny timing. 

Like I said before just because you like them doesn’t make them any better.  You are just a blind homer that seems upset when someone criticizes your team. 

Don’t take it personal anyone with their results would be considered not a good team as well 

With a name like nolebull813, I have to figure your live in Tampa bay area and like FSU and USF, two lousy teams. I lived in Tampa Bay area a while back and the joke then was USF was the college you went to only if St Pete JC turned you down, and JC accepted everyone. The only good HS ball back then in Tampa Bay area was played in Bradenton/Sarasota. So, we have established that you have never seen this year's BM team play. You have no idea how their games went with Edgewater and Jones other than the final scores. You have no idea what defensive changes have occurred in the past month. One thing I'm not is a blinded fan; I am very critical of the team's play when areas of concern are not being addressed. I have seen the personnel changes and the improvement in BM's D-Line and secondary. I still don't think they can beat Edgewater or Archbishop Spalding, but I think they can reach the playoffs and win a game or two. It will be interesting. 

37 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

With a name like nolebull813, I have to figure your live in Tampa bay area and like FSU and USF, two lousy teams. I lived in Tampa Bay area a while back and the joke then was USF was the college you went to only if St Pete JC turned you down, and JC accepted everyone. The only good HS ball back then in Tampa Bay area was played in Bradenton/Sarasota. So, we have established that you have never seen this year's BM team play. You have no idea how their games went with Edgewater and Jones other than the final scores. You have no idea what defensive changes have occurred in the past month. One thing I'm not is a blinded fan; I am very critical of the team's play when areas of concern are not being addressed. I have seen the personnel changes and the improvement in BM's D-Line and secondary. I still don't think they can beat Edgewater or Archbishop Spalding, but I think they can reach the playoffs and win a game or two. It will be interesting. 

Tampa football won like 8 state titles from 2003-2012. Something like that. You must have been here in the 90’s. 

Florida State won a national title in a little as 5 years ago. If you don’t win the national title then you are just one of the 120 plus runner ups playing in consolation games. 

USF is still one of the newest FBS teams in the country and was always behind in terms of when they moved up. Started as an FCS team, moved to Indy and Conf USA with FCS players. Moved to the Big East with CUSA players and then fired the guy who started it all. Some bad coaching decisions have us on a decline. Charlie Strong is a terrible coach. Teddy Bridgewater got him the Texas and USF gigs. 

In conclusion. B Moore had some tough games in the beginning, and got beat like a rented mule. Literally no competition. Then the scheduled turned JV and they started winning. No surprise. They aren’t a good football team and that’s ok. 

12 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Tampa football won like 8 state titles from 2003-2012. Something like that. You must have been here in the 90’s. 

Florida State won a national title in a little as 5 years ago. If you don’t win the national title then you are just one of the 120 plus runner ups playing in consolation games. 

USF is still one of the newest FBS teams in the country and was always behind in terms of when they moved up. Started as an FCS team, moved to Indy and Conf USA with FCS players. Moved to the Big East with CUSA players and then fired the guy who started it all. Some bad coaching decisions have us on a decline. Charlie Strong is a terrible coach. Teddy Bridgewater got him the Texas and USF gigs. 

In conclusion. B Moore had some tough games in the beginning, and got beat like a rented mule. Literally no competition. Then the scheduled turned JV and they started winning. No surprise. They aren’t a good football team and that’s ok. 

I was in Tampa bay area from 84-94; been in Orlando area from 02-present. The best team in TB when I lived there was Lakewood HS.

If you live in the past, FSU had a good program, but right now their coach wouldn't even be a good JC coach. His program isn't even in the top half of the weak ACC.

USF always tried to stay one step ahead of UCF and even stooped to using influence to keep UCF out of the Big East. Today, USF is a second rate program in the AAC, a leauge that identifies with UCF success. Charlie Strong is a good coach, just doesn't have any talent on his team.

Like I said previously, unless you have first-hand knowledge on BM, you're like the whistle blower the Dems are currently throwing up against the wall; no credibility. 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:50 PM, nolebull813 said:

Dude Edgewater was getting destroyed on the line. The QB for Marietta had all day to throw. The receivers dropped a lot of balls. The game would have been ugly. 

Edgewater looked like some big fish in a small pond. Once the competition gets real, they get exposed. 

I wish Jones was at full strength and showed everyone how overrated they are a little sooner. 

They are good but not great. And Marietta showed that with ease 

Whatever. I don't expect to get an unbiased evaluation for you. It's not in your DNA. 

59 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Whatever. I don't expect to get an unbiased evaluation for you. It's not in your DNA. 

I told you guys Marietta would beat them down over a month ago. They beat them down and it wasn’t close. Marietta had a bad game and still won by 3 touchdowns. If they were humming, it would have been disgusting. 

State sites tend to have a lot of blind homers who live in a bubble. Edgewater is good for Orlando. Ok for Florida, and stinks nationally. Bishop Moore is terrible and when Edgewater struggled with them I knew there was no chance. They wouldn’t be able to improve that much to stand a chance. 

If it wasn’t for Jones having 8 starters out, Edgewater would some 9-3 loser just like 50 other teams in the state with an easy schedule 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I told you guys Marietta would beat them down over a month ago. They beat them down and it wasn’t close. Marietta had a bad game and still won by 3 touchdowns. If they were humming, it would have been disgusting. 

Marietta won by 15 (two scores).

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

If it wasn’t for Jones having 8 starters out, Edgewater would some 9-3 loser just like 50 other teams in the state with an easy schedule 

Jones did not have 8 starters out.

Tell you what: do you want a wager that Edgewater gets at least to the 7A semi final? I am good for up to $100 with you.

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Tell you what: do you want a wager that Edgewater gets at least to the 7A semi final? I am good for up to $100 with you.

Depends on the teams they could possibly face because I don’t wanna agree and then they are in a complete garbage bracket where they just have to wake up and they’re in the semi’s 

Just now, nolebull813 said:

Depends on the teams they could possibly face because I don’t wanna agree and then they are in a complete garbage bracket where they just have to wake up and they’re in the semi’s 

Look it up and get back to me. If you are comfortable, put your money where your mouth is. And, to show you how confident I am, if I win the first leg of the bet (that they get to the semis), I may even give you action on the semis game against (likely) either Lakeland or Armwood. 

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Bro it was 39 to 17 with seconds left and Mariettas bench completely empty. 

Edgewater scored a meaningless touchdown against junior varsity kids 

8 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Look it up and get back to me. If you are comfortable, put your money where your mouth is. And, to show you how confident I am, if I win the first leg of the bet (that they get to the semis), I may even give you action on the semis game against (likely) either Lakeland or Armwood. 

Just as I suspected. Their region is terrible.  If they don’t make it to the semi’s they should fire their coach.  It would prove he is in capable of doing a very basic job. 

Niceville, Crestview, Lincoln, Lake Howell, Wekiva, Navarre and Fleming Island is the competition?? 

Holy smokes that is embarrassing for the state.  They really need to consolidate these classes fast!! 

Just now, nolebull813 said:

Just as I suspected. Their region is terrible.  If they don’t make it to the semi’s they should fire their coach.  It would prove he is in capable of doing a very basic job. 

Niceville, Crestview, Lincoln, Lake Howell, Wekiva, Navarre and Fleming Island is the competition?? 

Holy smokes that is embarrassing for the state.  They really need to consolidate these classes fast!! 

So, I take it you won't commit. Well, if and when they make the semis, hit me up, I may be willing to take the semi bet then. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

So, I take it you won't commit. Well, if and when they make the semis, hit me up, I may be willing to take the semi bet then. 

What am I committing to? Lincoln? Lmao! I wouldn’t trust Lincoln for free. They never show up for big games. 

I will blind bet a semi final bet. I would take Lakeland, and Armwood over Edgewater any day of the week. 

12 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

What am I committing to? Lincoln? Lmao! I wouldn’t trust Lincoln for free. They never show up for big games. 

I will blind bet a semi final bet. I would take Lakeland, and Armwood over Edgewater any day of the week. 

No, fool! It would be Lakeland or Armwood. You don't even read before typing a response. 

On 10/10/2019 at 11:01 AM, HornetFan said:

Noles team...

After a year of fights and arrests, Wharton High hopes for calmer times ahead
https://www.tampabay.com/news/education/k12/After-a-year-of-fights-and-arrests-Wharton-High-hopes-for-calmer-times-ahead_167094052/

I graduated in 2002. So the seniors may not have even been born yet. For sure the juniors and younger. 

So does someone’s value hinge on where their parents lived when they were a teenager? Am I not allowed to voice an opinion because the high school I graduated from 18 years ago? 

I would like to know the standard to speak? When someone makes a good point, is your first response, “wow you must of went to Lakeland or STA!!”

Is Bishop Moore allowed to be bad at football? Is Edgewater allowed to be overrated? What makes you the judge and jury? 

You guys are something else 

Football has the best athletes on the face of the Earth, along with Texas and California. Edgewater is not the best team in Florida and not close to being it either. Florida has too many schools which spreads the talent thin. I can't say Florida has the best high school coaches, but players as a whole, yes. 

6 minutes ago, FLABOY941 said:

Football has the best athletes on the face of the Earth, along with Texas and California. Edgewater is not the best team in Florida and not close to being it either. Florida has too many schools which spreads the talent thin. I can't say Florida has the best high school coaches, but players as a whole, yes. 

Yes Florida has the most individual talent. Texas and Georgia are close by a hair. 

The thing that puts Florida behind Texas and GA is coaching. It’s not that the coaches are terrible here, it’s the fact they get paid so lousy and there is no continuity here. Hard to build a program and install a system that will be run down to the feeder schools. 

The transfer rules are so bad that no one can build a team through community and pop Warner neighborhood kids. Everything is fly by night. There is no foundation. 

In TX and GA kids grow up in the communities dreaming of playing for the local high school. In FL, you could be 10 years old and by the time you get to high school, your not even in the zone anymore, 3 more schools popped up and you never even heard of the coaches. 

Such a waste of talent here 

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 5:25 PM, nolebull813 said:

Yes Florida has the most individual talent. Texas and Georgia are close by a hair. 

The thing that puts Florida behind Texas and GA is coaching. It’s not that the coaches are terrible here, it’s the fact they get paid so lousy and there is no continuity here. Hard to build a program and install a system that will be run down to the feeder schools. 

The transfer rules are so bad that no one can build a team through community and pop Warner neighborhood kids. Everything is fly by night. There is no foundation. 

In TX and GA kids grow up in the communities dreaming of playing for the local high school. In FL, you could be 10 years old and by the time you get to high school, your not even in the zone anymore, 3 more schools popped up and you never even heard of the coaches. 

Such a waste of talent here 

I totally agree. Well said.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:22 PM, nolebull813 said:

Bishop Moore’s second half of the schedule is atrocious. It’s a crime how terrible the schedule is. 

Bishop Moore got the crap kicked out of them by the best teams they played. Not competitive in the slightest. They beat the horrible teams they played. Literally nothing about them you could feel excited about. 

Just not a good football team, and you following or supporting them will make them better at football. 

Im not questioning your love or commitment, but objectively they are not very good at football 

I think you might be on to something where most Florida HS football fans and coaches bury there heads in the sand to hide from the obvious. HS sports are not supposed to be on the level of college or professional where recruiting is the flavor of the day. HS sports are supposed to be about building character, teamwork, and esprit de corps. Quite a few  Florida HS football have none of the above.

On 10/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, nolebull813 said:

Edgewater won't beat niceville even if they get by Lincoln. Hell Navarre had trouble staying healthy and had problems with a lack of depth but healthy Edgewater would not beat them either.  Edgewater better have a plan for Lincoln's Clemson commit te/hback he is a real problem for most teams.

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, EagleEye said:

Well then.

Edgewater should have lost to Lincoln. They embarrassed themselves in GA. Big fish in a small pond. Lincoln traveled all the way to Orlando and should have won that game. Edgewater beat a depleted Jones team missing 8 starters. 

Lakeland beats nobody this year, has a garage schedule and gets ranked high because of last year. Then Armwood beats them and it makes Armwood look like this national juggernaut. Even though before that game they lost to the only good team on their schedule. 

Edgewater isn’t that good. Florida is just terribly down this year and the classifications are too watered down. 

Edgewater is gonna get smoked and then it will be the only 2 quality Healthy teams on their schedule they lost to.