Georgia get Florida again Marietta romping Edgewater

Legion37

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Edgewater should have lost to Lincoln. They embarrassed themselves in GA. Big fish in a small pond. Lincoln traveled all the way to Orlando and should have won that game. Edgewater beat a depleted Jones team missing 8 starters. 

Lakeland beats nobody this year, has a garage schedule and gets ranked high because of last year. Then Armwood beats them and it makes Armwood look like this national juggernaut. Even though before that game they lost to the only good team on their schedule. 

Edgewater isn’t that good. Florida is just terribly down this year and the classifications are too watered down. 

Edgewater is gonna get smoked and then it will be the only 2 quality Healthy teams on their schedule they lost to. 

You've been bad-mouthing Edgewater and Jones for months. Now, both teams are playing in state championship games. You called them over-rated, but Edgewater took out Tampa Bay's best team, Armwood, in an away game at Armwood. As for Edgewater travelling to Marietta, most knowledgeable people on this board agree that teams travelling long distances for games are at a disadvantage; you don't recognize that. FSU, USF, and Wharton HS, it's apparent that you don't know what a good team team looks like. Orlando area has three state finalists in the larger divisions and win or lose, we're very proud of these kids. You should probably keep your loser attitude in Tampa Bay.

3 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

You've been bad-mouthing Edgewater and Jones for months. Now, both teams are playing in state championship games. You called them over-rated, but Edgewater took out Tampa Bay's best team, Armwood, in an away game at Armwood. As for Edgewater travelling to Marietta, most knowledgeable people on this board agree that teams travelling long distances for games are at a disadvantage; you don't recognize that. FSU, USF, and Wharton HS, it's apparent that you don't know what a good team team looks like. Orlando area has three state finalists in the larger divisions and win or lose, we're very proud of these kids. You should probably keep your loser attitude in Tampa Bay.

This guy is just an angry, poor sport. There is no basis to anything he says and he should just be left alone to spew his vitriol. 

If Edgewater, Jones and Apopka lose this week it is because they got beat by better teams. I know that all three will give it their all representing the Greater Orlando area. I wonder what NB will say if all three win. Wait, I already know: STA, MNW and Columbus were all garbage. Florida football sucks!

Once a loser, always a loser. I will leave it at that ...

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

This guy is just an angry, poor sport. There is no basis to anything he says and he should just be left alone to spew his vitriol. 

If Edgewater, Jones and Apopka lose this week it is because they got beat by better teams. I know that all three will give it their all representing the Greater Orlando area. I wonder what NB will say if all three win. Wait, I already know: STA, MNW and Columbus were all garbage. Florida football sucks!

Once a loser, always a loser. I will leave it at that ...

Funny but Florida football does suck this year compared to other states top teams

1 hour ago, badbird said:

Funny but Florida football does suck this year compared to other states top teams

Yes, but does that mean the teams winning the state finals are bad? I don't think so. While it is nice to have a couple national elite teams in your state it does not mean that those teams that don't meet that standard aren't very solid.

6 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yes, but does that mean the teams winning the state finals are bad? I don't think so. While it is nice to have a couple national elite teams in your state it does not mean that those teams that don't meet that standard aren't very solid.

Are the teams bad?  Heck no.  However not as good as we have been

On 12/9/2019 at 12:12 PM, HornetFan said:

I think you watching garbage ass Bishop Moore all year has warped your brain. Elite teams don’t lose to the only good teams they play. 

Florida is way down as evident with teams like Edgewater squeaking by teams like Niceville and Lincoln. 

Florida usually is a great state. This year it’s probably at its lowest this millennium. The state can’t be great every year. Those Orlando teams are taking advantage of the historic futility. Usually Orange County is bad and has been since the 70’s. Apopka won a few when 8A was down. But usually Orlando is the laughingstock. 

On 12/9/2019 at 3:16 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

There must be a reason why most of the top teams in the country spend a lot of time in Florida during recruiting season. If there are only a few very good teams in a particular state, it should be fairly easy to build a "great" team. When there are a large group of competitive teams in an area, the talent gets spread around and you have more competitive teams, not necessarily all-star teams. For depth of talent, it's hard to top the state of Florida.