Rockledge Gets Pounded by St Ignatius

OldSchoolLion

Just now, badbird said:

It's a culture.  Lake City use to have it.  Times have changed here and trust me it has effected the level of play.  We have individuals not teams.  

Yeah lake City fanbase was much stronger in the past but honestly even in it's current state Columbia is probably in much better state as a program overall as we moving forward that a huge percentage of the state mainly because it has a system in place to develop talent from Pop Warner to middle school to JV to varsity

That is a dying breed in Florida

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I am glad you bring up community.  IMO, one has to consider fan base/support in measuring overall "greatness."  How can we crow about how great FL hs football is when the stands are so often empty?  

columbiafan will argue fans don't play the game but guess who does.  Their kids.  Guess what team is going to be better the team that had 100 kids that grew up around the game and realized the whole community loved football and busted their ass for 14 years to be the best team they could be or the team that had little interest in football and played it on occasion and used football as a way to get to college?

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I am glad you bring up community.  IMO, one has to consider fan base/support in measuring overall "greatness."  How can we crow about how great FL hs football is when the stands are so often empty?  

A lot of that has to do with demographics

In these metro cities you have so many people that moved from other cities/states so they have no personal attachment to any of the schools

So if the team isn't a powerhouse odds are there isn't going to be much interest in showing up, the places that get the best support are the ones with established fanbases and most of time generational fanbase (so you, your parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, ect) all went to same school and that loyalty is built in from birth

That's when you get true support, when you don't have that kind of attachment it's easy to loose interest if the team has struggles or you just don't view the program as a priority

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah lake City fanbase was much stronger in the past but honestly even in it's current state Columbia is probably in much better state as a program overall as we moving forward that a huge percentage of the state mainly because it has a system in place to develop talent from Pop Warner to middle school to JV to varsity

That is a dying breed in Florida

and even though you complain about it, it is one of the reasons Columbia is still able to compete against the state. 

1 minute ago, badbird said:

columbiafan will argue fans don't play the game but guess who does.  Their kids.  Guess what team is going to be better the team that had 100 kids that grew up around the game and realized the whole community loved football and busted their ass for 14 years to be the best team they could be or the team that had little interest in football and played it on occasion and used football as a way to get to college?

No what I try to get across is that having a packed stands don't mean a team will win

Valdosta probably packs stands every week but do you think in most years they would beat someone like Miami Central or STA?

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

and even though you complain about it, it is one of the reasons Columbia is still able to compete against the state. 

I complain about it because even though in the current climate Columbia would be considered a strong fanbase it isn't as good as it should be considering there is nothing to compete against in Lake City on a Friday night

15-20 years ago our 7500 seat stadium would be at or near sellout crowd

Now we can't get it sold out until 4th round of playoffs only for the fair weather fans to bail in 3rd quarter

And ironically it's probably the same fans who talk bad about me behind my back and been trying to get my website taken out by telling the administration that they think my website "is the schools website" LMAO

I couldn't make it more clear that I'm running a independent site but people still go out of their way to try and destroy my hard work but can't even support the program

26 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I complain about it because even though in the current climate Columbia would be considered a strong fanbase it isn't as good as it should be considering there is nothing to compete against in Lake City on a Friday night

15-20 years ago our 7500 seat stadium would be at or near sellout crowd

Now we can't get it sold out until 4th round of playoffs only for the fair weather fans to bail in 3rd quarter

And ironically it's probably the same fans who talk bad about me behind my back and been trying to get my website taken out by telling the administration that they think my website "is the schools website" LMAO

I couldn't make it more clear that I'm running a independent site but people still go out of their way to try and destroy my hard work but can't even support the program

Don't let them take your website away, it is yours bought and paid for.

32 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No what I try to get across is that having a packed stands don't mean a team will win

Valdosta probably packs stands every week but do you think in most years they would beat someone like Miami Central or STA?

they will be competitive with way less talent

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Don't let them take your website away, it is yours bought and paid for.

What some of them been doing is anytime I do a broadcast they will go text the administrators telling them "they hear cussing in the background" or some other ridiculous complaint which leads to the administration being upset at me or wanting me to cut the recording and delete it

Just like I used to stream games from the sideline for FREE

So I'm giving those fans a free broadcast while they sit at home on their A$$ and they gonna go complaining to administration that they "hear cussing in the background"

Like are you ******* serious, I'm giving you a free service and putting in this effort to help you and your gonna complain about some cussing in the background and instead of telling me on the broadcast so I can fix it you say nothing to me but go tattle on me to the administration and get me in trouble

That is completely petty behavior and then the administration wonders why I never cut our fanbase any slack and why i don't hesitate to call the fans out publically for not supporting the program

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What some of them been doing is anytime I do a broadcast they will go text the administrators telling them "they hear cussing in the background" or some other ridiculous complaint which leads to the administration being upset at me or wanting me to cut the recording and delete it

Just like I used to stream games from the sideline for FREE

So I'm giving those fans a free broadcast while they sit at home on their A$$ and they gonna go complaining to administration that they "hear cussing in the background"

Like are you ******* serious, I'm giving you a free service and putting in this effort to help you and your gonna complain about some cussing in the background and instead of telling me on the broadcast so I can fix it you say nothing to me but go tattle on me to the administration and get me in trouble

That is completely petty behavior and then the administration wonders why I never cut our fanbase any slack and why i don't hesitate to call the fans out publically for not supporting the program

You may end up facing that you are a dying breed like some of the old timers.

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I was speaking in just overall 

Unless something has changed in last year or 2 FL is still in the lead for most D1 college players produced and most active NFL players 

Have other states been slowly closing the gap and making the battle for talent more competitive? Sure 

But being close doesn't mean surpassed, overall I still feel coaching is the biggest thing working against FL in these OOS games 

Samoans have become the most overrepresented group, per capita, in the NFL. About 180,000 people of Samoan descent live stateside, while another 55,000 live in American Samoa, a U.S. territory. Over the past few seasons, roughly 50 players of Samoan descent have been on NFL rosters – about 3% of the league, and nearly 40 times their proportional share of the U.S. population. The 200-plus Samoans playing Division I collegiate football are similarly overrepresented.

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

As of beginning of the season, a breakdown by region in bigger games vs OOS teams over the past 15 seasons.  Central FL has not represented particularly well. 

South FL teams vs OOS   32-24

Central FL teams vs OOS   13-24

North FL teams vs OOS   4-18

Loosing is one thing. But I had high hopes the Rock would have made a game of it. That's the disappointment, not the loss. Cocoa lost more than they won on road out of state. But in most games they gave as much as they got. 

I posted this data below last November.  The Midwest puts more emphasis on hs line play.  Check out Univ. of Wisconsin's offensive line!

Which states have the most offensive linemen starting today at Power 5 schools?  California and Texas

Which states have the most starting offensive linemen today at Power 5 schools outside their home state?  California(19), Georgia(18), Texas(17), Florida(14), Ohio(13)

Which state, per capita, produces the most starting, Power 5 offensive linemen today?  1. Georgia(by a substantial margin), 2. Ohio   

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No state produces better talent

If these other states were so good then why does USC, Auburn, Alabama, Texas, UGA, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, ect. Always coming and trying to get studs from FL??

If Florida is a garbage state they should be able to get better players from their own state right???

Below is the breakdown of starters(which state each was from) on last year's Clemson team.   There were only 2 kids from FL on the entire depth chart.  Clemson does not need FL kids to win (That is not to say they do not like getting some).

The same can be said for Alabama, Auburn, LSU, etc  There is tons of talent in the Southern states, and these schools do a better job than some of the FL universities of keeping talent in state.  They play at little schools you have never heard of, but the SEC schools know where to find them.  

South Carolina-10

Georgia-8

North Carolina-3

Tennessee-2

Virginia-2

Alabama-1

Florida-1

best players in south florida, in terms of #s.

best coaches in central florida, without question, they do more with less talented players.

but jimmies n joes win yearly.  you can out chalkboard another coach to death, but cant teach speed n size and that stuff.  south florida has it, and they dont really know what to do with it on a yearly basis.  and it shows when they play oos teams.  central florida cant compete with oos schools because of the lack of the sheer # of  jimmies n joes.  

throwing 9 balls all day or playing man coverage isnt coaching much.....

but my guy better than yours, then that 9 ball is a touchdown and nothin other team can do about it.

when matched up talent for talent, thats when sidelines, press box, hudl reports, knowing what the he77 your talking about and the kids believing what kool aid your selling, 

florida tends to lose more of those games than they win

just sayin,,,

On 10/8/2019 at 8:25 PM, Jambun82 said:

Cat Scratch, you graduated from Rockledge, but now root for Cocoa? Isn't that against some unwritten rule? lol

Actually I root for all Bevard teams. BUT...

I went to Cocoa for 2 years, and Graduated from Rockledge when the schools split in 1971. I lived in Rockledge and was zoned for Rockledge High. My son played football for Cocoa so there is that. I do root for both teams and when they play each other, I can not lose because one of my teams will win... lol. I've been invited to coach the Dive team at Cocoa next year as part of the swim team since they didn't have a coach this year and I dove for Cocoa way back when. Also I mentor for the robotics team at Cocoa this year, though I admit I haven't really done much so far. 

Have 3 letters from Cocoa and 2 from Rockledge.

21 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Actually I root for all Bevard teams. BUT...

I went to Cocoa for 2 years, and Graduated from Rockledge when the schools split in 1971. I lived in Rockledge and was zoned for Rockledge High. My son played football for Cocoa so there is that. I do root for both teams and when they play each other, I can not lose because one of my teams will win... lol. I've been invited to coach the Dive team at Cocoa next year as part of the swim team since they didn't have a coach this year and I dove for Cocoa way back when. Also I mentor for the robotics team at Cocoa this year, though I admit I haven't really done much so far. 

Have 3 letters from Cocoa and 2 from Rockledge.

The Dive Team? It is to bad that Rodney Dangerfield is not still alive. He could enroll back in High School, and become your top diver. Then, after you win the big meet, you could have a big party with curvy women in bikinis who like poetry. The women who like poetry can help you with your "Longfellow". You can get Oingo Biongo to perform,  while the police supply you with beer, and you break the old crusty teachers car window!

19 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

The Dive Team? It is to bad that Rodney Dangerfield is not still alive. He could enroll back in High School, and become your top diver. Then, after you win the big meet, you could have a big party with curvy women in bikinis who like poetry. The women who like poetry can help you with your "Longfellow". You can get Oingo Biongo to perform,  while the police supply you with beer, and you break the old crusty teachers car window!

Oh my... too funny.:lol: