RPI Rankings Out Tomorrow

gatorman-uf

Anybody think there will be surprises regarding a team being lower/higher than you think they should be.
I will simply note to everyone when the RPI comes out to be patient. Let the whole season play out. Teams that flying high in week 6 might not be in Week 11, nor might be their opponent's or their opponent's opponent's. 

Just now, gatorman-uf said:

Anybody think there will be surprises regarding a team being lower/higher than you think they should be.
I will simply note to everyone when the RPI comes out to be patient. Let the whole season play out. Teams that flying high in week 6 might not be in Week 11, nor might be their opponent's or their opponent's opponent's. 

Well in my region you have 3 significant undefeated teams (Columbia, Escambia and Washington)

I'm curious to see how much separation we see between these schools when the RPI comes out

I'm sure there are similar situations in other regions like this that will let us see just what this system can do in action

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well in my region you have 3 significant undefeated teams (Columbia, Escambia and Washington)

I'm curious to see how much separation we see between these schools when the RPI comes out

I'm sure there are similar situations in other regions like this that will let us see just what this system can do in action

So if Columbia is 3rd or 4th would you be upset?

9 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

So if Columbia is 3rd or 4th would you be upset?

Washington and Escambia are in same district

And personally I feel our schedule overall is better than either of them so if RPI is supposed to reward teams who win their games against good teams then i would think we should be highest seed 

Escambia best team they played so far was Pine Forest who was probably 3rd/4th best team we played after TCA and Oakleaf and probably same ballpark as Madison

Though I wouldn't be upset but I would be surprised

6 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Scheduling tough dosent always pan out cus if u lose tho games it hurts more. Where it seems like wen u schedule teams higher class but not world beaters u get more points.

There no points for playing higher classes

Whether a team is 1a or 8a is irrelevant to RPI

All about your record, your opponents record, and the records of their opponents and it comes out as a formula 

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

There no points for playing higher classes

Whether a team is 1a or 8a is irrelevant to RPI

All about your record, your opponents record, and the records of their opponents and it comes out as a formula 

I was talkin bout how the system was last year & ok ok so what weighs more yo record or yo opponents record ?