As it stands dillard is the 4th seed (SMH)

THIS_IS_DILLARD

19 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Naples would be an interesting game 

Tough to analyze Dillard because their schedule is so bad. 

That’s the great thing about the playoffs,  you can’t run and hide. Lol 

I think over all most schedules for teams for been bad naples gaithers palmetto and etc havent playing anyone.

But aye we ready for whoever letsss gooo how do u see us faring against barron coiler and naples.

24 minutes ago, Steinbrenner Warriors said:

Keep winning and things will change. We (Steinbrenner) are a 3 seed right now because of DP and Sarasota schedule compared to ours. The last few weeks will bring down their owp and oowp and ours will go up. Things will def change over next few weeks. Be patient and see how it plays out :)

How in the hell did you guys not be able to play Gaither in the non-district? 

That naturally has to be your top rival so whoever made the schedule doesn’t know anything about football.  For both teams!

2 hours ago, h8r said:

why is it smh?

i see yall are 7-0, thats great, but opp win % is .345, 

cant help it if teams you play in district are not any good, but the out of district must be bad too......thats THE factor thats hurting!

just sayin

I get that but other schools are playing sorry schools as well their record may b padded vs other sorry schools but their still bad lol ...i mean i get it it just dosent make sense being 7-0 and a 4 seee that just dont sound right thats like saying my NE patriots going 14-2 or 15-1 and being a wild card for having a "weak schedule"

18 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I get that but other schools are playing sorry schools as well their record may b padded vs other sorry schools but their still bad lol ...i mean i get it it just dosent make sense being 7-0 and a 4 seee that just dont sound right thats like saying my NE patriots going 14-2 or 15-1 and being a wild card for having a "weak schedule"

You like the Pats????!!!

41 minutes ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

At least y’all seed #4!!!!! ...Jax tca is the 6 seed in there region in 3a ... ik Jax tca hasn’t won a lot of games, but no body n their region plays teams even close to what Jax tca is playing ,, Jax tca is hands down the best team in they region but because of the record they are ranked really low

As long as you all beat Raines and Lee (both winnable games) you all will make it

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

As long as you all beat Raines and Lee (both winnable games) you all will make it

That’s our best bet ... as much as I would like to see us beat Colquitt, I don’t see that happening.. it’s not impossible but not likely... but if we do make that playoffs I don’t see us losing till possibly state

22 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

they must not be that sorry, look at the discrepency in opponents win %.  its enormous.  

your 7-0 team aint played anyone any good, thus your 7-0.

thats the hand dealt with this stupid system.

go back to winners and runners up, wild cards in region, drop back to 6 classes, etc...

darterblue said something in another thread about this that is exactly what is needed....

17 minutes ago, h8r said:

they must not be that sorry, look at the discrepency in opponents win %.  its enormous.  

your 7-0 team aint played anyone any good, thus your 7-0.

thats the hand dealt with this stupid system.

go back to winners and runners up, wild cards in region, drop back to 6 classes, etc...

darterblue said something in another thread about this that is exactly what is needed....

Sorry vs sorry which pads records equal sorry every school in 6a north other then columbia dillard or most schools down south would run through....

I mean really who the heck is gaither...lely charoltte escambia ..fivay..land o lakes...east bay golden gate palmetto ridge ....coooommmeeeee on man

3 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

At least y’all seed #4!!!!! ...Jax tca is the 6 seed in there region in 3a ... ik Jax tca hasn’t won a lot of games, but no body n their region plays teams even close to what Jax tca is playing ,, Jax tca is hands down the best team in they region but because of the record they are ranked really low

This system doesn't reward teams for playing an impossible schedule, it rewards you for playing a tough schedule. Trinity Christian and Pahokee played way too up on their schedule which is why they are sitting on the bubbles of making the playoff. You gotta be able to win most of the games that you schedule and if you can't then getting into the playoffs shouldn't happen. Remember, people used to complain about 3 team districts because a team could be 1-9 and still make the playoffs as a runner-up. You can't turn around and say a team with a losing record should make the playoffs (even if it is a tough schedule). 

Gaither is located in Tampa, moved down from 7A to 6A do to enrollment. You state that Gaither’s is playing sorry teams this year, which is your opinion, and I totally respect that, but Gaither seems to have requested a harder schedule this year and so far they are doing ok. They have 2 teams left to play that will put them to the test which are Tampa Bay Tech and Armwood. Gaither is ahead of your team due to playing a harder schedule according to the RPI. But as lots of folks have said, it is early lots of football left.  

This is Gaither’s Schedule (in order) this year just in case you wanted to know:

Jefferson(playoff team last year); Plant(playoff team last year); Plant City(playoff team last year); East Bay(last year 7-4, in 7A); Fivay(district game); Chamberlain(8-2 last year); Land O Lakes(district game); Tamp Bay Tech(playoff team last year);Freedom(district game); Armwood (playoff team last year)

3 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

That’s our best bet ... as much as I would like to see us beat Colquitt, I don’t see that happening.. it’s not impossible but not likely... but if we do make that playoffs I don’t see us losing till possibly state

It would surely be something if the Celtics and Conquerors could meet up in the playoffs this season. It would be like homecoming. We are 6-1 right now and could possibly win our remaining 3 games for the district. We lost a close one to the Villages Charter. They are one tough 4A team and I would bet they would give any playoff team nightmares. By the way, they have one of the nicest stadiums I've seen at any high school. Don't know if we would meet you guys in the first or 2nd round. I'm quite sure that TCA will be in the playoffs. Something to look forward to. :)

On 10/9/2019 at 10:11 AM, nolebull813 said:

How in the hell did you guys not be able to play Gaither in the non-district? 

That naturally has to be your top rival so whoever made the schedule doesn’t know anything about football.  For both teams!

Our county picks our schedules based on tiers of your previous 2 years. Each team is allowed to choose 1 must have game on their schedule... The county will try their best to add them... If both teams select each other the game is pretty much a go. We chose Gaither...They did not choose us. We even posted on twitter their name as our must have game on the district sheet, but for some reason some of their fans think we were afraid to play them. Oh well, would have been a fun game. We wish them the best on their run and are happy to see them succeeding :)

3 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

This system doesn't reward teams for playing an impossible schedule, it rewards you for playing a tough schedule. Trinity Christian and Pahokee played way too up on their schedule which is why they are sitting on the bubbles of making the playoff. You gotta be able to win most of the games that you schedule and if you can't then getting into the playoffs shouldn't happen. Remember, people used to complain about 3 team districts because a team could be 1-9 and still make the playoffs as a runner-up. You can't turn around and say a team with a losing record should make the playoffs (even if it is a tough schedule). 

Plant is currently 14th in the region with an 0-6 record... I would say they are being rewarded as they are ranked about a 3 win team currently. Plant's opponents are 30-3 I believe. I am not sure if they can sneak in if they win out but the next few weeks will be fun to watch

2 hours ago, Steinbrenner Warriors said:

Our county picks our schedules based on tiers of your previous 2 years. Each team is allowed to choose 1 must have game on their schedule... The county will try their best to add them... If both teams select each other the game is pretty much a go. We chose Gaither...They did not choose us. We even posted on twitter their name as our must have game on the district sheet, but for some reason some of their fans think we were afraid to play them. Oh well, would have been a fun game. We wish them the best on their run and are happy to see them succeeding :)

Wow that is mind blowing they must of been scared to play if that is the truth. 

It used to not be like that.  The county would give every team a certain time window to schedule their own non-district games.  That would give them a chance to play a team from out of county or out of state.  Once that time ran out the county a AD would choose the opponents. 

The county sucks in regards to discouraging Hillsborough publics from hosting teams from out of the area because they weren’t allowed to split any of the revenue from the game. 

14 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Wow that is mind blowing they must of been scared to play if that is the truth. 

It used to not be like that.  The county would give every team a certain time window to schedule their own non-district games.  That would give them a chance to play a team from out of county or out of state.  Once that time ran out the county a AD would choose the opponents. 

The county sucks in regards to discouraging Hillsborough publics from hosting teams from out of the area because they weren’t allowed to split any of the revenue from the game. 

Gaither was not scared at all, you should look for those tweets, they are pretty funny. Gaither did not request Steinbrenner's due to their previous years record 2017 -- 2 & 7; 2018 -- 6 & 5. As I stated before Gaither  requested a tougher schedule and seemed out previous playoff teams. Who would have thought Steinbrenner would be having a great year and Plant have a horrible year. The county has some say, but in the end its the Coaches who make these games happen. Maybe next year you will see that game happen. Also Chamberlain is Gaither's rivalry not Steinbrenner.

2 hours ago, USMCRet said:

Gaither was not scared at all, you should look for those tweets, they are pretty funny. Gaither did not request Steinbrenner's due to their previous years record 2017 -- 2 & 7; 2018 -- 6 & 5. As I stated before Gaither  requested a tougher schedule and seemed out previous playoff teams. Who would have thought Steinbrenner would be having a great year and Plant have a horrible year. The county has some say, but in the end its the Coaches who make these games happen. Maybe next year you will see that game happen. Also Chamberlain is Gaither's rivalry not Steinbrenner.

That’s hilarious. My oldest goes to Gaither now. 

Gaither should have known they returned 40 seniors and they would field a competitive team. Plus the proximity makes for a built in rivalry. 

I get why Chambo would be the rival being the fact Gaither opened to relieve Chambo in the 80’s. But Steinbrenner did that for Gaither. These kids live on the same road. Van Dyke splits the Gaither and Steinbrenner kids up. There is no excuse this game isn’t played every year 

2 hours ago, USMCRet said:

Not sure what was funny. We were making it clear we wanted the matchup with you all. It matters not since it didn't happen. Our focus is on Blake tonight. Still wish you great luck and hope you all have a fantastic run. Best wishes tonight against Land O' Lakes and going forward.