Teams with Bad Records Who Could Make the Playoffs?

OldSchoolLion

Last year, a winless Gadsden team made the playoffs.  Could another team with a bad record make the playoffs this year?  Here are some front runners for the honor, based on current RPI ranking:

4A-R1   #6 seed Bradford is 1-4

4A-R3   #7 seed Lemon Bay is 0-7

3A-R2    #6 seed First Academy is 1-4

1A-R4     #7 seed Pahokee is 1-4

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Last year, a winless Gadsden team made the playoffs.  Could another team with a bad record make the playoffs this year?  Here are some front runners for the honor, based on current RPI ranking:

4A-R1   #6 seed Bradford is 1-4

4A-R3   #7 seed Lemon Bay is 0-7

3A-R2    #6 seed First Academy is 1-4

1A-R4     #7 seed Pahokee is 1-4

Lol i see PH GETN IN

1 minute ago, gatorman-uf said:

Pahokee is not getting in.  They maybe go 2-2 over the next 4 and that is a big time maybe.  I said it at the beginning of the season that Pahokee was going to have the same thing happen to them that happened to BTW (Miami) a couple of seasons ago. The schedule is too tough and you lose one too many games. 

Pahokee barley beat a very bad Dwyer team

They may not even be a top 6 team in that region this year schedule or not

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Pahokee barley beat a very bad Dwyer team

They may not even be a top 6 team in that region this year schedule or not

Maybe 1a is all trash except for Madison county. Madison is on Columbia level. Madison JV needs a playoff spot.

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well Madison lost by 11 after Columbia turned ball over 3 times 

I wouldn't say on Columbia level but Madison is definitely tiers better than the rest of 1a

Yeah, for real I think Madison JV could make a run. They beat Columbia JV.

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

Better chance Pahokee is the best team in that region than not one of the top 6.  

Trust me the fans could play In 1a. JV teams would kill them.i watch 1a games all the time. Horrible it's like watching people with no skills play. It's a joke of a class in Florida.

2 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

A 5-4 or 4-5 Mainland will be a #4 seed. Time for some changes.....hurtfully, just saying

Wouldn't they have hosted a first round game under any system as a district champion? I mean the original system of district winner/runner-up they still are hosting a first round game and maybe a 2nd depending on the year. So how is this system different? Now, if a 5-4 Mainland team gets in the playoffs as a #8 seed then you might have a better example of why this system isn't better. 

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

Wouldn't they have hosted a first round game under any system as a district champion? I mean the original system of district winner/runner-up they still are hosting a first round game and maybe a 2nd depending on the year. So how is this system different? Now, if a 5-4 Mainland team gets in the playoffs as a #8 seed then you might have a better example of why this system isn't better. 

Simple

There is actually seeding

Old system "seeding" had 9-1 Columbia below 4-6 Lincoln when columbia had beaten Lincoln at their place already that season

Seeding is needed!

5 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

My bad, for not explaining myself. I wasn't questioning the current playoff formula (although I agree the format needs tweaking at the least). Just the fact that in an extremely weak district, Mainland (my heart and soul) still earns a top four position in a region with a very poor season under way. Only Lakeland High, of all public Florida high schools, has been to the FHSAA playoffs in more consecutive current seasons. Lakeland 26 yrs, Mainland 25 yrs in a row. My call for "change" was sadly in house , not state wide....Buc Forever 

20 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

My bad, for not explaining myself. I wasn't questioning the current playoff formula (although I agree the format needs tweaking at the least). Just the fact that in an extremely weak district, Mainland (my heart and soul) still earns a top four position in a region with a very poor season under way. Only Lakeland High, of all public Florida high schools, has been to the FHSAA playoffs in more consecutive current seasons. Lakeland 26 yrs, Mainland 25 yrs in a row. My call for "change" was sadly in house , not state wide....Buc Forever 

Mainland is not that bad of a team. I could see them winning 1 or 2 games in the playoffs.

Just now, badbird said:

who won the playoff game?

We did but that should have been a home game for us

Those playoff games are only good crowd numbers we get and that money helps Columbia with keeping up with much financially stronger programs

That extra playoff game cost us several grand since we would have gotten much bigger crowd in lake City then Lincoln who didn't even look to bring 1k to a home playoff game