Which Teams Will Get Left out of the Playoffs?

OldSchoolLion

Florida has to many schools and no money being put into them .. if we had less school more talent would be on one team... I promise u if u get the 50 best players out in Florida and put them up against the 50 best players from any state we will win ...... .. Florida kids are the best football players in the nation,, but we have shitty coaching, and that’s because Florida coach just think we can out run everybody... I only went to a NAIA school in Tennessee  for college but me and all the kids that came in with me from Florida we’re hands down the best players on that team ... the coach’s use to always say it and we was freshmen.... alll that to say Florida does have the best players but they don’t have the best programs.. 

1 hour ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Florida has to many schools and no money being put into them .. if we had less school more talent would be on one team... I promise u if u get the 50 best players out in Florida and put them up against the 50 best players from any state we will win ...... .. Florida kids are the best football players in the nation,, but we have shitty coaching, and that’s because Florida coach just think we can out run everybody... I only went to a NAIA school in Tennessee  for college but me and all the kids that came in with me from Florida we’re hands down the best players on that team ... the coach’s use to always say it and we was freshmen.... alll that to say Florida does have the best players but they don’t have the best programs.. 

LSU has 55 Louisiana kids on its roster and 1 Florida kid.  UF has 68 Florida kids on its roster.  In a manner of speaking, UF vs LSU was very similar to what you describe, and we all know who won.  

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

LSU has 55 Louisiana kids on its roster and 1 Florida kid.  UF has 68 Florida kids on its roster.  In a manner of speaking, UF vs LSU was very similar to what you describe, and we all know who won.  

When is the last time UF even CAME CLOSE to having the best 50 FL players on their roster

The best FL players are usually going to OOS schools which i believe you posted a thread last year about

13 hours ago, badbird said:

Two teams Columbia fan hates.  IMG and UF.  Too bad Suwanee isn't relevant or Columbiafan might go crazy

Yeah Suwannee not even relevant enough for you to remember how to spell the school which says it all LMAO ;)

But how was that showing hate, it's just facts

I don't even think UF ever had 70% of the top prospects in Florida when they were winning national titles so they definitely ain't getting that now

And I don't hate IMG, I hate the opinion people have of them that no Florida team could compete with them which is a slap in the face to all these programs who have busted their ass over a long time to earn their spot just for some "bought powerhouse" who showed up with a football team when I had just started high School a few years back and they are suddenly far superior to the entire state? 

It's a slap in the face to these real programs who earned their stripes 

20 hours ago, JaxTCA2010stateCHAMP said:

Florida very rarely has top notch QB's, OL, and DL (with the exception of outside speed rushers). At DB, WR, and RB we're as good as any in the country. Everybody has nasty LB's. 

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah Suwannee not even relevant enough for you to remember how to spell the school which says it all LMAO ;)

But how was that showing hate, it's just facts

I don't even think UF ever had 70% of the top prospects in Florida when they were winning national titles so they definitely ain't getting that now

And I don't hate IMG, I hate the opinion people have of them that no Florida team could compete with them which is a slap in the face to all these programs who have busted their ass over a long time to earn their spot just for some "bought powerhouse" who showed up with a football team when I had just started high School a few years back and they are suddenly far superior to the entire state? 

It's a slap in the face to these real programs who earned their stripes 

lol at Suwanee.  I couldn't spell them when they were relevant.  I was also 10.

You feel a lot better about it when you admit the truth.  You hate UF and IMG.  Just admit it and move on.  Question who do you hate more?  You can also add Lee to your list of teams you hate.

21 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

When is the last time UF even CAME CLOSE to having the best 50 FL players on their roster

The best FL players are usually going to OOS schools which i believe you posted a thread last year about

Some of them do.  Bottom line, when UF lines up against LSU, you've got some darn good Florida kids going up against some darn good Louisiana kids.  If there was something magic in the water in Florida, the Gators would likely dominate.  

51 minutes ago, badbird said:

You feel a lot better about it when you admit the truth.  You hate UF and IMG.  Just admit it and move on.  Question who do you hate more?  You can also add Lee to your list of teams you hate.

Gainesville?:)

1 hour ago, badbird said:

gift idea :lol: 

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwpFH6cLdAeUcyYxA_w4vmOHW2efRUCZ5vbASfVSQeQhB0SyIAmX_lrSuw18-Z3UcJSDO12LL_g0uBaLoLn3cUiO4B6uckrjmnTsXBI_27IeRd_m8IZMW_&usqp=CAE

17 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Some of them do.  Bottom line, when UF lines up against LSU, you've got some darn good Florida kids going up against some darn good Louisiana kids.  If there was something magic in the water in Florida, the Gators would likely dominate.  

Of the long time relevant Florida football teams the Gator's were the last of the big three to recruit out of state and nationwide. Miami had Rb's Foreman and Bennett in the 1970's, and FSU followed suit in the '80s. The 'Canes and 'Noles have been playing nationwide powers AWAY for decades. The Gate's: Kentucky in Lexington every two years was their big long distant road trip. The regional Gator's have aways been third in state with me. And that's the biased truth.  :)

18 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Of the long time relevant Florida football teams the Gator's were the last of the big three to recruit out of state and nationwide. Miami had Rb's Foreman and Bennett in the 1970's, and FSU followed suit in the '80s. The 'Canes and 'Noles have been playing nationwide powers AWAY for decades. The Gate's: Kentucky in Lexington every two years was their big long distant road trip. The regional Gator's have aways been third in state with me. And that's the biased truth.  :)

Miami was independent during the 70's and actively sought out national powers in its attempt to give the program some sense of legitimacy nationally.....lets not forget this was the program that lost to FAMU in 1979...(16-13), in Schnellenberger's 1st year at Miami......to give you and idea where the program was at that point. Same can be said of FSU who prior to Bobby Bowden belonged to the Metro Conference which it joined in 1976......playing teams out of state was just part of what Bowden saw was a necessity to obtain some sense of nationally recognition.....I want to say say in fact it was the win over Nebraska in Norman that was the key stone win for the FSU program to establish the program on the national level.....where former Sarasota Sailor Paul Piurowski forced a fumble to preserve the win over Nebraska in the early 80's.......both schools eventually joined bigger conferences in the 90's, that at that point limited opportunities to schedule games against premier college programs......was why in part when FSU joinned the ACC, Gators joked about it being the "ALL Coast Clear" conference because the meat of FSU regular season schedule was made up of teams that at that point weren't premier programs on the football field.

But in as far as recruiting, all three programs recruited beyond the borders of the state of Florida in the 60's, 70's, 80's etc........in fact Florida's 1st Heisman trophy winner isn't even from the state of Florida......think about that for a moment!

On 10/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, gatorman-uf said:

Aren't you being a little harsh on a 5-1 team in regards to Apopka? They are replacing a legendary coach for the school. 

As for Mandarin, did anybody really expect them to continue their improbable run? I mean them winning last year seemed fluky even with a great QB. Mandarin is not a traditional power by any means.

Let me pull the PAC12 argument out, maybe we just have greater parity, one of the complaints that we have had in the past is that we knew who was going to win state championships before the season even started, maybe that isn't true. Maybe that is good for the sport as a whole.

True. To expect Mandarin to just jump right back after losing 18 senior starters is not realistic.   Starting to play better now but it was ugly early.  What helps is the few that did return  are dogs.  Lbs and SS #4.    Obviously the qb.

16 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

Miami was independent during the 70's and actively sought out national powers in its attempt to give the program some sense of legitimacy nationally.....lets not forget this was the program that lost to FAMU in 1979...(16-13), in Schnellenberger's 1st year at Miami......to give you and idea where the program was at that point. Same can be said of FSU who prior to Bobby Bowden belonged to the Metro Conference which it joined in 1976......playing teams out of state was just part of what Bowden saw was a necessity to obtain some sense of nationally recognition.....I want to say say in fact it was the win over Nebraska in Norman that was the key stone win for the FSU program to establish the program on the national level.....where former Sarasota Sailor Paul Piurowski forced a fumble to preserve the win over Nebraska in the early 80's.......both schools eventually joined bigger conferences in the 90's, that at that point limited opportunities to schedule games against premier college programs......was why in part when FSU joinned the ACC, Gators joked about it being the "ALL Coast Clear" conference because the meat of FSU regular season schedule was made up of teams that at that point weren't premier programs on the football field.

But in as far as recruiting, all three programs recruited beyond the borders of the state of Florida in the 60's, 70's, 80's etc........in fact Florida's 1st Heisman trophy winner isn't even from the state of Florida......think about that for a moment!

Nice truthful recap, but I too lived those years and remember them fondly. I worked with QB Kenny McMillians father in the late 1970's. Jim Kelly succeeded/replaced him. A high school teammate (Benny Gadson) was on the roster for a minute. I remember the Wally Woodum (sp) Jimmy Jordan days in Tally. My cousin was at FSU from 1972-79 (law degree). Most of that time Leon High and the FAMU Rattlers brand of football surpassed the 'Noles. I did the drive and party many a weekend. The Gator's recruited in the south. Miami recruited the nation. FSU, to a lesser degree, but still much more then UF. Or just maybe that's how my swiftly fading mind remember's it.       

15 hours ago, FL_HS_football said:

.....This is why the UCF disrespect claim runs hollow with me. As you stated, both Miami and FSU hit the road against national powers , without a reciprocal home rematch, just for the exposure and the opportunity to be seen and respected. I remember (I think that is) Bowden's Nole's in an early season game at the Big House (Michigan) while whipping that ass on a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon. That was a statement game for FSU. Michigan never did come south for a rematch