Columbia vs Lee

DisabledAccount

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm still trying to figure out why he compared Lee to George Jenkins

Maybe I missed something there but I don't understand how that comparison even comes into play here

No you didn't miss anything, comparing Lee to Jenkins is not even apples to oranges, its apples to asparagus. 

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah but our offensive line hasn't exactly been that good since probably around 2012 when we had Tunsil

That's why having a mobile QB is so huge for our offense is it helps us mask that weakness and take advantage of the weapons we have at WR and RB

Jordan is an amazing QB but got to stay on him and keep him focused, same goes for the entire team

Can't sit here celebrating how talented and good we are during the season, we can celebrate our accomplishments after we win the title, until then it's next team up and we play like nobody believes in us and expects us to fail 

That's the winners mindset, we have to exceed our expectations and exceed everyone else's

Still doesn't make since to bench jordan and put in a qb that has no mobility when you know they are gonna blitz.

10 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

What has lee done before a few years ago? And this is there worse team since they got decent.

7 minutes ago, Legion37 said:

What has Jenkins EVER done?

Didn't say Lee was great, said they weren't a nobody. Jenkins is a nobody. 

Lee has done nothing historically but when compared to George Jenkins they look good is what I think @Legion37 is trying to imply

A central FL team who would be a better comparison to Lee would be someone like Lakewood who historically has a losing record all time in playoffs and normally has 1st round exits outside of a few good years (not too different then Lee)

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Lee has done nothing historically but when compared to George Jenkins they look good is what I think @Legion37 is trying to imply

A central FL team who would be a better comparison to Lee would be someone like Lakewood who historically has a losing record all time in playoffs and normally has 1st round exits outside of a few good years (not too different then Lee)

What I'm saying is losing to lee is a really bad lose this year I'm not talking about any other year 

7 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

Still doesn't make since to bench jordan and put in a qb that has no mobility when you know they are gonna blitz.

Bc it's not about just that one play or that one drive

Maybe you heard this phrase as Coach Allen has probably said it so many times it may as well be put on a banner

"We will get our 10% better every game"

Having perfect games during regular season and 10-0 starts isn't the goal, if it was we would pay off some these local pushovers and inflate our record like some schools up here do

I love seeing these big matchups like the one we got this Friday, all that matters is being Playoff ready because nothing we do in regular season means anything to anyone in Lake City or statewide

They just see us as a north Florida team with talent that can't get the job done and that matra has followed us for a long time, as long as what we doing puts us in the right spot for playoffs I could care less what they do in these other games if we being 100 percent real

1 minute ago, Nolebeast12 said:

What I'm saying is losing to lee is a really bad lose this year I'm not talking about any other year 

Yeah it is a bad loss and even worse because it probably just cost us a chance to have a home playoff game

I didn't care if we went 10-0 in fact i prefer we didn't but there were other games that losing would have had very little affect on us

This one was probably most damaging loss we could have taken

Bc it's not about just that one play or that one drive

Maybe you heard this phrase as Coach Allen has probably said it so many times it may as well be put on a banner

"We will get our 10% better every game"

Having perfect games during regular season and 10-0 starts isn't the goal, if it was we would pay off some these local pushovers and inflate our record like some schools up here do

I love seeing these big matchups like the one we got this Friday, all that matters is being Playoff ready because nothing we do in regular season means anything to anyone in Lake City or statewide

They just see us as a north Florida team with talent that can't get the job done and that matra has followed us for a long time, as long as what we doing puts us in the right spot for playoffs I could care less what they do in these other games if we being 100 percent real

The problem playing a hard schedule is you get hurt, and Columbia is not to healthy.

8 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

Same as lee, they have won nothing. Had like 3 good seasons, maybe.

Historically, Lee is one of the better Gateway football programs and has produced quite a bit of college and NFL talent.  They did go through a long lean stretch after Corky left for Bolles, but it seems OJ has gone in there and righted the ship over the last few years.

Yeah it is a bad loss and even worse because it probably just cost us a chance to have a home playoff game

I didn't care if we went 10-0 in fact i prefer we didn't but there were other games that losing would have had very little affect on us

This one was probably most damaging loss we could have taken

Yes and we came out flat and looked unprepared.

Just now, Nolebeast12 said:

The problem playing a hard schedule is you get hurt, and Columbia is not to healthy.

2014 team had a large district and schedule was average overall and despite being healthy we lost in first round to an average St Augustine team

While we not healthy we are gonna be playoff ready and used to facing that level of competition

Besides many of those weaker "local" teams wouldn't even agree to play us so we did what we had to do

4 minutes ago, shredstar said:

Historically, Lee is one of the better Gateway football programs and has produced quite a bit of college and NFL talent.  They did go through a long lean stretch after Corky left for Bolles, but it seems OJ has gone in there and righted the ship over the last few years.

Yeah but let's be honest. How many of those gateway schools have had serious runs of success?

Or even just Jacksonville publics in general

Mandarin won state last year but historically have been very inconsistent

Raines only other public in Duval county with a state title

2014 team had a large district and schedule was average overall and despite being healthy we lost in first round to an average St Augustine team

While we not healthy we are gonna be playoff ready and used to facing that level of competition

Besides many of those weaker "local" teams wouldn't even agree to play us so we did what we had to do

I know teams around here didn't want to play lake city 

1 minute ago, Nolebeast12 said:

I know teams around here didn't want to play lake city 

Of course they didn't

The teams up in North Florida overall don't have same confidence and attitude to step up to best in their area like those SFL teams do

Teams up here would rather beat nobodies and then act like they some tough team that "wants that smoke"

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Of course they didn't

The teams up in North Florida overall don't have same confidence and attitude to step up to best in their area like those SFL teams do

Teams up here would rather beat nobodies and then act like they some tough team that "wants that smoke"

I just wish Columbia could make a run like they did in 1997 that was fun to watch.