Columbia vs Lee

DisabledAccount

2 hours ago, Nolebeast12 said:

Should be a big fall this team hasn't played up to there ranking all year and 90% of that is coaching. 

Coaching? If we didn't have Coach Allen this program would be completely terrible right now

Did you not see what happened in 04-10 when stability was a mess

The program lost everything and fell apart despite being loaded in talent

Just like our fanbase has Been in decline over past decade in a half, all i hear from our fanbase and "last year" players before season is we will be garbage and won't win anything

Most pestimistic fanbase I've seen in my life but it's classic Lake City to hate the idea of anyone in lake City being successful, kinda like when they tell our former players who before they make it big they will amount to nothing 

Just now, Nolebeast12 said:

Are u serious they look lost on offense most of the time. So u agreed with the play calling in overtime to throw it 3 times from the 10? And how do u give up a td on 4th and goal from the 16?

No but if we hadn't turned ball over at 10 yard line in regulation we wouldn't need OT 

That wasn't coaching

1 minute ago, Nolebeast12 said:

Are u serious they look lost on offense most of the time. So u agreed with the play calling in overtime to throw it 3 times from the 10? And how do u give up a td on 4th and goal from the 16?

Though if we didn't have Coach Allen we wouldn't have a winning record right now, he brought stability back to this program that was losing it's edge towards the end of Danny Green years and the years under Craig Howard where we hit a 2 decade low in our program

10 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

I'm a big Columbia fan I want them to win state every year but I will give u my opinion when I see something wrong. Just like how he took jordan out of the game at madison for taking a sack then we throw a pick on the next play, is that good coaching?

My feeling with that is he makes a statement that if he can pull the star QB then nobody is safe from being pulled

Idk how often you seen other teams statewide so I won't speculate whether you did or didn't, however many undisciplined teams out there you will see a star player who can do whatever he wants but will never get pulled and it slowly destroys the team

It creates discipline to not have someone thinking they can't be pulled from the game if they play bad and it's more a statement to the rest of the roster then it is to the player himself

I can't say whether it was a good or bad move since I am conflicted if it worked or not but I do understand the logic behind it

21 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

My feeling with that is he makes a statement that if he can pull the star QB then nobody is safe from being pulled

Idk how often you seen other teams statewide so I won't speculate whether you did or didn't, however many undisciplined teams out there you will see a star player who can do whatever he wants but will never get pulled and it slowly destroys the team

It creates discipline to not have someone thinking they can't be pulled from the game if they play bad and it's more a statement to the rest of the roster then it is to the player himself

I can't say whether it was a good or bad move since I am conflicted if it worked or not but I do understand the logic behind it

So u take Jordan out of the game for trying to avoid a sack but leave the offensive lineman in that missed the block, that's bullshit.

34 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

So u take Jordan out of the game for trying to avoid a sack but leave the offensive lineman in that missed the block, that's bullshit.

He wasn't pulled for scrambling he was pulled for not going through his progressions and spotting the open reciever

And it seemed to work because next drive Jordan was sharp and drove right down the field and put the game away

20 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

He wasn't pulled for scrambling he was pulled for not going through his progressions and spotting the open reciever

And it seemed to work because next drive Jordan was sharp and drove right down the field and put the game away

It's hard to see an open receiver when your running for your life. 

2 hours ago, Nolebeast12 said:

It's hard to see an open receiver when your running for your life. 

Yeah but our offensive line hasn't exactly been that good since probably around 2012 when we had Tunsil

That's why having a mobile QB is so huge for our offense is it helps us mask that weakness and take advantage of the weapons we have at WR and RB

Jordan is an amazing QB but got to stay on him and keep him focused, same goes for the entire team

Can't sit here celebrating how talented and good we are during the season, we can celebrate our accomplishments after we win the title, until then it's next team up and we play like nobody believes in us and expects us to fail 

That's the winners mindset, we have to exceed our expectations and exceed everyone else's