Maxpreps top 6 in 6A after week 8

THIS_IS_DILLARD

4 minutes ago, uncleluke23 said:

Their strength of schedule is really bad. According to maxpreps, it's rated as a 1.4. That's the worst of the 6a top 10 teams.

Deerfield has not beat anyone with a winning record but blanche ely ...plantation schedule is weak STA schedule weak...tbh i dont give a dam how weak it is.

Can anybody with a tip of common sense say that we are the 8TH best team in 6A ..the same team who went 8-2 last year beat western at western went toe to toe with #1 in 6a miami central in the 1st round since we like to go off previous seasons.

Like cooooommeeee on maaan ....i never said dillard was elite thats not wat im implying but to say were not top 4 in 6a is blasphemy. 

There is no 6a north school that will beat dillard other then maybe columbia & thats a huge stretch at this point the same thing yall sayn bout dillard schedule yall teams are doing the same up the road...the bad beating the terrible so of course the schedules are gonna b padded & look Good.

1 minute ago, uncleluke23 said:

You're too bent out of shape about some rankings man. It's really not that serious. If they're as good as you think, the playoffs will determine that. 

I know North Florida teams get a bad rap but Escambia is legit. They won't win state but I think they could beat Columbia. 

Bent out of shape? Na cuz who ever we play we will b ready regardless ..but this is the same maxpreps system that is determining playoff spots & etc so i atleast need them to actually know what their talking about and not jus throw rankings together but yet havent seen any of these schools played no nothing

35 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

Max Preps is a joke in too many ways to discuss.

Dillard is easily top 4 in 6A and maybe higher.

Jax Lee is fringe top 10 and Columbia is not top 10 at all.

I pray one those average 6a Polk teams make finals against us so we can show you who "isn't top 10 in 6a"

9 hours ago, uncleluke23 said:

You're too bent out of shape about some rankings man. It's really not that serious. If they're as good as you think, the playoffs will determine that. 

I know North Florida teams get a bad rap but Escambia is legit. They won't win state but I think they could beat Columbia. 

I would agree Escambia is pretty good. The thing that will hold them back is their OL. They have good size but I don’t think they’re that good of an OL. Everywhere else on the team they’re legit, like you said. 

2 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

It sounds like Escambia is the team to beat in the 6A North. But I wouldn't bet on any Polk team representing the 6A South either. 

One loss and suddenly we have no chance to compete?

Escambia looks decent but honestly not even sold on them being best in their district much less best in 6a north

16 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Bent out of shape? Na cuz who ever we play we will b ready regardless ..but this is the same maxpreps system that is determining playoff spots & etc so i atleast need them to actually know what their talking about and not jus throw rankings together but yet havent seen any of these schools played no nothing

It seem like Max Preps just uses RPI to determine their rankings. Dillard's schedule look like the only reason they aren't ranked higher. 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Escambia looks decent but honestly not even sold on them being best in their district much less best in 6a north

I'm not counting Columbia out but I certainly wasn't buying their #3 ranking either. They probably have about as good a shot as any team in the North at making a trip to the finals. 

1 minute ago, fishspinners said:

I'm not counting Columbia out but I certainly wasn't buying their #3 ranking either. They probably have about as good a shot as any team in the North at making a trip to the finals. 

Honestly outside of Lakeland and STA who in FL has looked like a clearcut top 5 team this year for the entire season?

28 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Honestly outside of Lakeland and STA who in FL has looked like a clearcut top 5 team this year for the entire season?

I can't speak for the rest of the state, but the class of Central Florida this season have been Seminole (Sanford) 8A, Edgewater 7A, and Jones 5A. All three have been dominating their opponents this season and should have a good showing in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

I can't speak for the rest of the state, but the class of Central Florida this season have been Seminole (Sanford) 8A, Edgewater 7A, and Jones 5A. All three have been dominating their opponents this season and should have a good showing in the playoffs.

All 3 haven’t dominated all season.  Seminole beat Lake Mary by 1. Jones lost to Edgewater and Edgewater lost to Marietta.  All 3 are very good teams that could and should make run in the playoffs.

18 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I pray one those average 6a Polk teams make finals against us so we can show you who "isn't top 10 in 6a"

Polk has two 6A schools(LGibson and Auburndale).

I will bet $$$ that neither one will be in 6A finals, and that would also apply to Columbia as well.

In other words your point is mute.

https://twitter.com/CountyPolk

Just now, LakelandGator said:

Polk has two 6A schools(LGibson and Auburndale).

I will bet $$$ that neither one will be in 6A finals, and that would also apply to Columbia as well.

In other words your point is mute.

Who in the 6a North is SOOO far above us that we have no chance of beating?

Since clearly you think one result makes a team 

6 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Both Columbia and Escambia had close games with Pine Forest. Escambia's offense is better than Pine Forest and the defense is about the same between the 2. So you think Washington is the best team in their district ?

1 minute ago, uncleluke23 said:

Both Columbia and Escambia had close games with Pine Forest. Escambia's offense is better than Pine Forest and the defense is about the same between the 2. So you think Washington is the best team in their district ?

At this point I still think Escambia would be the favorite however I don't feel the gap between Escambia and Washington is as big as some view it is on a state level

Not saying Escambia won't win that game but I wouldn't be surprised if Washington ended up winning either 

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

At this point I still think Escambia would be the favorite however I don't feel the gap between Escambia and Washington is as big as some view it is on a state level

Not saying Escambia won't win that game but I wouldn't be surprised if Washington ended up winning either 

I agree Washington could pull it off but their offense is just not that good to me. Yes they're scoring 30 a game but they haven't really faced a solid defense (not good/great) besides West Florida and Milton. The PF game would have answered some questions but the game was called off in the 3rd quarter. 

4 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

At what point did I say someone was" SOOOO" far above someone else?

A 1 point playoff loss is the same as a 35 point running clock. #SeasonOver

https://twitter.com/countypolk?lang=en

Cause you apparently think Columbia isn't even top 10 in 6a despite every poll out there having them that way 

You also apparently feel Lee was definitively better overall because of one result even though many people I've spoke to statewide who don't care one way or other felt Columbia was better overall despite the loss

You also apparently feel they don't have the ability to win the North but you can't name a team who is clearly far enough above to confidently predict someone who would beat us

Maybe you should talk with your South Florida contact and maybe he can fill you in on Columbia and perhaps he can explain it to you 

That song is being replayed again this year. "They lose a game to a team they are better than"

I watched about 10 minutes of Columbia film last year and even less this year to know enough about them. I don't need anyone else's point of view.

Nothing personal against the Tigers, good program, but unfortunately(for you) 2019 will in all likelihood end the same way 2018 ended, a playoff loss to a team you will claim Columbia is better than.

As a matter of fact it would be a miracle for any other result to occur. 

But hey miracles do happen.:ph34r:

45 minutes ago, LakelandGator said:

That song is being replayed again this year. "They lose a game to a team they are better than"

I watched about 10 minutes of Columbia film last year and even less this year to know enough about them. I don't need anyone else's point of view.

Nothing personal against the Tigers, good program, but unfortunately(for you) 2019 will in all likelihood end the same way 2018 ended, a playoff loss to a team you will claim Columbia is better than.

As a matter of fact it would be a miracle for any other result to occur. 

But hey miracles do happen.:ph34r:

So you admit you seen next to nothing about them but think you have them all figured out

And people wonder why I'm so aggressive in my defense of columbia, yet so many will say they not a good team and have seen practically nothing of them but want to act like they know the breakdown of them better than me when I've been at every single game, SMH