Maxpreps top 6 in 6A after week 8

THIS_IS_DILLARD

2 hours ago, fishspinners said:

That's a fair point but there were a lot of teams ranked behind Columbia that I think are better. 

And that may be true I can't exactly argue it but my point being when very few teams had looked at top 5 level this year and Columbia facing a strong schedule it was easy for them to climb to #3 in FL

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 8:50 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

At this point I still think Escambia would be the favorite however I don't feel the gap between Escambia and Washington is as big as some view it is on a state level

Not saying Escambia won't win that game but I wouldn't be surprised if Washington ended up winning either 

Escambia 50 Washington 7... you still feel the same way ? Washington looked really soft tonight. Escambia's offense is pretty legit but that defense is not elite.

7 hours ago, uncleluke23 said:

Escambia 50 Washington 7... you still feel the same way ? Washington looked really soft tonight. Escambia's offense is pretty legit but that defense is not elite.

Impressive how Escambia just dominated a team that from looking at scores with common opponents were even or advantage Washington

My question is if Escambia had this kind of performance in them, where has it been when facing teams like winless Mosely and other sub .500 teams?

Escambia is clearly best in panhandle but I have doubts how they stack up with the rest of the state, the way bracket seems to be shaping up we wouldn't see Escambia till round 3 if both teams make it there and may include a game against Mainland in Escambia future so we will see then just how good Escambia is on a state level when they are facing teams from outside the panhandle

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Impressive how Escambia just dominated a team that from looking at scores with common opponents were even or advantage Washington

My question is if Escambia had this kind of performance in them, where has it been when facing teams like winless Mosely and other sub .500 teams?

Escambia is clearly best in panhandle but I have doubts how they stack up with the rest of the state, the way bracket seems to be shaping up we wouldn't see Escambia till round 3 if both teams make it there and may include a game against Mainland in Escambia future so we will see then just how good Escambia is on a state level when they are facing teams from outside the panhandle

Mosley is better than their record... somewhat. That team is really mind boggling to me. They had close losses to Wakulla, Escambia, Washington and Niceville. They also lost to FWB and barely beat Pace.

Yea it was a running clock to start the 2nd half. I'm very interested to see how far Escambia can go this year. They're ranked where they need to be in your rankings and maxpreps. They should at least make it to the 3rd round.