Lake City Columbia vs Atlantic Delray Beach

DisabledAccount

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

This is going to be a good game. Can the Tigers rebound from the disappointing loss last week?

I feel they can but we obviously have some issues to address after last week and we definitely ain't gonna get a easy game as we face a strong Atlantic program from Palm Beach County

37 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

This is gonna b a tough 1 for the tigers i believe atlantic is gonna force columbia into a turnover or 2...still a game they can win at home tho.

But if columbia dont win their district after the upset loss to lee & lose vs atlantic cant they wind up missing the playoffs.

Unlikely, Columbia RPI is very high so they should be good for playoffs 

10 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Got you got you after such a strong start getting in as a wildcard if lee beats gainsville will have to b fustrating.

Yeah but sometimes that's just the hand you get dealt

Though history has shown you don't have to be a district champ to win a title or even make it there

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Atlantic a very good team

We got worn down late after being sloppy and turning ball over multiple times

We definitely need to work on ball security and stopping the run

How did you give up 35 to Atl? Did they have a lot of big plays, because they’re not an explosive offense?

42 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

How did you give up 35 to Atl? Did they have a lot of big plays, because they’re not an explosive offense?

Well 14 points came off drives that started first and goal after backbreaking interceptions

And another TD came with under 2 minutes to play when Atlantic was running the ball to drain clock but just had some broken tackles and scored

Overall i felt coming out of the game we played better than against Lee but we still have to clean up our mistakes and find a way to stop the run better than we did last night

Columbia started game off much better than against Lee as they drove right down field on first drive and after a short drive they did same again on second drive, they had ball 3rd and 1 at the 5 yard line and had the catch for first and goal but the Atlantic defender got a perfect pop out hit on him as he tried to run to goal line and ball popped out 

Had Columbia scored there they would have went up 14-0 towards end of first quarter but that missed opportunity set the theme for the night, i believe Atlantic tied game on next drive 

Later while trailing 14-7 Jordan Smith threw a interception which was returned inside the 10 yard line and Atlantic ran it in to go up 21-7

Later in game Columbia got a solid drive and connected a deep ball to tolliver in endzone, both TD passes by Jordan tonight were on the money but had as many picks 

Down 21-14 in 4th Columbia picked off Atlantic and ran it back for a TD for a big play that woke the crowd up

After a stop Jordan once again threw a pick that got returned inside the 10 yard line and Atlantic punched it in

Eventually Atlantic got ball back and ran ball down field and wore clock down and scored with 2 minutes left to pull it away by 14 

Overall Columbia turnovers (3) and struggles with stopping the run cost them but as I said earlier nobody in 6a North is as good as Atlantic 

Posted this recap on national board and decided it could hold value here as well

"Overall Columbia turnovers (3) and struggles with stopping the run cost them but as I said earlier nobody in 6a North is as good as Atlantic "

So does that include Columbia too lol or are they excluded from that since they always play a "BAD" game when they lose? So Escambia is not as good as Columbia or that just you talking about teams you don't even watch.

13 minutes ago, ckdawg said:

"Overall Columbia turnovers (3) and struggles with stopping the run cost them but as I said earlier nobody in 6a North is as good as Atlantic "

So does that include Columbia too lol or are they excluded from that since they always play a "BAD" game when they lose? So Escambia is not as good as Columbia or that just you talking about teams you don't even watch.

So 3 turnovers isn't playing bad?

Go tell any coach that at any level and wait for their response

1 hour ago, ckdawg said:

Great point ck, but he didn't seem to get it

Related image

3 turnovers could  mean the "other team' is playing good defense as well.

Go ask any coach that at any level and wait for their response.

https://twitter.com/countypolk?lang=en

Just now, LakelandGator said:

Great point ck, but he didn't seem to get it

Related image

3 turnovers could  mean the "other team' is playing good defense as well.

Go ask any coach that at any level and wait for their response.

https://twitter.com/countypolk?lang=en

Seem to talk a lot of crap don't you?

Lake Wales barley escaped who this week? Sebring? 

A real powerhouses right?:rolleyes:

But you think a team that barely escaped Sebring would beat us by same margin that the number 1 team in PBC did? And would put huge money on it

I got feeling you probably lose hundreds of dollars every year with your bets, i hope you do better research into bets you actually go through with then the ones you just talk about

Yeah Atlantic played good defense, their defense looked a lot better than most the teams up here

Heck Atlantic overall is better than any of the 6a North teams I've seen this year either in person or on film and yes that includes Escambia

If Escambia thinks they better than Atlantic maybe they should try playing Atlantic next year and find out for themselves, or maybe play someone who ISN'T in the panhandle 

How we supposed to know how Escambia stands on a state level if they haven't played anyone outside of the panhandle?

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Seem to talk a lot of crap don't you?

Lake Wales barley escaped who this week? Sebring

A real powerhouses right?:rolleyes:

But you think a team that barely escaped Sebring would beat us by same margin that the number 1 team in PBC did? And would put huge money on it

I got feeling you probably lose hundreds of dollars every year with your bets, i hope you do better research into bets you actually go through with then the ones you just talk about

Kinda like Columbia's game with Oakleaf 

1 hour ago, Hwy17 said:

Kinda like Columbia's game with Oakleaf 

Well since you brought up Oakleaf

Sebring  5-4

Wins:

7-2 Winter Haven
0-8 Liberty
1-6 Lake Region
1-6 Mulberry
2-5 American Colligiate 

Losses:

6-2 Fort Myers
6-3 CCC
8-0 Lakewood
8-0 Lake Wales

Oakleaf  5-3

Wins:

5-3 Orange Park
1-7 Ridgeview
1-7 Gainesville
3-5 Ed White
3-4 Sandalwood

Losses:

6-2 Columbia
5-3  Mandarin
8-0 Bartram Trail

Oh and i also notice Lake Wales was blowing teams out then they faced this team and suddenly got tested

Hardee  4-4

Wins:

2-6 Fort Meade
1-7 Avon Park
1-6 Lake Region
1-6 Mulberry

Losses:

7-1  Port Charlotte
7-1  North Marion
8-0  Lake Gibson
8-0  Lake Wales

And also Lake Wales started with "record setting" numbers first 5 weeks on offense, though not so impressive once seeing their opening half schedule

2-7 Kathleen
3-5 Ridge Community
0-8 Haines City
1-6 Mulberry
4-4 Clewiston

Makes me question whether or not Lake Wales is truly as dominate as some Polk people try to make them sound