Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
ColumbiaHighFan2017class

Lake City Columbia vs Atlantic Delray Beach

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LakelandGator said:

Yeah Francis, LWales is better than Columbia. Sorry if that hurts your little feelings.:rolleyes:

Too bad the Highlanders had to drop to 5A this year, they would win 6A North in 2019.

Too bad you have no facts to back this up, just biased opinions

 

 

And still don't take away facts Lake Wales has beaten 2 or 3 decent teams and a bunch of nobodies 

 

Nobody who is elite, if Lake Wales is really elite why not play Lakeland? But we both know why Lake Wales didn't play them #BigFishSmallPond

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well since you brought up Oakleaf

 

Sebring  5-4

Wins:

7-2 Winter Haven
0-8 Liberty
1-6 Lake Region
1-6 Mulberry
2-5 American Colligiate 


Losses:

6-2 Fort Myers
6-3 CCC
8-0 Lakewood
8-0 Lake Wales

 

 


Oakleaf  5-3


Wins:


5-3 Orange Park
1-7 Ridgeview
1-7 Gainesville
3-5 Ed White
3-4 Sandalwood

Losses:


6-2 Columbia
5-3  Mandarin
8-0 Bartram Trail

 

 

 

Oh and i also notice Lake Wales was blowing teams out then they faced this team and suddenly got tested

 

 

Hardee  4-4


Wins:

2-6 Fort Meade
1-7 Avon Park
1-6 Lake Region
1-6 Mulberry


Losses:

7-1  Port Charlotte
7-1  North Marion
8-0  Lake Gibson
8-0  Lake Wales

 

 

 

 

And also Lake Wales started with "record setting" numbers first 5 weeks on offense, though not so impressive once seeing their opening half schedule

 

2-7 Kathleen
3-5 Ridge Community
0-8 Haines City
1-6 Mulberry
4-4 Clewiston

 

Makes me question whether or not Lake Wales is truly as dominate as some Polk people try to make them sound

Sebring is about the same caliber as Oakleaf and certainly capable of beating some so called top teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Sebring is about the same caliber as Oakleaf and certainly capable of beating some so called top teams. 

Perhaps they can

 

Maybe they prove it in the playoffs, but at same time it calls into question if Lake Wales is truly as dominate as Polk dude seems to want them to be

 

But then again he been trying VERY hard to prop up Lake Gibson, lake wales and auburndale all season as if they were state elite teams, they are not

 

Polk has one state elite team and that is Lakeland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Perhaps they can

 

Maybe they prove it in the playoffs, but at same time it calls into question if Lake Wales is truly as dominate as Polk dude seems to want them to be

 

But then again he been trying VERY hard to prop up Lake Gibson, lake wales and auburndale all season as if they were state elite teams, they are not

 

Polk has one state elite team and that is Lakeland

A lot of people on this board assume that some of the teams with .500 or just a little better records or ranked outside the top 50 are somehow pushovers.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

A lot of people on this board assume that some of the teams with .500 or just a little better records or ranked outside the top 50 are somehow pushovers.   

Sebring had 5 wins, 4 of them over teams with 2 wins or less

 

I don't feel Sebring is a pushover but the teams they have beaten outside of Winter Haven are

 

 

Then we look at Lake Wales first 5 games and you got one team at .500 and 4 teams with 3 wins or less

 

That is not a impressive schedule and funny that moment Lake Wales starts facing teams with a pulse they no longer look all that dominate, but we are supposed to believe Lake Wales is elite based on their results?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based off what I've seen,  Lake Wales is better than Lake Gibson,  Port Charlotte, and North Marion.  They have more size, speed and depth than any of them. What that will equate to in the playoffs remains to be seen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, the Polk folks have overrated Lake Wales considerably. They are a quality team that the community can be proud of. But, this notion that they are some elite team that can win a state title against some of the teams being mentioned is silly. Lakeland, and any of the elite teams vying for state titles would put a running clock on the Highlanders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skyway said:

IMO, the Polk folks have overrated Lake Wales considerably. They are a quality team that the community can be proud of. But, this notion that they are some elite team that can win a state title against some of the teams being mentioned is silly. Lakeland, and any of the elite teams vying for state titles would put a running clock on the Highlanders.

I agree

 

Lake Wales is a decent team and adds some depth to Polk County but are not contenders, they are a big fish in a small pond and it's interesting they chose not to schedule Lakeland, Lake Gibson or Auburndale

 

 

7 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Based off what I've seen,  Lake Wales is better than Lake Gibson,  Port Charlotte, and North Marion.  They have more size, speed and depth than any of them. What that will equate to in the playoffs remains to be seen.  

And those 3 teams are good teams but not elite ones

 

Lake Wales region is average at best, only serious threat i see this year is Rockledge who if they are as good as some have told me will beat Lake wales by double digits and expose Lake Wales for being over their heads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badbird said:

Maybe I have read this whole thing wrong but no one claimed Lake Wales as elite.  He just said Lake Wales is better than Columbia.  That doesn't mean they are elite.  :D

He produced no evidence to justify it and Lake Wales schedule has done nothing to prove they would beat Columbia by 14+ which is a biased and unsupported claim by someone who has admitted he hasn't even seen Columbia play so his argument is bogus crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hwy17 said:

To me, elite means top 1%. So out of 530  or so football playing schools in the state of Florida,  there are only 5 maybe 6 that deserve to be called elite.  

And that is a fair breakdown

 

And I can guarantee you Lake Wales isn't sniffing top 5 until they actually prove it and while Hardee and Sebring aren't bad teams they certainly aren't wins that prove someone should be considered a elite team in FL, especially when they barley got by both of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

He produced no evidence to justify it and Lake Wales schedule has done nothing to prove they would beat Columbia by 14+ which is a biased and unsupported claim by someone who has admitted he hasn't even seen Columbia play so his argument is bogus crap

I'm gonna go ahead and claim Lake Wales as the 6A state champs.  I know they are 5A but the Bad Bird matrix algorithm has  declared Lake Wales as the 2019 6A state champs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badbird said:

I'm gonna go ahead and claim Lake Wales as the 6A state champs.  I know they are 5A but the Bad Bird matrix algorithm has  declared Lake Wales as the 2019 6A state champs.  

Who are you? UCF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And that is a fair breakdown

 

And I can guarantee you Lake Wales isn't sniffing top 5 until they actually prove it and while Hardee and Sebring aren't bad teams they certainly aren't wins that prove someone should be considered a elite team in FL, especially when they barley got by both of them

Should Lake Wales win 5a, then they can claim top 5 status.  Right now I'd put them top 25.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah but that's a big if atm

 

I don't see them beating Rockledge, AHP or MNW or even having the game within 10 points 

I respectfully disagree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What of Lake Wales have you seen that makes you feel they are on same level of any of those 3 teams? If you don't mind me asking?

They have a lot of different ways they can beat you, a lot of depth at skill positions,  and size on the both lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badbird said:

Maybe I have read this whole thing wrong but no one claimed Lake Wales as elite.  He just said Lake Wales is better than Columbia.  That doesn't mean they are elite.  :D

There are folks in Polk county, trying to kiss ass and not seem biased, who have spoken as if Lake Wales is right there with Lakeland at the top of Poll county. It's goofy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, skyway said:

There are folks in Polk county, trying to kiss ass and not seem biased, who have spoken as if Lake Wales is right there with Lakeland at the top of Poll county. It's goofy.

Thing is, if Lake Wales had the exact same schedule as Lakeland,  they most likely would win those games by similar scores.  So its hard to gauge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Thing is, if Lake Wales had the exact same schedule as Lakeland,  they most likely would win those games by similar scores.  So its hard to gauge.  

Hialeah, Centennnial, Bloomingdale, and possibly Manatee would take them down to the wire the same way Sebring did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, skyway said:

Hialeah, Centennnial, Bloomingdale, and possibly Manatee would take them down to the wire the same way Sebring did.

 I'm not even a fan of LW, but this is obviously a Lakeland guy feeling threatened that he ever so precious dreadnaughts aren't the only good team in the county so he's trying to downplay other schools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sebring... was tied with minutes to play before LW scored the game winner. 

Sebring lost by 10 to Fort Myers, by 13 to Clearwater Central Catholic and by 38 to Lakewood. All of the teams I mentioned are plenty capable of duplicating those mediocre results.

I get it; there's a little man's complex for those from the sticks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×