Thursday night games

Perspective

1 minute ago, Perspective said:

What was with all the Thursday night games?  Shared-field arrangements?  Weather? 

In Orange County, it was due to today (Friday) being a student holiday. Since several Seminole County teams were in districts with Orange County teams, inter-county were play was on Thursday. In Dade County Thursday night games are usually due to shared field arrangements as many (probably the majority) of Dade public schools don't have their own fields. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

In Orange County, it was due to today (Friday) being a student holiday. Since several Seminole County teams were in districts with Orange County teams, inter-county were play was on Thursday. In Dade County Thursday night games are usually due to shared field arrangements as many (probably the majority) of Dade public schools don't have their own fields. 

Thanks. 

Just out of curiosity, what holiday is it?  End of Hurricane Season?  Start of Snowbird Season?  I just want to make sure I didn't ignore any one of my Facebook friends on their special day.  B)

3 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Thanks. 

Just out of curiosity, what holiday is it?  End of Hurricane Season?  Start of Snowbird Season?  I just want to make sure I didn't ignore any one of my Facebook friends on their special day.  B)

I think it is just a teacher workday in Orange County. I will ask the wife when she gets home. As an administrator she gets to work even though the kids are out.