IMG @ St. Frances Academy

Proseteye

Any ideas about this game today in Baltimore being played at the Morgan State University stadium? IMG is 7-0. SFA is 6-1 losing only to possibly the top team in the country Mater Dei. SFA is averaging 45 ppg and 8 ppg against. IMG is averaging 40 ppg and 13 ppg against. SFA has a Sophomore QB John Griffith who has 5 D-1 offers already and has a nickname of "The Rifleman". Will IMG's defense be able to slow him down? I think they will. That of course will be the key to them winning this game and also if they can successfully run the ball against SFA. 

16 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Or maybe IMG was just overrated which I been saying

But noooo columbiafan don't know football since IMG greatest team ever

I said SFA would put them down months ago but nobody would listen

I guess we could also say this about Columbia when they lose. Overrated, right? No, IMG is not overrated. They lost a game to one of the best teams in the nation. No excuses. IMG lost to a team that executed better on Friday. Another Friday the score may be reversed. Please stop with your incessant dislike of IMG. It's really getting old, buddy. -_-

6 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I guess we could also say this about Columbia when they lose. Overrated, right? No, IMG is not overrated. They lost a game to one of the best teams in the nation. No excuses. IMG lost to a team that executed better on Friday. Another Friday the score may be reversed. Please stop with your incessant dislike of IMG. It's really getting old, buddy. -_-

Well many keep saying we are overrated so I guess "national powerhouses" get free passes to lose

And unlikely because SFA is better which I've been saying for months, i even pointed to the fact SFA senior class was more loaded than IMG but everyone was still blinded and wanting to assume nobody was gonna beat IMG 

Everytime someone says IMG is the only elite (good) team in the state it is disrespect to the programs who earned their spot instead of buying relevance like IMG did, my dislike is perfectly justified based on the disrespect FL receives as a state all because no other school can get the state shoving money up their ass to spend like IMG gets granted to wipe their butt with while many schools can't even afford to pay to fix holes in the ceiling

Columbia,

All of this IMG stuff doesn’t matter, this is still the worst football I’ve seen in 20+ years. I go to games every Thursday/Friday night and what do I see? The same garbage spread offense. It all looks BAD. QB’s can’t complete simple throws, WR drops left and right, RB fumbles, and the same zone blocking schemes that kids can’t perform. I’m tired of this trying to be like college teams...we don’t have the time to be able to do those things. 

4 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well many keep saying we are overrated so I guess "national powerhouses" get free passes to lose

And unlikely because SFA is better which I've been saying for months, i even pointed to the fact SFA senior class was more loaded than IMG but everyone was still blinded and wanting to assume nobody was gonna beat IMG 

Everytime someone says IMG is the only elite (good) team in the state it is disrespect to the programs who earned their spot instead of buying relevance like IMG did, my dislike is perfectly justified based on the disrespect FL receives as a state all because no other school can get the state shoving money up their ass to spend like IMG gets granted to wipe their butt with while many schools can't even afford to pay to fix holes in the ceiling

Who on this site says that IMG is the only elite team in the state?

40 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Who on this site says that IMG is the only elite team in the state?

On 10/15/2019 at 2:09 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Exactly in my opinion...lakeland and sta is NOT Elite ...sta hasnt even been the best in their own classification the last few years let alone one of the best in the nation. Same can b said about lakeland b4 last year.

Truth of the matter is iMG is the only school who schedules the BEST OF THE BEST yearly; idc if its because they recruit nationally blah blah their not forcing any kid to play for them. 

Teams LIKE BTW MC MNW STA LAKELAND CHAMINADE U SCHOOL AHP (THIS YEAR) Will be considerd as above avg good to very good football programs but thats about it. IMG is the ONLY school in florida RIGHT NOW that can go head to head with any of the nations BEST & not be embarrassed; and would probably come back home with a winning record.

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Probably others as well but i just don't have several hours of free time to dig up posts from past year or 2, I just grabbed those 2 because I saw it very recently and it did answer the question OSL asked 

As much as I am reading people state that FL football is down this year and we stink it up against OOS competition, I don't doubt that there may be some who believe that IMG is the only elite team in the state this year.  As far as teams not earning their stripes, there are some private schools which skyrocketed in performance this decade.  One could make up stories about them recruiting and buying their way into prominence as well.  Why stop at IMG? 

22 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yes, this has got to be one of the worst years I have every seen in the past 22 seasons I have watched Florida football. Maybe APK does win the 8A title after all!

Maybe you are just picking the wrong games to watch, Darter.  :lol:  There are numerous programs out there are playing football as good or better than they ever have.  I think we should be celebrating those accomplishments instead of focusing on the relative few  who are underperforming.

10 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Maybe you are just picking the wrong games to watch, Darter.  :lol:  There are numerous programs out there are playing football as good or better than they ever have.  I think we should be celebrating those accomplishments instead of focusing on the relative few  who are underperforming.

I think a lot of the teams outperforming are doing so due to some of the better programs underperforming. In other words, I am not sure that there is a lot of real improvement on part of several teams that have winning records this year. In watching the Evans' game versus Apopka, I am not sure that Evans is really any better than they have been over the past five years. Yet, they probably finish 6-4 and could even finish 7-3 (I give them a 50/50 chance of doing the latter if the back to back losses don't get to them).

23 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

As much as I am reading people state that FL football is down this year and we stink it up against OOS competition, I don't doubt that there may be some who believe that IMG is the only elite team in the state this year.  As far as teams not earning their stripes, there are some private schools which skyrocketed in performance this decade.  One could make up stories about them recruiting and buying their way into prominence as well.  Why stop at IMG? 

Maybe so 

Though I can't think of many who have received millions of dollars from the state like IMG did

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Maybe so 

Though I can't think of many who have received millions of dollars from the state like IMG did

And how many millions, if not billions, in taxpayer dollars do the public schools receive from the state and the federal government? For those millions most of them can't even teach reading, writing, and arithmetic. Seniors are handed out diplomas that some of them literally cannot read. The private and parochial schools get absolutely no money from the taxpayers yet they at least turn out graduates that can read, write, and do arithmetic. There were studies done that stated if all private and parochial schools closed tomorrow the public schools would collapse. Millions of additional students would overwhelm the already overwhelmed public schools. IMG is a business and a very successful business that generates a heck of a lot more money for the state than if has ever gotten from the taxpayers of Florida. I don't see you complaining about the funding that has been provided by the state to induce all other types of companies to locate to Florida. All of it taxpayer money. You must realize that companies can relocate anywhere. If Florida does not induce companies to move to Florida then jobs are not created and taxes are not collected. Some other state will induce these companies to move there.

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

And how many millions, if not billions, in taxpayer dollars do the public schools receive from the state and the federal government? For those millions most of them can't even teach reading, writing, and arithmetic. Seniors are handed out diplomas that some of them literally cannot read. The private and parochial schools get absolutely no money from the taxpayers yet they at least turn out graduates that can read, write, and do arithmetic. There were studies done that stated if all private and parochial schools closed tomorrow the public schools would collapse. Millions of additional students would overwhelm the already overwhelmed public schools. IMG is a business and a very successful business that generates a heck of a lot more money for the state than if has ever gotten from the taxpayers of Florida. I don't see you complaining about the funding that has been provided by the state to induce all other types of companies to locate to Florida. All of it taxpayer money. You must realize that companies can relocate anywhere. If Florida does not induce companies to move to Florida then jobs are not created and taxes are not collected. Some other state will induce these companies to move there.

You might as well try spitting in the desert and hoping grass will grow, as those odds would be better before Columbia Fan would ever understand how the state of Florida budget works in as far as allocation of tax revenue to generate tourism dollars versus revenue allocated for education.......................been there, tried that and it was a pointless endeavor in hindsight.