IMG @ St. Frances Academy

Proseteye

8 hours ago, Proseteye said:

And how many millions, if not billions, in taxpayer dollars do the public schools receive from the state and the federal government? For those millions most of them can't even teach reading, writing, and arithmetic. Seniors are handed out diplomas that some of them literally cannot read. The private and parochial schools get absolutely no money from the taxpayers yet they at least turn out graduates that can read, write, and do arithmetic. There were studies done that stated if all private and parochial schools closed tomorrow the public schools would collapse. Millions of additional students would overwhelm the already overwhelmed public schools. IMG is a business and a very successful business that generates a heck of a lot more money for the state than if has ever gotten from the taxpayers of Florida. I don't see you complaining about the funding that has been provided by the state to induce all other types of companies to locate to Florida. All of it taxpayer money. You must realize that companies can relocate anywhere. If Florida does not induce companies to move to Florida then jobs are not created and taxes are not collected. Some other state will induce these companies to move there.

A public school is state funded, it's the major source of revenue for loads of expenses

Public schools don't have the luxury of Charging 50k or more a year to attend for each student (except for the ones they offer a scholarship to) 

IMG isn't lacking any money and despite what some people on here want to say and imply I'm stupid, while IMG brings in tourism and jobs, funding them now is no longer needed as they aren't going anywhere

That's like saying the federal government needs to send 5 billion to Microsoft each year to help pay for their expenses, Microsoft don't need any help from the government as they are making more than enough to run their business and bring in a profit

Same goes for IMG, just in a smaller scale

41 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

A public school is state funded, it's the major source of revenue for loads of expenses

Public schools don't have the luxury of Charging 50k or more a year to attend for each student (except for the ones they offer a scholarship to) 

IMG isn't lacking any money and despite what some people on here want to say and imply I'm stupid, while IMG brings in tourism and jobs, funding them now is no longer needed as they aren't going anywhere

That's like saying the federal government needs to send 5 billion to Microsoft each year to help pay for their expenses, Microsoft don't need any help from the government as they are making more than enough to run their business and bring in a profit

Same goes for IMG, just in a smaller scale

Practically no private school charges anywhere near that type of money. Most private and parochial schools charge in the neighborhood of $3,000 to $5,000 per year. Many of them charge practically nothing if you are a member. IMG is more than just a private school. They are a boarding school that trains athletes. A very expensive proposition.

I don't believe that IMG still receives funds from the state. They may have initially received some inducement funding. Usually that is a one time deal or possibly tax incentives over a period of time.

I'm quite sure that the state of California gave Microsoft a pretty good inducement package to locate there. Microsoft could have located anywhere else and I would bet that California's offer was probably better than the rest.

Who in the world thinks that you are stupid? If someone disagrees with someone's opinions how in the world does it make that person stupid? I, myself, think you're a pretty bright and knowledgeable person especially when it comes to HS football. We have differing philosophies on IMG that is all. :)

16 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Practically no private school charges anywhere near that type of money. Most private and parochial schools charge in the neighborhood of $3,000 to $5,000 per year. Many of them charge practically nothing if you are a member. IMG is more than just a private school. They are a boarding school that trains athletes. A very expensive proposition.

I don't believe that IMG still receives funds from the state. They may have initially received some inducement funding. Usually that is a one time deal or possibly tax incentives over a period of time.

I'm quite sure that the state of California gave Microsoft a pretty good inducement package to locate there. Microsoft could have located anywhere else and I would bet that California's offer was probably better than the rest.

Who in the world thinks that you are stupid? If someone disagrees with someone's opinions how in the world does it make that person stupid? I, myself, think you're a pretty bright and knowledgeable person especially when it comes to HS football. We have differing philosophies on IMG that is all. :)

Yes but my point was now that IMG is here and established, providing them funding is no longer needed 

2 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Are you sure that the state is still providing IMG any funding? As I stated, possibly IMG is receiving tax breaks over a period of years. That would be different than outright funding which they may have gotten in the very beginning. 

I've been trying to search for that information but I haven't found much

The article I found showed 2 or 3 years in a row of 7 figure payouts

However that article isn't up to date with past few years since the article was published and I haven't found anywhere else that can prove or disprove if they are "currently" getting it

Well I worked for IMG for 2 years and won't say I hated it but it wasn't my favorite job either. They spend a ton of money and cut corners and go cheap on many things. 

Like most corporations their pay scales are wildly different. Those at the top make lots, those at the bottom not as much. 

Teacher pay isn't all that. And IMO the education given isn't all that either. But the sports facilities are first rate and it really is a school for sports and not academics. There are far better prep/boarding schools for studies.

The food facilities are adequate but not great. They just finished a hotel on property which was very much a big ticket item as was the new dorm and swimming park.

Should see some of the cars these kids drive...

But I found their football games to be dull, no pizazz, a band and cheerleaders brought in from local kids, no real student interaction. Few actually attend. Seemed like an event for a select few to see and be seen and congratulate themselves...if you know what I mean.

More like a Jr. College game.

I will say this, the fact that they or a key manager were involved in the SAT scandal did not leave me shocked.

Right across the street is Bayshore High School and I would rather attend one of their games.

They may be elite but the lipstick on a pig comes to my mind whenI think of my time there. Very expensive lipstick and prime pork of course.

18 hours ago, Legion37 said:

Well I worked for IMG for 2 years and won't say I hated it but it wasn't my favorite job either. They spend a ton of money and cut corners and go cheap on many things. 

Like most corporations their pay scales are wildly different. Those at the top make lots, those at the bottom not as much. 

Teacher pay isn't all that. And IMO the education given isn't all that either. But the sports facilities are first rate and it really is a school for sports and not academics. There are far better prep/boarding schools for studies.

The food facilities are adequate but not great. They just finished a hotel on property which was very much a big ticket item as was the new dorm and swimming park.

Should see some of the cars these kids drive...

But I found their football games to be dull, no pizazz, a band and cheerleaders brought in from local kids, no real student interaction. Few actually attend. Seemed like an event for a select few to see and be seen and congratulate themselves...if you know what I mean.

More like a Jr. College game.

I will say this, the fact that they or a key manager were involved in the SAT scandal did not leave me shocked.

Right across the street is Bayshore High School and I would rather attend one of their games.

They may be elite but the lipstick on a pig comes to my mind whenI think of my time there. Very expensive lipstick and prime pork of course.

This is also why they play many OOS games vs. much better competition. 

2 hours ago, NewEraFball said:

This is also why they play many OOS games vs. much better competition. 

They actually struggle to fill out a 10 game season for the Blue squad, some teams , even OOS teams, won't play them and others aren't willing or able to travel to Bradenton. IMG thus must work out the travel for their team and the resulting needs of the team.  

This is less a high school and more like a small college...bordering on a moderate sized college.

I fully expect at some point IMG will own it's own aircraft so as to eliminate at least one travel issue, and now they can offer (for a reduced fee) a hotel for visiting teams on campus. 

The goal is to win games and prepare players to transition to 1A college programs, at bost they appear to be a success. 

That said it still wasn't my favorite job.