12 Interesting Games This Week

OldSchoolLion

NORTH FL

Washington @ Escambia   These two face off for the 6A District 1 title

Palmetto @ Lincoln

Trinity Christian @ Raines

CENTRAL FL

Lake Mary @ Apopka   The Blue Darters try to wrap up the 8A District 4 title.

Palm Coast @ Deland   8A District 2 matchup

TB Tech @ Wiregrass Ranch   7A District 8 matchup

Lakewood @ Largo

SOUTH FL

Champagnat Catholic @ Gulliver Prep   8-0 Gulliver tries to stay unbeaten in battle of private school powers.

Miami Palmetto @ South Dade   Battle for the 8A District 16 title

Booker T Washington @ Edison   BTW has dominated the series of late, but Edison's defense is stout

Miami Central @ Chaminade-Madonna  These two met in 2017 and Central won big 48-24.

University @ Bishop Verot

Trinity Catholic (Ocala) @ Calvary Christian (Clearwater). A very important game for the Celtics to establish themselves in 3A as a viable playoff team once again. They are already in the playoffs but this game over a tough Calvary Christian will increase their bonifides. This game will also be televised live on the NHFS Network.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

University needed 14 points in the fourth qtr to beat BV 21-13.  What happened to the blowout?

Bishop Verot proved me wrong. They are definitely better than they were every season they played Cocoa in the first or second round. I thought this game was gonna end the same way the Cocoa vs Holy Trinity game ended.

2 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

University needed 14 points in the fourth qtr to beat BV 21-13.  What happened to the blowout?

University School threw multiple interceptions early in the game, 2 in the first half, 1 in the second half on drives they were moving the ball.  Bishop Verot was up 6-0 at halftime. In the second half, the Uschool passing game finally got on track and provided separation. Uschool won the second half 21-7.

I admit that we got this one wrong. Bishop Verot appears ready to be a force in their region with their athletes. There are some good video highlights and commentary of the game on the Ft. Myers TV station. I don't have a link but watched it yesterday.

This might end up being a bigger win for Uschool than first thought.