Rpi question

Hwy17

2 hours ago, badbird said:

Don't forget got a few stud recruits err transfers in 2018

Who didn't?  That is hs football now.  Jacksonville is huge and spread out.  Nearly 20 highschools that play football.  If that number was lower and these teams merged, we would have teams go deep every year like these areas with few schools that get all the athletes from their area.

2 hours ago, badbird said:

well 1A cried about small private schools so there are not many teams in 1A.  If you do districts teams will have to travel.  They need to combine 1A and 2A and then travel wouldn't be as big of an issue

If your gonna combine 1A and 2A then you also need to combine 3A and 4A... You saying 1A cried, but guarantee you would hear more grief from 2A teams than 1A teams if the 2 got combined.

6 hours ago, blackmagic said:

If your gonna combine 1A and 2A then you also need to combine 3A and 4A... You saying 1A cried, but guarantee you would hear more grief from 2A teams than 1A teams if the 2 got combined.

You might but the 1A teams are why it got split.  Also if it was put back together some private school would just recruit more and the public schools would cry again.  Remember public schools were getting shut out in the small classifications

12 hours ago, badbird said:

You might but the 1A teams are why it got split.  Also if it was put back together some private school would just recruit more and the public schools would cry again.  Remember public schools were getting shut out in the small classifications

True. Outside of Trenton, Madison County, etc., very few were able to compete with the recruited up little privates. 

The easy solution, still, is to separate the privates. Give them 2 or 3 classes. Give the public schools 4 classes. That solves pretty much everything. Have big school and small school open bowl at the end if the teams want to challenge each other. If in some years they don't, you can draw in an OOS opponent w/ TV and $.

The lower division issue stems from a few powerhouses who recruit having loaded teams with like 7 d-1 players versus a team with no college players at all and that what started this whole mess. Same issue in many other states as well. Easy solution is too have a winning multiplier where a low division team has to bump up a division if they finish in top 8 two years in a row and have those team play up. 

As for the issue of 8A , it has a problem where high enrollment teams are sometime twice as big in enrollment as the low end of the classification. This was not a problem when football participation numbers were much higher for all schools. Now many 7A and 8A teams are struggling to fill a freshman and JV team and it is going to make the discrepancy even worse in the future. Its not fair a term has 4500 to 5000 students compared to 2500 but noone bothers to complain about that or threaten to leave to FHSAA at that level. It will become a issue soon.

43 minutes ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

The lower division issue stems from a few powerhouses who recruit having loaded teams with like 7 d-1 players versus a team with no college players at all and that what started this whole mess. Same issue in many other states as well. Easy solution is too have a winning multiplier where a low division team has to bump up a division if they finish in top 8 two years in a row and have those team play up. 

As for the issue of 8A , it has a problem where high enrollment teams are sometime twice as big in enrollment as the low end of the classification. This was not a problem when football participation numbers were much higher for all schools. Now many 7A and 8A teams are struggling to fill a freshman and JV team and it is going to make the discrepancy even worse in the future. Its not fair a term has 4500 to 5000 students compared to 2500 but noone bothers to complain about that or threaten to leave to FHSAA at that level. It will become a issue soon.

Public schools with under 1000 in a class; Private schools in another class;  Everybody else split up into 4 classes.  Wish I had the data to see what that would look like. 

3 hours ago, Floridaatlantic1 said:

dear god lets cry about every thing.  This is why we have the mess we have.  I'm not trying to pick on you but then do we cry about panhandle coaches getting paid more and they should be in a different class.  Or Lakeland is school choice but Plant is not so they should be in different classes?  It can't all be the same.  It doesn't matter if I have 80k kids in my school if they can't play football.  If I recruit 22 studs and I have 50 kids in my school I'm going to do pretty good.  

Cut the classes down, make districts bigger, stop giving everyone a participation trophy, and lets play football.