if A “Elite” Team Schedules For Ex (3 elite teams) and lose all 3 games is that team really elite.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

I ask this question because there are a few teams in south Florida or Florida in general that our called “ELITE” but yet whenever they faced ELITE competition this year or in years past they not only lost but was Annihilated. 

so the question is is that team really elite ??? If your as ELITE as the polls rank You NOT only should you not be getting blown out in every elite matchup you have but you should ATLEAST win 2 out of 3 of those matchups in my opinion. 

perfect EXAMPLE: DEERFIELD ...year in & year out the BUCKS Are the class 8A to win it all their nationally & state ranked but yet they fail to get the job done against ELITE competition & when it counts the most (PLAYOFFS) so are they really elite when they haven’t even hoisted 1 CHAMPIONSHIP trophy in school history ??? 

this is NOT about Deerfield but their schedule fits the perfect example  & reason for this thread the bucks scheduled 3 “ELITE” teams & was BLASTED IN ALL 3 carol city, St. John’s & STA ...2 of those teams right now don’t even have winning records Carol city (4-5) St. John’s (4-4) and some will say “oh St. John’s played some of the best teams in the country” ..which is true but they recruit from all over & etc just like mater dei and etc do so the truth can be told ST JOHNS isn’t as elite (THIS YEAR) As people may think. 

carol city (4-5) their loses have come to teams that were also considered ELITE but GOT blasted by EVERY elite team on their schedule so what does that say about carol city ?? The chiefs even lost to a up and coming but not great Edison team (7-6) so what does that say about the bucks who was blown out by carol city ?? 

all in all if you can’t be ELITE competition then regardless of who is on your roster you should not be called ELITE. if your School NEVER one A state title then you should not be called a POWER HOUSE Nor elite PERIOD!! 

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I ask this question because there are a few teams in south Florida or Florida in general that our called “ELITE” but yet whenever they faced ELITE competition this year or in years past they not only lost but was Annihilated. 

so the question is is that team really elite ??? If your as ELITE as the polls rank You NOT only should you not be getting blown out in every elite matchup you have but you should ATLEAST win 2 out of 3 of those matchups in my opinion. 

perfect EXAMPLE: DEERFIELD ...year in & year out the BUCKS Are the class 8A to win it all their nationally & state ranked but yet they fail to get the job done against ELITE competition & when it counts the most (PLAYOFFS) so are they really elite when they haven’t even hoisted 1 CHAMPIONSHIP trophy in school history ??? 

this is NOT about Deerfield but their schedule fits the perfect example  & reason for this thread the bucks scheduled 3 “ELITE” teams & was BLASTED IN ALL 3 carol city, St. John’s & STA ...2 of those teams right now don’t even have winning records Carol city (4-5) St. John’s (4-4) and some will say “oh St. John’s played some of the best teams in the country” ..which is true but they recruit from all over & etc just like mater dei and etc do so the truth can be told mater dei isn’t as elite (THIS YEAR) As people may think. 

carol city (4-5) their loses have come to teams that were also considered ELITE but GOT blasted by EVERY elite team on their schedule so what does that say about carol city ?? The chiefs even lost to a up and coming but not great Edison team (7-6) so what does that say about the bucks who was blown out by carol city ?? 

all in all if you can’t be ELITE competition then regardless of who is on your roster you should not be called ELITE. if your School NEVER one A state title then you should not be called a POWER HOUSE Nor elite PERIOD!! 

LMAO mater Dei not elite this year??

Defeated SFA convincingly 

Also stated by you recently

"IMG definitely elite and is only elite team in Florida" (while ignoring Lakeland and STA)

SFA beats IMG 35-7

11 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

this is NOT about Deerfield but their schedule fits the perfect example  & reason for this thread the bucks scheduled 3 “ELITE” teams & was BLASTED IN ALL 3 carol city, St. John’s & STA ...2 of those teams right now don’t even have winning records Carol city (4-5) St. John’s (4-4) and some will say “oh St. John’s played some of the best teams in the country” ..which is true but they recruit from all over & etc just like mater dei and etc do so the truth can be told mater dei isn’t as elite (THIS YEAR) As people may think. 

While losing to elite teams don't make someone elite, playing weak competition just to get a inflated record don't make a team good

That generally happens when teams choose to play down in competition and schedule easy wins

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

LMAO mater Dei not elite this year??

Defeated SFA convincingly 

Also stated by you recently

"IMG definitely elite and is only elite team in Florida" (while ignoring Lakeland and STA)

SFA beats IMG 35-7

That was a typo I was typing to quick if you was following the post it meant to say ST JOHNS

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

While losing to elite teams don't make someone elite, playing weak competition just to get a inflated record don't make a team good

That generally happens when teams choose to play down in competition and schedule easy wins

That’s a entire diff subject & thread this thread is solely on teams who are called ELITE but in reality NOT elite. 

you can have potential & you May have the transfers but our schools in Florida ESPECIALLY in this era need to stop scheduling these ELITE power schools like their bout that life only to be embarrassed. 

Sure a few years back & at different times over the past few decades we had a few teams able to hang & beat some of the nations best. BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW❗️There is NO (ELITE) teams in Florida right now...NONE!! The closest team that comes to being elite this year is iMG who got blasted by SFA who was BLASTED by mater dei. As I said before FLORIDA HIGH SCHOOL football as far as LEVEL OF PLAY  is trending DOWNWARDS notice I said LEVEL OF PLAY!!! NOT!!! TALENT is trending downwards and what we see down here and consider elite is mere child’s play & lil league football in other places.

7 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Sure a few years back & at different times over the past few decades we had a few teams able to hang & beat some of the nations best. BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW❗️There is NO (ELITE) teams in Florida right now...NONE!! The closest team that comes to being elite this year is iMG who got blasted by SFA who was BLASTED by mater dei. As I said before FLORIDA HIGH SCHOOL football as far as LEVEL OF PLAY  is trending DOWNWARDS notice I said LEVEL OF PLAY!!! NOT!!! TALENT is trending downwards and what we see down here and consider elite is mere child’s play & lil league football in other places

So? Who cares? I don't live in other places and I'm not from other places. I live in Florida and watch HS football in Florida. I don't care about who wins California or Texas or Michigan or any other place. 

I've coached HS football in 5 different states and would gladly take the talent from Florida. 

Is IMG a Florida school? Not really, the student body hails from everywhere. They're more like Notre Dame, which is not an Indiana school but happens to be in Indiana. The biggest difference is that Notre Dame can win a National Championship but IMG can't win a Florida High School Championship.

Not so sure why you seemed obsessed with badmouthing Florida High School Football, but we get it, you don't like our lack of Elite teams and feel like casting shade. More power to you! 

Lakeland is playing Kathleen, that is the only game I care about at the moment. Elite or not. Is not Dillard trying for an undefeated regular season? Seems like that is a fantastic thing, who cares if they are not as elite as Prep School USA in faraway states.

5 minutes ago, Legion37 said:

So? Who cares? I don't live in other places and I'm not from other places. I live in Florida and watch HS football in Florida. I don't care about who wins California or Texas or Michigan or any other place. 

I've coached HS football in 5 different states and would gladly take the talent from Florida. 

Is IMG a Florida school? Not really, the student body hails from everywhere. They're more like Notre Dame, which is not an Indiana school but happens to be in Indiana. The biggest difference is that Notre Dame can win a National Championship but IMG can't win a Florida High School Championship.

Not so sure why you seemed obsessed with badmouthing Florida High School Football, but we get it, you don't like our lack of Elite teams and feel like casting shade. More power to you! 

Lakeland is playing Kathleen, that is the only game I care about at the moment. Elite or not. Is not Dillard trying for an undefeated regular season? Seems like that is a fantastic thing, who cares if they are not as elite as Prep School USA in faraway states.

I think you missed my point; While I agree with what your saying everyone on this board or in this state feels that way. They not only feel Florida has the best talent but also believe we are playing at the highest level which is false. 

let’s enjoy the season ? Yes let’s only worry about what we’re doing in Florida ? Fair enough but the moment we as Floridians try to compare ourselves to other states & how elite we are that’s where this topic comes into play. 

AS OF RIGHT NOW Florida High school football is NOT playing at a elite level nor is our teams elite we have to be very careful throwing that word around. It’s not about bashing my state or the schools but let’s be honest ATLEAST.

I did not miss your point. You think Florida football is not currently elite. And we need to ascribe to your definition of what an elite team is. 

And we should humbly sit with our tails between our legs and not schedule "elite" teams from another state and accept the situation as is.

Well your opinion has been noted. On to Lakeland - Kathleen game and the Dillard - Ely Games and the non-elite teams therein.

58 minutes ago, Legion37 said:

I did not miss your point. You think Florida football is not currently elite. And we need to ascribe to your definition of what an elite team is. 

And we should humbly sit with our tails between our legs and not schedule "elite" teams from another state and accept the situation as is.

Well your opinion has been noted. On to Lakeland - Kathleen game and the Dillard - Ely Games and the non-elite teams therein.

Just out of curiosity what is your definition of elite ? 

and as for our two rival games Lakeland vs Kathleen && Dillard vs ely here’s to a PERFECT season for us both hopefully.

Just now, Legion37 said:

I think they're elite  ;)        

Certainly they are in Florida 7A and that is where they need to be superior in abilities. That said it is hard to win a title and so i will watch and see.

I agree the city is on fire about my panthers after so much history & tradition it’s been a long 18 years since we were elite and to have our first (9-0) record since 89 the same year we won states is just a amazing accomplishment in its own right. 

a chance to go undefeated for the first time in school history and the possibility to do it on. Your most hated rival on their home field in front of thousands because this will be the first time in a long time both teams come in with a winning record ely (7-1) Dillard (9-0) talk about a atmosphere next Saturday. I’m just so excited the Cory is hyped the players are believing & were just taking it 1 game at a time overlooking no one. 

Legion37's definition works for me.  But, "elite" also is a relative term.  A team could be elite within their district or county, but not necessarily be elite within the state of Florida.  Other teams (IMG, STA, Lakeland, to name a few) are, in my opinion, elite Florida teams, but not necessarily elite national teams.  Not that they couldn't beat 95% of the other high school football teams in the country; but there are probably a select group of teams (Mater Dei and SFA for example) that would beat the best teams in Florida nine times out of ten. 

Also, "elite" is relative to a particular team in a particular year.  A team might be elite in 2019, even though they weren't elite in 2018.  Or vice versa.   But you can also use the term to describe 'programs.'   Teams that are in the Top 10  year in and year out for a given geographic area (county, state or country) are, in my view, elite programs.   But even elite programs can have an occasional off year as long as they rebound the following year. 

Last point, for the most part, placing the tag of "elite" on a high school football team or program is simply a matter of opinion for the person doing the tagging.  And one person's opinion doesn't make a team elite; it just states that one person's opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Legion37's definition works for me.  But, "elite" also is a relative term.  A team could be elite within their district or county, but not necessarily be elite within the state of Florida.  Other teams (IMG, STA, Lakeland, to name a few) are, in my opinion, elite Florida teams, but not necessarily elite national teams.  Not that they couldn't beat 95% of the other high school football teams in the country; but there are probably a select group of teams (Mater Dei and SFA for example) that would beat the best teams in Florida nine times out of ten. 

Also, "elite" is relative to a particular team in a particular year.  A team might be elite in 2019, even though they weren't elite in 2018.  Or vice versa.   But you can also use the term to describe 'programs.'   Teams that are in the Top 10  year in and year out for a given geographic area (county, state or country) are, in my view, elite programs.   But even elite programs can have an occasional off year as long as they rebound the following year. 

Last point, for the most part, placing the tag of "elite" on a high school football team or program is simply a matter of opinion for the person doing the tagging.  And one person's opinion doesn't make a team elite; it just states that one person's opinion. 

Agreed & well put.

May I jump in here a moment? I think the question might be more apropos if we ask how do Florida teams in the aggregate stack up against other state's teams in the aggregate? Are our 600 or so HS Football Teams combined equal to or better than any other state's teams combined. Possibly a single elite team from California may be able to defeat our best team. But, can all of their teams, on any given Friday defeat all of our teams? I would be willing to bet that if all of our teams played all of another states teams that Florida would be winning percentage wise and may be the most prolific HS football state in the country. I just feel that Florida HS players, in general, are more talented, have better overall speed, and play with more abandon than most teams from out of state. Food for thought. B)

21 minutes ago, badbird said:

Are the Miami Dolphins elite?  They would beat 99% of the football teams

Yes, they are . . . just not in the league in which they currently play.  B)

Kind of reminds me of fans that look at a NFL, MLB or NBA player who has a bad game and say "that guys sucks."  Even the worst of those players are still better than 99% of all the people who have tried to play that particular sport and better than 99.999% of the general population.