6A Gaither now 9-0 -- Hosts Armwood next week

Vaquero

Thanks bro. Armwood i dont think has anything to gain from a win against us as Lakeland has that 1 spot locked up...but they sure as hell aint gonna come in half stepping. We also dont really have anything to gain from a playoffs stand point (i dont think) other than bragging rights of knocking them off. In regional play is it seed then RPI? 

8 minutes ago, Vaquero said:

Thanks bro. Armwood i dont think has anything to gain from a win against us as Lakeland has that 1 spot locked up...but they sure as hell aint gonna come in half stepping. We also dont really have anything to gain from a playoffs stand point (i dont think) other than bragging rights of knocking them off. In regional play is it seed then RPI? 

What do you guys playoff path looks like ?? && they may have nothing to technically play for but to say they kept you guys from going (10-0) will b a huge feat and a energy booster going into the playoffs 

Seems just bragging rights at this point for both of us. I have Gaither winning Region 2. We'll have home field throughout. Im thinking we'll face Columbia or Mainland in the region finals. 

This was the RPI before tonight

Class 6A
Region 2 RPI
1 Gaither .689 (won)
2 Springstead .653 (lost)
3 Largo .652 (lost)
4 Boca .575 (lost)
5 Clearwater .643 (won)
6 Dixie .575 (won)
7 Lake Minneola .567 (won)
8 Countryside .520 (won)

3 hours ago, Vaquero said:

I'm not sure Lakeland has the #1 seed locked up at all. Armwood could still get it as the value of Lakeland's win over Kathleen is worth almost zilch.  They were separated by 7.20 vs 7.19. Being undefeated should carry more weight than it does but an Armwood win over an undefeated Gaither may do the trick for Armwood.

Now if you guys can beat them..............

24 minutes ago, Legion37 said:

I'm not sure Lakeland has the #1 seed locked up at all. Armwood could still get it as the value of Lakeland's win over Kathleen is worth almost zilch.  They were separated by 7.20 vs 7.19. Being undefeated should carry more weight than it does but an Armwood win over an undefeated Gaither may do the trick for Armwood.

What’s Armwood record ?? There still 7A??

33 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Armwood has one loss to North Gwinett in overtime up in Georgia. Yes, they are 7A this year. They would play Lakeland in the Regional final, I believe. 

And we will play them wherever that final is, it does not matter, home, away, neutral or in the lot behind Publix. 

But first things first, see who does come to Lakeland for round 1. Worry about where round 2 is when they get there.

6 hours ago, Legion37 said:

Guess i just assumed they had it locked up. Didn't realize it was that close! 

11 hours ago, Vaquero said:

Seems just bragging rights at this point for both of us. I have Gaither winning Region 2. We'll have home field throughout. Im thinking we'll face Columbia or Mainland in the region finals. 

This was the RPI before tonight

Class 6A
Region 2 RPI
1 Gaither .689 (won)
2 Springstead .653 (lost)
3 Largo .652 (lost)
4 Boca .575 (lost)
5 Clearwater .643 (won)
6 Dixie .575 (won)
7 Lake Minneola .567 (won)
8 Countryside .520 (won)

that region is soft as cotton. If Gaither doesn't get through that I'd be shocked

For Gaither, this might be a good test for two reasons: 

First, there's a good chance that they may have to play from behind some, if not a good portion, of this game, something they haven't really been forced to do this season.  This game could be a good test for how Gaither responds to adversity as a team.  Again, to their credit, they haven't had to do that much this year.  Gaither will need to avoid the "stupid penalties" like late hits and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  They can't afford to give a good team like Armwood free first downs and extra plays. 

Second, the Cowboys haven't seen the kind of team speed that Armwood has, but likely will see some of it in the playoffs, depending on how deep their run is. 

The key to the game for me is Gaither keeping the game close (and possibly pulling out a win), without getting banged up and losing one or two of their key skill players. 

If Gaither doesn’t at minimum keep the game close all 4 quarters then you know they were a fraud with an easy schedule. 

Hillsborough is having a historically bad year with Armwood being the only one who can sniff a playoff run. And they had a eye popping terrible loss to an inferior team. 

Gaither needs to make a statement that there is at least 2 teams that can make a run. 

7 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

If Gaither doesn’t at minimum keep the game close all 4 quarters then you know they were a fraud with an easy schedule. 

Hillsborough is having a historically bad year with Armwood being the only one who can sniff a playoff run. And they had a eye popping terrible loss to an inferior team. 

Gaither needs to make a statement that there is at least 2 teams that can make a run. 

While I see your point, I could also see Steinbrenner making a little noise in the playoffs this year.

Steinbrenner and Gaither haven’t played a team with a pulse all year. Weak schedule on a state level. At least Gaither gets to prove their worth. You won’t know anything about Steinbrenner until sometime in the playoffs. 

Is a team good if they have a weak schedule, get 2 softies in the playoffs then when they see their first real team get beat down? Finish 12-1. Is that really a good team? 

4 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Steinbrenner and Gaither haven’t played a team with a piles all year. Weak schedule on a state level. At least Gaither gets to prove their worth. You won’t know anything about Steinbrenner until sometime in the playoffs. 

Is a team good if they have a weak schedule, get 2 softies in the playoffs then when they see their first real team get beat down? Finish 12-1. Is that really a good team? 

I guess it depends on who they lose to.  From my standpoint, winning two playoff games and making it to the regional finals constitutes "making a little noise in the playoffs."  And whether 12-1 makes a team a "good team," it certainly means that the team had a good season. 

Btw, I'm not saying Steinbrenner will win the 8A championship.  I know they really haven't played any really good teams this year. But you can't really blame Steinbrenner for that.  They're playing the teams that the Hillsborough County AD's office put on their schedule and they've beaten them all.   

I'm just going off the eyeball test.  Granted, everything went their way when they played Plant (and Plant was without their head coach/offensive coordinator/play-caller for the first time in 15 years), but Steinbrenner has some weapons, especially on the offensive side of the ball.  I honestly don't know how the Warriors would stack up against Dr. Phillips or Sarasota Riverview because I haven't seen either of those two teams play this year, but I doubt I would bet against the Warriors. 

I guess it’s your “perspective” no pun intended. 

If they play 2 easy teams and then lose to a team like Dr Phillips or Riverview that to me says they weren’t very good to begin with. 

Teams with really easy schedules are hard to guage. You don’t know how to judge them. 

And 12-1 is a good season for most, but it doesn’t make a team good. There’s a distinction between the two 

58 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I guess it’s your “perspective” no pun intended. 

If they play 2 easy teams and then lose to a team like Dr Phillips or Riverview that to me says they weren’t very good to begin with. 

Teams with really easy schedules are hard to guage. You don’t know how to judge them. 

And 12-1 is a good season for most, but it doesn’t make a team good. There’s a distinction between the two 

By your estimation, how many "good" teams are there in the state?

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

I guess it depends on who they lose to.  From my standpoint, winning two playoff games and making it to the regional finals constitutes "making a little noise in the playoffs."  And whether 12-1 makes a team a "good team," it certainly means that the team had a good season. 

Btw, I'm not saying Steinbrenner will win the 8A championship.  I know they really haven't played any really good teams this year. But you can't really blame Steinbrenner for that.  They're playing the teams that the Hillsborough County AD's office put on their schedule and they've beaten them all.   

I'm just going off the eyeball test.  Granted, everything went their way when they played Plant (and Plant was without their head coach/offensive coordinator/play-caller for the first time in 15 years), but Steinbrenner has some weapons, especially on the offensive side of the ball.  I honestly don't know how the Warriors would stack up against Dr. Phillips or Sarasota Riverview because I haven't seen either of those two teams play this year, but I doubt I would bet against the Warriors. 

Hillsborough schools don't pick their schedule. We are currently the highest scoring team in the state of Florida and have had a half time running clock on 8 of our 9 opponents (averaging 43 first half points). Our defense is giving up 5.7 points per game, a good portion of that was on our 2's.

813 said previously our schedule was easy and we would get run over by Plant and Hillsborough. We didn't

As to how we will stack up against Sarasota and Dr. Phillips we will see if we get there...Both are great programs and we would love to get the shot to prove ourselves. Our last experience with each of them:

We went to Dr. Phillips in 2015 for our first playoff game and we had a halftime lead on them and were tied in the 4th before losing by 12, they lost in the 3rd round by 1 to state runner up Osceola. 

Sarasota beat us last year 14-7. We fumbled out of the end zone with 30 seconds left which would have tied the game... they went on to the final 4

We play who is on our schedule. Our team is bought in and playing great football. No clue how we will match up against whoever the playoffs bring us but we will be ready to go and excited for the battle. 

I do disagree with 813. a 12-1 team is a good team. Majority of playoff teams are good teams. Elite and good are different. 

Thanks for the respect perspective. You all may have a shot to sneak in for a Sarasota matchup. It is gonna be tight

For now... our focus is on Chamberlain. 

Good luck to all teams this week. 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Eye popping terrible loss to an inferior team? C'mon man! That lose was a 2OT road game at the #5 team in the state of Georgia. That's just a nonsense comment.

On 10/26/2019 at 12:55 AM, Vaquero said:

Armwood has county pride on the line they will play it for keeps for sure