PB Lakes @ PB Gardens

Columbus @ Atlantic

STA @ Western

Plantation @ Douglas

AH Delray @ Gulliver

S Dade @ Hialeah

15 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Slam dunk for Dillard!

Maybe but in games like this records go out the window ...thousands will b in attendance the bands will b lit ..both fan bases are tailgating all day plus a pep rally we both despise one another plus a lot of pride is gonna b on that field tonight elytrying to end their two game losing streak vs us & trying to keep us from making history on their home turf going (10-0) this game is gonna b crazy!!!

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Maybe but in games like this records go out the window ...thousands will b in attendance the bands will b lit ..both fan bases are tailgating all day plus a pep rally we both despise one another plus a lot of pride is gonna b on that field tonight elytrying to end their two game losing streak vs us & trying to keep us from making history on their home turf going (10-0) this game is gonna b crazy!!!

I know all of that. It is like Boone vs Edgewater here. But this year, I don't think Ely has the horses to hang with Dillard. It will probably be close for a quarter and then Dillard breaks the dam.

45 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How you forget about the biggest game possibly in the state happening next Saturday the most heated & hated rival ..the mini classics 

(7-2) ely vs (9-0) Dillard 

I didn't forget.  Some guy I know got the Panthers so hyped up he got me convinced they gonna put a running clock on em.:rolleyes: 

39 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Panthers love those Ely Tigers!

gimme kiss

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I didn't forget.  Some guy I know got the Panthers so hyped up he got me convinced they gonna put a running clock on em.:rolleyes: 

Lol but in all seriousness tho you out of all people know how this Dillard vs ely rivalry is especially when both teams are good at the same time. 

dillard should very well win but you can’t tell me it’s not a game of the week type game in broward this week just off sheer history & atmosphere.

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol but in all seriousness tho you out of all people know how this Dillard vs ely rivalry is especially when both teams are good at the same time. 

dillard should very well win but you can’t tell me it’s not a game of the week type game in broward this week just off sheer history & atmosphere.

There are a number of rivalry games this week.  Am planning to do a separate post about them, and will include Dillard vs Ely in that one.

Anyway, the real Soul Bowl was last week.:P

14 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

There are a number of rivalry games this week.  Am planning to do a separate post about them, and will include Dillard vs Ely in that one.

Anyway, the real Soul Bowl was last week.:P

I’m not even fina go there with u Jackson vs mnw don’t have near the history as soul bowl do soul bowl go way back even before the 50s & before ely was shut down & reopen 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

U crazy as hell u must been under a deep deep ditch their bands sound terrible & only have 15 dang people in it smfh 

You better come to a dillard game & refresh yo memory

Their bands terrible including the west band that's funny. 15 people is even funnier although you're probably right regarding Jackson band.. soul bowl Dade county is nowhere what it use to be but neither is Broward soul bowl. There use to be a time Jackson vs the West put 30k easy into the orange bowl. This year Dillard vs Ely is the better soul bowl because of both team records. 

1 hour ago, topnotch305 said:

Their bands terrible including the west band that's funny. 15 people is even funnier although you're probably right regarding Jackson band.. soul bowl Dade county is nowhere what it use to be but neither is Broward soul bowl. There use to be a time Jackson vs the West put 30k easy into the orange bowl. This year Dillard vs Ely is the better soul bowl because of both team records. 

Bruhhh come on don’t cap compared to broward y’all bands are small y’all have more dancers then musicians ..the west may be the best band in dade but the sound compared to what I’m use to and what I hear in broward is terrible!! But if u use to the sound in dade u will think it’s normal lol 

Trinity Catholic is a much better team this season but Dunnellon will be one heck of a challenge if not nearly impossible. They are 8-1 in 5A having defeated both Vanguard and North Marion. They were down to Madison 35-8 at the half and came back with vengeance in the 3rd and 4th quarters to just lose 47-35. They are going to be a threat in 5A with their many athletes.

17 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I know all of that. It is like Boone vs Edgewater here. But this year, I don't think Ely has the horses to hang with Dillard. It will probably be close for a quarter and then Dillard breaks the dam.

I looked up Boone vs edge water & Dillard vs ely is NOTHING like that I thought I was watching a YEHAW rally (no offense) 

wanna know what Dillard vs ely is like lookup BETHUNE VS FAMU (classics) our game isn’t called the “mini classics for nothing” lol

I don't want to get off track and I don't want to open up a can of worms. But, to paraphrase the classic line from Blazing Saddles, "where all the white boys at?"     Seriously; I'm assuming both schools are integrated, right?  Do the white kids go to other schools?  Private instead of public?  Are there no white kids at either of these schools that play football?  Or do they just have to sit out the "Soul Bowl" game?    B)

OK, so maybe I am opening up a can of worms, but about half way through the highlights, it dawned upon me that I had not seen a white player on the field for either team.   Perhaps I've watched Remember the Titans one too many times, but I always felt athletics, and particularly football, provided kids of all races and socio-economic backgrounds the opportunity to get to know more about each other in ways that benefited everyone on and off the field.  Is this not happening any more?

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

I don't want to get off track and I don't want to open up a can of worms. But, to paraphrase the classic line from Blazing Saddles, "where all the white boys at?"     Seriously; I'm assuming both schools are integrated, right?  Do the white kids go to other schools?  Private instead of public?  Are there no white kids at either of these schools that play football?  Or do they just have to sit out the "Soul Bowl" game?    B)

OK, so maybe I am opening up a can of worms, but about half way through the highlights, it dawned upon me that I had not seen a white player on the field for either team.   Perhaps I've watched Remember the Titans one too many times, but I always felt athletics, and particularly football, provided kids of all races and socio-economic backgrounds the opportunity to get to know more about each other in ways that benefited everyone on and off the field.  Is this not happening any more?

Any thoughts?

You're only opening up a can of worms for some people. Most intelligent people probably feel that your question is 100% legitimate and needs an answer. Here is my take being "a white boy" (actually a 79 year old white man). This is a reality that I have come to terms with over the last few years. In certain sports, football, track, and basketball, blacks excel. They simply have better genetic tools to excel in these 3 sports in particular. However, in most other sports you will not find one black person or possibly only one or two. In competing for  positions on the team the coach has to play the best players that he has. If the black players are better at those positions so be it. Let the white players work harder to compete. It would be nice if all teams were comprised of both white and black players equally on the playing field itself instead of on the bench only. But then it may be unfair to marginalize players who were better at their positions than other players.

19 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Bruhhh come on don’t cap compared to broward y’all bands are small y’all have more dancers then musicians ..the west may be the best band in dade but the sound compared to what I’m use to and what I hear in broward is terrible!! But if u use to the sound in dade u will think it’s normal lol 

I'm not capping u said 15 members. Never said we were better i just said we have a big band more than 15 members. And constantly superior rated each year. Dancers? Yeah we got that on lock lol. 

19 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

When the last time u been to a Dade game?