You make the Call

LakelandGator

1 hour ago, LakelandGator said:

1. Let me walk back my comment a little because I'm not attacking you personally.

2. I just feel there has to be more accountability for the stripes. Yeah it's only a game but so much is invested by the players, coaches, schools, fans, etc. even at the HS level.

Do you get a chance to see Polk County games? I can't imagine many crews statewide as poor as the ones in my area. They really are that bad. I wish I had an answer to this problem.:(

https://twitter.com/CountyPolk

1. Thank you.

2. Yes, accountability is important, but also until the FHSAA figures out a way to pay officials a lot more then they are being paid now, this will continue to be a problem. A lot of good officials work on moving up to College Football, and once they get to that level, they usually leave High School Football behind. Once again, somebody has to officiate these games on Thursday and Friday nights, and the FHSAA has been conducting surveys for a few years now to figure out ways to recruit and retain high school officials.

3. No, I do not get a chance to see many Polk County games, and I really have no idea how good or bad the officiating is there.

11 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

1. Thank you.

2. Yes, accountability is important, but also until the FHSAA figures out a way to pay officials a lot more then they are being paid now, this will continue to be a problem. A lot of good officials work on moving up to College Football, and once they get to that level, they usually leave High School Football behind. Once again, somebody has to officiate these games on Thursday and Friday nights, and the FHSAA has been conducting surveys for a few years now to figure out ways to recruit and retain high school officials.

3. No, I do not get a chance to see many Polk County games, and I really have no idea how good or bad the officiating is there.

Now that we're more than two years down the road from it, can you acknowledge that a WR completing a pass to a left guard for a gain of around 30 yards should not have been allowed to stand? lol