Columbiafan top 50 FL rankings post week 10

DisabledAccount

1 Lakeland  7a (10-0)

2 St Thomas Aquinas  7a (8-0)

3 Armwood  7a (8-1)

4 Miami Washington  4a (7-2)

5 Miami Northwestern  5a (7-2)

6 Deerfield Beach  8a (6-3)

7 American Heritage Plantation  5a (8-1)

8 Edgewater  7a (8-1)

9 Gulliver Prep  4a (9-0)

10 Rockledge  5a (7-1)

11 Jones  5a (8-1)

12 Miami Palmetto  8a (8-1)

13 Bartram Trail  8a (9-0)

14 Sanford Seminole  8a (9-0)

15 Naples  6a (9-0)

16 Cardinal Gibbons  4a (7-2)

17 Chaminade Madonna  3a (7-2)

18 Atlantic Delray  7a (6-2)

19 Vero Beach  8a (8-0)

20 Miami Central  6a (7-3)

21 Palm Beach Lakes  7a (8-0)

22 Cocoa  4a (6-2)

23 Columbia  6a (7-2)

24 Dillard  6a (9-0)

25 Wakulla  5a (10-0)

26 Western  8a (7-1)

27 Apopka  8a (7-1)

28 Viera  7a (6-2)

29 Lakewood  4a (9-0)

30 Lake Wales  5a (9-0)

31 Escambia  6a (9-0)

32 Trinity Christian  3a (5-5)

33 Miami Carol City  4a (4-5)

34 Deland  8a (6-2)

35 Niceville  7a (10-0)

36 Osceola  8a (8-1)

37 University School  4a (7-2)

38 Sarasota Riverview  8a (7-2)

39 Plantation  7a (7-1)

40 Madison County  1a (7-2)

41 Lake Gibson  6a (9-0)

42 Dunnellon  5a (8-1)

43 Vanguard  5a (6-2)

44 Raines  5a (5-3)

45 Lincoln  7a (6-3)

46 Palmetto  6a (8-1)

47 Champagnat Catholic  2a (6-3)

48 Manatee  7a (5-4)

49 Clearwater Central Catholic  3a (6-3)

50 Gaither  6a (9-0)

Next (30) in no specific order

Mainland  6a (5-3)

Fleming Island  7a (8-0)

Oakleaf  8a (6-3)

Pine Forest  5a (6-2)

Pensacola Catholic  3a (9-0)

North Marion  5a (7-2)

Flagler Palm Coast  8a (7-2)

Ribault  5a (4-3)

Mandarin  8a (6-3)

Ponte Vedra  6a (7-1)

Venice  7a (5-4)

Dr Phillips  8a (7-2)

Jesuit  5a (7-2)

Steinbrenner  8a (9-0)

Victory Christian  2a (7-1)

Berkeley Prep  3a (7-1)

Treasure Coast  8a (7-1)

Wekiva  7a (6-2)

Port Charlotte  6a (8-1)

Bishop Moore  5a (7-3)

Miami Edison   3a (5-4)

Columbus  8a (5-4)

South Dade  8a (7-2)

Fort Myers  6a (7-2)

Cypress Lake  5a (8-2)

Cardinal Newman  3a (6-2)

American Heritage Delray  4a (5-4)

North Fort Myers  6a (7-2)

McArthur  7a (6-3)

Douglas  8a (8-0)

2 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

I'm looking forward to that possible Escambia vs Columbia playoff matchup. 

As of last week RPI format it would be a potential 3rd round matchup but would also involve Escambia needing to beat Daytona Mainland in round 2 first which could present a interesting roadblock

Far from a lock but I was there the last time Columbia played Escambia and while I'm not looking forward to another 8 hours on the road if that's what we have to do to get back to states so be it

I would sit in car and ride straight way from Lake City to Los Angeles if it meant us going to a state title game

16 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

So Vero beats Chaminade convincingly 21-0 two weeks ago but you put them ahead of Vero this week? Also Vero has 2 less losses and a head to head convincing win....I’m confused

Vero was ahead of Chaminade after beating them but just because a team wins head to head don't mean they stay ahead of them for rest of season, i use the approach that it's a week by week ranking so because of last week win over Miami Central (who was ranked 6th in FL) I had to boost them higher up the rankings 

I realized last year when I put too much focus on head to head wins over the course of the season it is impossible to rank that way across the board because many times team A will beat team B then lose to team C who will lose to team B

It creates a huge mess so starting this year I began looking at rankings on week to week basis so the more recent results hold the higher weight 

The only problem with that logic in this case is that Vero hasn’t lost to a team B or C and Chaminade lost a head to head matchup convincingly...it wasn’t competitive and Chaminade only got inside Veros 35 once and that was then end of the first half were they missed a long FG....and considering that this seems a down year for football across the state the 1 point OT win vs Treasure coast and the opening week 7-3 win over American Heritage are huge! With Chaminade stop the RB and hit the QB stop the offense

Maybe Miami Central was too high.  Vero should be ranked over Chaminade.  Anyone who has Vero lower than Chaminade is a dumb ass.   :D   Oh wait Columbiafan logic on rankings.  Chaminade played Miami Central who could play Columbia in the 6A title game so we will bump them way up.  Since we have to bump Miami Central up we have to bump Chaminade up.  

53 minutes ago, badbird said:

Maybe Miami Central was too high.  Vero should be ranked over Chaminade.  Anyone who has Vero lower than Chaminade is a dumb ass.   :D   Oh wait Columbiafan logic on rankings.  Chaminade played Miami Central who could play Columbia in the 6A title game so we will bump them way up.  Since we have to bump Miami Central up we have to bump Chaminade up.  

Still waiting on your poll *coughs lazy ass*

Or maybe because only other way was to go drop Miami Central out of top 25 which would be a huge WTF logic move

Let's see how Vero does against Viera let things work themselves out (kinda like what happened to Palmetto)

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Still waiting on your poll *coughs lazy ass*

Or maybe because only other way was to go drop Miami Central out of top 25 which would be a huge WTF logic move

Let's see how Vero does against Viera let things work themselves out (kinda like what happened to Palmetto)

Look I have no confidence in Vero and I’m sure they will choke in the playoffs but to currently have them below Chaminade is asinine.  Wait two weeks and then you can drop them below Chaminade :D

I didn’t even do a Central Florida poll this year.  Way too busy