Toughest State Title Loss Ever?

OldSchoolLion

46 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

You are getting old Prosteye, you need to see about the OTC retirement home. Maybe Kerwin Bell, and John Brantley's parents reside there, (if they are still with us.)

79 and still kicking it. Of course Bell is 25 years younger than I am and is the OC of the South Florida Bulls. John Brantley III is only 60 and, as far as I know, is still going strong. I still attend the Celtic's home games but no longer follow them out of town. Night driving out of town is somewhat of a challenge these days. Thanks for your concern. B)

On 10/31/2019 at 9:42 AM, A-Town 561 said:

I have a few games.

Glades Central's lost to Cocoa in 2010 was a heartbreaking defeat. The score was 13-14. A field goal would have put the Tigers away giving Glades Central its seventh state championship.

Madison County Loss to Glades Central in 1999 was another 33-28. Madison County was closing on the victory, but Glades Central scored on with a deep pass in the endzone with seconds left on the clock.

Clewiston's loss to Jacksonville Bolles is another in 2006. They lost in overtime 24-27. The reason why this was a heartbreaker because the Muck would have a clean sweep in the state championship with Glades Day, Pahokee, and Glades Central all won state championships. Clewiston would have had its first sole state championship.

That same year, Lakeland and St. Thomas Aquinas squared off in an exciting battle. Lakeland had an amazing lead, but Raiders came back strong forcing them into overtime. However, Lakeland walked away with the win.

Madison fan here.  I was at that game in 1999.  That was a complete heartbreaker for us.  Very exciting game!  Tough ride home!

23 hours ago, Proseteye said:

79 and still kicking it. Of course Bell is 25 years younger than I am and is the OC of the South Florida Bulls. John Brantley III is only 60 and, as far as I know, is still going strong. I still attend the Celtic's home games but no longer follow them out of town. Night driving out of town is somewhat of a challenge these days. Thanks for your concern. B)

No problem at all. People who wear shirts who have different color stripes care!