6 Teams Who May Feel Like They Got Screwed

OldSchoolLion

8A Oakleaf 7-3    Third place in district

8A Lake Brantley 7-3     Third place in district

7A Lakewood Ranch 6-3     Lost all 3 games to district foes

6A Fivay 7-3     District runner-up to Gaither

6A Sebastian River 6-3   District runner-up to Westwood

6A Norland 6-4   District runner-up to Miami Central; losses to Sough Dade, Central, IMG and St Frances (MD)

25 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

8A Oakleaf 7-3    Third place in district

8A Lake Brantley 7-3     Third place in district

7A Lakewood Ranch 6-3     Lost all 3 games to district foes

6A Fivay 7-3     District runner-up to Gaither

6A Sebastian River 6-3   District runner-up to Westwood

This is an interesting topic

Though i suggest maybe add teams who got in who probably should be switched out in their place if there is one so we can compare 

7 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

This is an interesting topic

Though i suggest maybe add teams who got in who probably should be switched out in their place if there is one so we can compare 

The most blatant example is probably Braden River making it in over Sebastian River.  

4 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

ok, i sent emails to Oakleaf, Lake Brantley, Lakewood Ranch, Fivay, and Sebastian River about playing in a bowl game

Sebastian River coach Tony Perry told TCPalm he was not interested in playing a bowl game this year (they beat John Carroll in a bowl game last season.)

6A Norland missed the playoffs at 6-4...lost to IMG, St Frances(MD), Miami Central and South Dade.  Holy cow, what a schedule.  They were district runner-up behind Central and only lost to South Dade by 3, so are a competitive team.  This might be the best example of a casualty of the "newer" systems in which district runners-up don't automatically make the playoffs.. 

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

6A Norland missed the playoffs at 6-4...lost to IMG, St Frances(MD), Miami Central and South Dade.  Holy cow, what a schedule.  They were district runner-up behind Central and only lost to South Dade by 3, so are a competitive team.  This might be the best example of a casualty of the "newer" systems in which district runners-up don't automatically make the playoffs.. 

I agree. Norland was the biggest casualty and should have been in the playoffs. IMG and St. Frances are top 10 teams NATIONALLY, and South Dade and Central are top 10 teams in their class. 

11 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

ok, i sent emails to Oakleaf, Lake Brantley, Lakewood Ranch, Fivay, and Sebastian River about playing in a bowl game

Great idea.  I have always believed in having more bowl game available for teams who don't make the playoffs, but have winning records. These games are a great way to have the seniors play together one more time, and let coaches get more practice time, and development for their underclassmen.