8A North Score Predictions (Thru the Final 4)

Pipe Dreams

8A North – Score Predictions      

Haven’t done this in a while… scores represent my overall assessment of the spread & over/under. Will be fun to see how right or wrong I am. Where do you agree/disagree?

Round 1

Region 1

Seminole 38, Mandarin 27

DeLand 21, Timber Creek 17

Apopka 21, Flagler Palm Coast 13

Bartram Trail 28, Spruce Creek 13

Region 2

Sarasota Riverview 35, Lake Nona 7

Steinbrenner 21, Newsome 20

Osceola 32, Riverview Riverview 14

Dr. Phillips 26, Lennard 10

-

Round 2

Seminole 28, DeLand 14

Apopka 21, Bartram Trail 20

Sarasota Riverview 27, Steinbrenner 17

Dr. Phillips 20, Osceola 17

Round 3

Seminole 27, Apopka 19

Dr. Phillips 24, Sarasota Riverview 23

Final Four

Seminole 30, Dr. Phillips 22

Darter... I'm just seeing it coming... Apopka is "not there", etc.... been high on you guys all year! It continues. BT has had some close calls this year. 

Side note: My favorite game (in general) is DP-APK. I worked for the City during my first internship in 2011 when the economy was crap (during the recession) so I've been rooting for APK ever since. I played in 6 DP-APK match ups myself thru Pop Warner & HS (went 1-5). Any way I'm hoping for a final four game this year!! Could happen. If so, dogs and burgs on me

8A – Predictions      Didn't do score predictions but added region 3 & 4 to the fun.

Round 1

Region 1

Seminole vs Mandarin 

DeLand vs Timber Creek 

Apopka vs Flagler Palm Coast 

Bartram Trail vs Spruce Creek 

Region 2

Sarasota Riverview vs Lake Nona 

Steinbrenner vs Newsome 

Osceola vs Riverview Riverview 

Dr. Phillips vs Lennard 

Region 3

Vero vs Boca Raton

Treasure coast vs Santaluces 

Deerfield Beach vs Palm Beach Gardens

Palm Beach Central vs Centennial

Region 4

Palmetto vs Taravella

Western vs South Dade

Stoneman Douglas vs Miami

Columbus vs Coral Gables

Round 2

Region 1

Seminole vs DeLand

Apopka vs Bartram Trail

Region 2

Sarasota Riverview vs Newsome 

Osceola vs Dr. Phillips

Region 3

Vero vs Treasure coast

Deerfield Beach vs Palm Beach Central

Region 4

Palmetto vs Western

Stoneman Douglas vs Columbus

Round 3

Region 1

Seminole vs Apopka

Region 2

Sarasota Riverview vs Osceola

Region 3

Treasure coast vs Deerfield Beach

Region 4

Palmetto vs Columbus

Final Four

Seminole vs Osceola

Deerfield Beach vs Palmetto

State

Osceola vs Palmetto

34 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Haven’t done this in a while… scores represent my overall assessment of the spread & over/under. Will be fun to see how right or wrong I am. Where do you agree/disagree?

Round 1

Region 1

Seminole 38, Mandarin 27

Region 2

-

Round 2

Seminole 28, DeLand 14

Round 3

Seminole 27, Apopka 19

Final Four

chances of you being 100% correct slim but I like most of your picks and scores.  The North has so much parity about 6-8 teams could make it out of this bracket.

17 minutes ago, badbird said:

chances of you being 100% correct slim but I like most of your picks and scores.  The North has so much parity about 6-8 teams could make it out of this bracket.

Thanks, I agree.

That's what has me so interested in 8A as a whole, all of the regions are up for grabs....

54 minutes ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Darter... I'm just seeing it coming... Apopka is "not there", etc.... been high on you guys all year! It continues. BT has had some close calls this year. 

Side note: My favorite game (in general) is DP-APK. I worked for the City during my first internship in 2011 when the economy was crap (during the recession) so I've been rooting for APK ever since. I played in 6 DP-APK match ups myself thru Pop Warner & HS (went 1-5). Any way I'm hoping for a final four game this year!! Could happen. If so, dogs and burgs on me

It could happen if Apopka's defense can hold teams to 10 points or less in the playoffs. To be honest, the offense has looked better since Spivey was moved from the D line to running back. He is tough to bring down. It also helps that Sibley, who came back from Oakridge for his senior season, has improved each game since getting the start due to injuries. Even so, though, I can't see Apopka scoring more than 21 a game on average against good playoff teams and that may be pushing it. So, the D will have to keep up its stellar play if we are to have a chance. 

And, if it does happen, I am gonna hold you to the dogs and burgers promise. 

20 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Round 1

Region 1

Seminole 38, Mandarin 27

Region 2

-

Round 2

Seminole 28, DeLand 14

Round 3

Seminole 27, Apopka 19

Final Four

A 40 piece on Mandarin????   I think that was the thought last year vs winter park also.  

Re: Mandarin-Seminole

Any time I see an elite QB vs a highly-ranked team, I usually push the over/under up. Beck could make some huge plays and turn it into a shootout. 

38 is nothing for this Seminole offense, especially if they are forced to score and air it out. 

Post your predictions Stangs. No one respects a critic without substance. I put it out there for the clout. 

While guessing scores can be fun, it is damn near impossible to do accurately...unless you have a private helicopter to go check out every team with your own eyes.  Comparing scores between teams A, B, C etc. doesn't work either.  It is all about match ups, which is almost impossible to know until the teams kick the ball off.  So, what happens will happen.  I have noticed one trend over the last several years which leads me to the conclusion of having zero confidence in any 8A school along the I-4 corridor unless they are named Apopka or Dr. Phillips.  Those two have been consistent.  The rest have not been, other than some spotty success of going more than a game or two deep here and there.  There have been many early flameouts of teams people thought would make a deep run.  None of the teams this year are dominant and they can all be had..and that goes for the entire class.  It would not shock me one bit to see two 3 or lower seeds make it to Daytona.

Weather will be an issue as well this Friday, especially up here where one of the games is taking place.  Nor'easter conditions with gusty 20 to 30 mph winds and rain is the current forecast.  Seems to be more of a rain event further south.  Have to factor that in too.  The last time I checked no one plays in a dome.  Just my .02 cents.

9 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

8A is one of the tougher classes to project IMO. Going through the bracket, there are a lot of coin flip games. 

Exactly.  I wouldn't be shocked if any of the lower seeds won this Friday, although I think FPC may have a more difficult time with Apopka than the other three will have with their opponents.  We will soon find out.

13 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Re: Mandarin-Seminole

Any time I see an elite QB vs a highly-ranked team, I usually push the over/under up. Beck could make some huge plays and turn it into a shootout. 

38 is nothing for this Seminole offense, especially if they are forced to score and air it out. 

Post your predictions Stangs. No one respects a critic without substance. I put it out there for the clout. 

Fair enough.   Give me Mandarin  30-24.  My son was speechless when u said his d was about to get run off the field with 38.  If Mandarin couldn't score maybe but i think they will chew up some clock in this one as well.

On 11/3/2019 at 7:59 PM, ohs vargas said:

8A – Predictions      Didn't do score predictions but added region 3 & 4 to the fun.

Round 1

Region 1

Seminole vs Mandarin 

DeLand vs Timber Creek 

Apopka vs Flagler Palm Coast 

Bartram Trail vs Spruce Creek 

Region 2

Sarasota Riverview vs Lake Nona 

Steinbrenner vs Newsome 

Osceola vs Riverview Riverview 

Dr. Phillips vs Lennard 

Region 3

Vero vs Boca Raton

Treasure coast vs Santaluces 

Deerfield Beach vs Palm Beach Gardens

Palm Beach Central vs Centennial

Region 4

Palmetto vs Taravella

Western vs South Dade

Stoneman Douglas vs Miami

Columbus vs Coral Gables

Round 2

Region 1

Seminole vs DeLand

Apopka vs Bartram Trail

Region 2

Sarasota Riverview vs Newsome 

Osceola vs Dr. Phillips

Region 3

Vero vs Treasure coast

Deerfield Beach vs Palm Beach Central

Region 4

Palmetto vs Western

Stoneman Douglas vs Columbus

Round 3

Region 1

Seminole vs Apopka

Region 2

Sarasota Riverview vs Osceola

Region 3

Treasure coast vs Deerfield Beach

Region 4

Palmetto vs Columbus

Final Four

Seminole vs Osceola

Deerfield Beach vs Palmetto

State

Osceola vs Palmetto

While we talking 8a I'll throw my picks for 8a out there too

8A

Region 1

1 seed Seminole (Sanford) vs 8 seed Mandarin

4 seed Timber Creek vs 5 seed Deland               

3 seed Apopka vs 6 seed Flagler Palm Coast               

2 seed Bartram Trail vs 7 seed Spruce Creek

Region 2

1 seed Riverview (Sarasota) vs 8 seed Lake Nona               

4 seed Steinbrenner vs 5 seed Newsome               

3 seed Osceola (Kissimmee) vs 6 seed Riverview (Riverview)               

2 seed Dr. Phillips vs 7 seed Lennard

Region 3

1 seed Vero Beach vs 8 seed Boca Raton

4 seed Santaluces vs 5 seed Treasure Coast               

3 seed Deerfield Beach vs 6 seed Palm Beach Gardens               

2 seed Palm Beach Central vs 7 seed Centennial

Region 4

1 seed Miami Palmetto vs 8 seed Taravella                   

4 seed Western vs 5 seed South Dade               

3 seed Douglas vs 6 seed Miami High           

2 seed Columbus vs 7 seed Coral Gables

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

Apopka will beat Flagler Palm Coast, probably easily, then most likely lose to Bartram Trail at their place. The running game and stifling defense will be too much for FPC. 

They may very well beat FPC

But I learned last year that 8a always seems to have upsets that involve higher seeds losing to wild cards, this was more of me feeling of the matchups this one seemed like most likely one to get a upset that may surprise people

36 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Apopka will beat Flagler Palm Coast, probably easily, then most likely lose to Bartram Trail at their place. The running game and stifling defense will be too much for FPC. 

FPC has only given up 14 points a game.  I see this as a low scoring game.  If the Darters turn it over a few times they could easily lose.  FPC will struggle to score.  I like Apopka 17-7

46 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Not sold on Bartram.  Have seen them several times.  Solid team and that is about it.  If it gets to that point the Apopka ground game will give them fits.

24 minutes ago, shredstar said:

Not sold on Bartram.  Have seen them several times.  Solid team and that is about it.  If it gets to that point the Apopka ground game will give them fits.

How is Bartram's QB? If he has a good to very good arm and some mobility, Bartram's offense would probably be good for 21 against Apopka. That would probably be enough to secure a home victory. 

But first, got to get through FPC. Somehow, I am not too worried about that game, though. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

How is Bartram's QB? If he has a good to very good arm and some mobility, Bartram's offense would probably be good for 21 against Apopka. That would probably be enough to secure a home victory. 

But first, got to get through FPC. Somehow, I am not too worried about that game, though. 

He is more fundamentally good than being an overall elite qb in the traditional sense. Bartram is coached well and makes few mistakes.   I wish Mandarin could have faced them late in the year vs early.  Too inexperienced at the time with 18 new starters. Different team now.  Peaking at the right time again. 

1 hour ago, Stangs1 said:

He is more fundamentally good than being an overall elite qb in the traditional sense. Bartram is coached well and makes few mistakes.   I wish Mandarin could have faced them late in the year vs early.  Too inexperienced at the time with 18 new starters. Different team now.  Peaking at the right time again. 

After STA they beat Oakleaf by 1 a 3-5 Sandalwood in OT a 3-7 Ed White team by 3 and Fletcher by 6.  How is that peaking?  I guess it’s better than losing but the scores haven’t been impressive.