8A North Score Predictions (Thru the Final 4)

Pipe Dreams

This is why u have to watch the games.  Sandalwood is a very good offense.  We gave up a punt return. And carson fumbled in the endzone and they fell on it.  Defense only gave up 14.  Ed white was a flat game.  Happens to high schoolers.  Was blowing out oakleaf 28-7 and d coordinator went into a prevent style.  Should have been a blow out. Fletcher has a potent offense which features a 2000 yard rb.  Nobody stopped their offense once they hit there stride 6 weeks ago.  Oakleaf, sandalwood,  and fletcher would beat many of the teams in. Mid florida.   But like last year.  We were picked to lose every playoff game because people dont realized how good the teams are we are beating.   Regardless of record.    Guess we have to prove it again.  Blowing out bad teams like some teams are doing should not be your basis on if a team is a good team or not and hitting their stride.  Sandalwood is loaded.  Alabama commit, two fsu commit.  Oakleaf  2 Miami  commits.  Fletcher has sec olinemen.  Rb will go where he wants.  Penn st franklin was at the game looking at fletcher guys also. Dont get caught up in records. 

Mandarin final 3 games of regular season last year. 34-33 win over spruce. 39-34 win over flagler palmcoast.  Loss. 27-20 to fletcher.   Would u say that is about the same thing as this year?  Do u not think we hit our stride last year?  Can't be concerned with blowouts.  Have to be concerned with learning how to win when things are not going perfect imo. Especially when u have an inexperienced team.

14 hours ago, Stangs1 said:

Mandarin final 3 games of regular season last year. 34-33 win over spruce. 39-34 win over flagler palmcoast.  Loss. 27-20 to fletcher.   Would u say that is about the same thing as this year?  Do u not think we hit our stride last year?  Can't be concerned with blowouts.  Have to be concerned with learning how to win when things are not going perfect imo. Especially when u have an inexperienced team.

you hit your stride in the playoffs.  Maybe Mandarins stride is barely win.  It worked last year and you got hot at the right time.  Mandarin is just as capable of making a run this year.  

39 minutes ago, badbird said:

you hit your stride in the playoffs.  Maybe Mandarins stride is barely win.  It worked last year and you got hot at the right time.  Mandarin is just as capable of making a run this year.  

For me i just want my team tested.  Otherwise when u get hit in the mouth in the playoffs after whipping everyone,  u may or may not be able to respond.  We ran into that last year against some favorites we played.  In fairness,  this is a 80% different starting lineup. Most got no pt last year so i have no idea how they will respond under the bright lights.   Strength are the returners on defense which are the 4 LB/rovers.  Really good.  D line thin. Cbs young.  Oline playing better but inexperienced also.  Power back out with concussion i found out. Carson locked in last 4 games.  So it is a guessing game for me. I think it will be a good game though. 

23 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

How is Bartram's QB? If he has a good to very good arm and some mobility, Bartram's offense would probably be good for 21 against Apopka. That would probably be enough to secure a home victory. 

But first, got to get through FPC. Somehow, I am not too worried about that game, though. 

Apparently, Pinkos has Apopka bouncing BT.  Not sure if that is a good thing or a jinx.  Reality is Bartram can be had.  They shouldn't even be undefeated.  They beat PV on a fluke play at the end of the game after getting outplayed for 59:45 and St. Augustine ran them up and down the field.  Karma will eventually get them.

2 hours ago, shredstar said:

Apparently, Pinkos has Apopka bouncing BT.  Not sure if that is a good thing or a jinx.  Reality is Bartram can be had.  They shouldn't even be undefeated.  They beat PV on a fluke play at the end of the game after getting outplayed for 59:45 and St. Augustine ran them up and down the field.  Karma will eventually get them.

Yeah, I was not going to mention it, but Pinkos has Apopka winning 8A. I am guessing he has not seen the Darters live or on film this year. Hope he is not jinxing the team. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Yeah, I was not going to mention it, but Pinkos has Apopka winning 8A. I am guessing he has not seen the Darters live or on film this year. Hope he is not jinxing the team. 

Apopka may win this Friday, but I don't think they will beat Seminole (Sanford).

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It's a match up between two good Quarterbacks. I think this will be a high scoring game. I am inclined to give the edge to Seminole at home but remember that Mandarin did very well on the road last year. 

Should be good.  I know nothing about Seminole other than what my son is watching on film.  Playing oakleaf and sandalwood can help since those teams have super fast qbs with big arms like Seminole has.  All i see is Seminole running every team off the field.  Scary fast.....like we were last year. 

1 minute ago, Stangs1 said:

Should be good.  I know nothing about Seminole other than what my son is watching on film.  Playing oakleaf and sandalwood can help since those teams have super fast qbs with big arms like Seminole has.  All i see is Seminole running every team off the field.  Scary fast.....like we were last year. 

Seminole has some good athletes. They were very young two years ago when they took a sophomore laden team to the playoff, losing in the first round to Apopka. Last year they disappointed, but seem to be realizing their promise this year. If Mandarin beats them, then in the first round you will have gotten rid of a major obstacle.