Who Are The Lely Trojans out Naples???

THIS_IS_DILLARD

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Alright FLHSF I know we don’t usually have much to talk about but I need y’all insight on this one. 

Who are the Lely Trojans their 6-4 & out of Naples and haven’t made the playoffs since 2014 we have never played em and haven’t heard of em ever until about 3 weeks ago.

Should be an easy win for Dillard. They are the other significant public high school in Naples (Naples High is the one with State titles). With a 6-4 record, I can't imagine they will be competition for an obviously strong Dillard team.

Running clock for Dillard.  Lely had some nice teams in the late 80's and made the state championship game in '87.  Then the power shifted to Barron Collier in the early 90's.  When coach Kramer arrived in '99 at Naples High, it's been all Golden Eagles and Immokalee coming out of Collier County.  

2 hours ago, Wavebb said:

Running clock for Dillard.  Lely had some nice teams in the late 80's and made the state championship game in '87.  Then the power shifted to Barron Collier in the early 90's.  When coach Kramer arrived in '99 at Naples High, it's been all Golden Eagles and Immokalee coming out of Collier County.  

Interesting ... do they travel well ?  It’s their first time in the playoffs since 2014 I assume their fan base just be excited.

2 minutes ago, Wavebb said:

I wouldn't think so.  Doubt you'll have much of a crowd cross the Alley lol.  Good luck and hope to see you in Lauderdale the next week.

Lol what team do you follow ...& we host ATLEAST the first two playoff games & if Miami central beat Naples in round 2 and we advance we will host all the way up until the state semis 

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Ohhhhhhh ok our potential next opponent if both teams advances ...dope I was just looking them up yesterday after doing a run down on our potiental opponents In the next weeks after Lely. 

green waves have a nice stadium to.

They do. Have hung out with Wave at several of the state title games over the past 10 years. 

I'm Fort Myers High... went to school there long before you were born.  Our county has built so many schools it caused our talent pool to drop.  In '92 we had the # 1 ranked player in the nation and our team was ranked # 6 by USA today.  Ended up getting beat by STA two years in a row in the semis.  Never been to a state final.  '98-'02 always a top tier team with 32 straight regular season wins until Naples beat us down there.  We can't claim to use the new term " elite " unless we're talking about girls basketball lol.. 3 straight state championships until your Panthers beat us in Lakeland last season.  FM has the fourth most wins in football in the state.  We are in our 100th season.. kinda cool.   

2 minutes ago, Wavebb said:

I'm Fort Myers High... went to school there long before you were born.  Our county has built so many schools it caused our talent pool to drop.  In '92 we had the # 1 ranked player in the nation and our team was ranked # 6 by USA today.  Ended up getting beat by STA two years in a row in the semis.  Never been to a state final.  '98-'02 always a top tier team with 32 straight regular season wins until Naples beat us down there.  We can't claim to use the new term " elite " unless we're talking about girls basketball lol.. 3 straight state championships until your Panthers beat us in Lakeland last season.  FM has the fourth most wins in football in the state.  We are in our 100th season.. kinda cool.   

Awesome!!! You guys have a lot of upside as a school I see ...how do you feel about your first round matchup ? 

We started the season 1-2 with 3 of our best players out.  We played North Fort Myers ( my buddy Deion's old school ) at full strength in week 4 and won 48-3.  We play them this week. You never know.  But if we win, the Wave will be at Dillard the following week, which I think is cool.  

1 minute ago, Wavebb said:

We started the season 1-2 with 3 of our best players out.  We played North Fort Myers ( my buddy Deion's old school ) at full strength in week 4 and won 48-3.  We play them this week. You never know.  But if we win, the Wave will be at Dillard the following week, which I think is cool.  

Dillard has one of those old school, goal posts. At least they did three years ago when I saw a game there. 

8 minutes ago, Wavebb said:

Do you guys travel well? & what’s interesting about these playoffs for my panthers ..we are playing schools we have NEVER played for the past 5+ years our first round matchups have been from down south. 

a first that we’re playing north now so I’m excited to see some brand new teams.

8 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Dillard has one of those old school, goal posts. At least they did three years ago when I saw a game there. 

Lol yea our stadium has that raunchy 90s back yard brawl type atmosphere lol. 

it’s crazy cuz if they wanted to Dillard stadium can be huge idk if u noticed but Dillard has a huge lake behind the home bleachers if Dillard dried that up pushed the home side back make it even bigger & etc Dillard could have one of the best stadiums in Florida.

12 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol yea our stadium has that raunchy 90s back yard brawl type atmosphere lol. 

it’s crazy cuz if they wanted to Dillard stadium can be huge idk if u noticed but Dillard has a huge lake behind the home bleachers if Dillard dried that up pushed the home side back make it even bigger & etc Dillard could have one of the best stadiums in Florida.

Which is crazy bro because if your gonna be giving true rankings and predictions and etc you got to view every team and not just only the teams you view as faves because of history or cuz name and even when they fall or dont live up to the hype u still stick to the script.

Dillard is a CLEAR TOP 3 TEAM IN ALL OF 6A top 2 in the south reigon and out of ALL the shows and rankings and podcast josh and his colleauges have done not one time dillard was mentioned.

I get it if not early in the season but we are now at the end and all weve done is gone (10-0) in dominating fashion.but aye we will just keep winning and taking it one game at a time. Keep disrespecting us were thriving off it.