8a Region 3 Interesting

Mashburns

8a Region 3 is interesting because we have two programs that is always loaded in talent but can not find a way out of 3rd round if they make it that far. Vero Beach and Deerfield are so similar in their postseason success/failure so it will be interesting to see which one of these programs can make it out a pretty good region. Round 1 I have Treasure Coast by 3 touchdowns over Santaluces: I have Centennial Over Palm Beach Central by 10: I have Deerfield by 35 over Palm Beach Gardens: And Vero 21 over Boca.

Round 2

Treasure Coast Over Vero by 3 

Deerfield Over Centennial by 14

Round 3 

Treasure Coast Over Deerfield by 10    

I think you 

29 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

That Vero and TC game can swing either way but with the weather getting a little cooler and rainy I will have to take TC against he field because of what they do offensively. Will love for a Deerfield and Vero match-up though I think that game will be full of Division 1 Talent.

I think you are underestimating Veros home field advantage...Deerfield should be the biggest threat to Vero in the region....been a while since I’ve not worried about the weather and wind speed on Vero game nights..the run game is a blessing 

My point TC players and staff is familiar with the Citrus Bowl and the atmosphere and this is not the first time Vero have had home field in the post season I will argue they pretty much have had home games in the post season every year for about 30 years and find a way not to come out 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounds.   

2 hours ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

I think you 

I think you are underestimating Veros home field advantage...Deerfield should be the biggest threat to Vero in the region....been a while since I’ve not worried about the weather and wind speed on Vero game nights..the run game is a blessing 

Lets let the teams get past Boca Raton and Santaluces first, but it’s tough to beat a team twice in one year, Vero was lucky to do it the first time. Vero appears to be more balanced offensively than when they played the first time, however. Hopefully Vero’s run game will be at full strength the whole game this time around (McMillan was gimpy the whole game, and Meizinger didn’t play most of the 2nd half.)  

Treasure Coast won’t be affected by the change in venue, all those kids and coaches have played in the citrus bowl many times. TC will be fired up for this game for sure. I know the regular season loss left a sour taste in their mouths as they felt they were denied a timeout on Vero’s tying touchdown during regulation when TC’s Coach Jones was 15 yards into the field of play screaming for one and the refs say they never saw or heard him. 

18 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

The biggest thing though is can TC have another game with zero turnovers and less than 5 penalties...I mean they played an amazing game other than not kicking extra points...I actually feel like Jankowski has evolved the last few starts and his confidence is looking up going into the playoffs

QB Jankowski's confidence has improved greatly the last three games along with the offensive line. The big difference is going to be coaching, and I believe that Vero will win that category over Treasure Coast. Coach Jankowski has learned how to get the ball into Dawson and Woulard's hands more often along with having two great running backs. Vero has the talent to go all the way.

14 minutes ago, roygod said:

As a Vero fan, I keep looking past the Boca-Vero game, but it just dawned on me that Boca beat Vero in this years spring game 14-10 which means Vero will have to prepare for Boca a little better.

That was Boca before alot of their playmakers transferred out (Deerfield Beach, AHD, Champagnat, etc...)