2019 6A playoffs ...”Name Your Top 5” And Who Do You Like To Advance

THIS_IS_DILLARD

The playoffs are Here!! & we have a lot of good teams & a lot of great possible matchups. You have some faves & some sleepers. My top 5 in 6A Will be. 

#1 Miami Central (7-3) Yes They Lost big to Chaminade but that’s why it’s any given night in football but make NO mistake the rockets are Still a Force to be reckoned With and will be ready for these playoffs.

#2. Dillard (10-0) The Panthers just completes their first (10-0) season since 2000 also the last year they went to state; the panthers blasted their most hated rival Ely (7-3) 60-14 this Past Saturday & looked more then ready to make a huge run in the playoffs while doing so. Granted Dillard didn’t face a Murders Row Schedule in 2019 but this team BELIEVES, they Are BIG & They are FORREAL. 

#3 Escambia (10-0) The Gators are undefeated and look to make a run in 6A north.

#4 Gaither (9-1) the cowboys have looked real solid this year with their only lost coming at home to a very good armwood team in a defensive slugfest. 

#5 palmetto (9-1) the tigers finished the season 9-1 but their 1 lost brings questions as it came at the hands of  (7-3) Lincoln who is a above avg team but a game palmetto should have most def won. 

#Dark Horses 

Naples

Ft Myers 

columbia 

lake Gibson 

lee 

Feel free tho to drop your list; and let’s compare & discuss about it the list above is just my opinion. @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @DarterBlue2 @MC Rockets @Wavebb

My money is on Escambia representing the north.  Not because they are a superteam or have the second coming of Emmitt Smith.  But more because I-10 is a loooooong road and that drive from Jax to P-Cola will suck the life out of you.  They are the top seed in the north and everyone has to go there.  Travel will definitely be a factor.

1 minute ago, shredstar said:

My money is on Escambia representing the north.  Not because they are a superteam or have the second coming of Emmitt Smith.  But more because I-10 is a loooooong road and that drive from Jax to P-Cola will suck the life out of you.  They are the top seed in the north and everyone has to go there.  Travel will definitely be a factor.

That’s like a 8 9 hour drive right 

17 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Good list. I would be inclined to move Naples into the top 5 at the expense of Palmetto. If it were early season, Columbia would be there as well, but they are not playing very well as we enter the playoffs and need guys to get healthy or need to find some other players to fill the holes on defense. 

I was thinking about Naples being put up but I think their playoffs are gonna b short lived simply because of their playoff bracket 

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I was thinking about Naples being put up but I think their playoffs are gonna b short lived simply because of their playoff bracket 

It is possible they upset the Rockets who have to travel to their house. Several years ago, another Dade team traveled to them and got eliminated in what was considered an upset. If this were a normal year for Central, I would not expect this to happen. But they have been up and down this year and I am not certain what to think of their chances. 

1 minute ago, shredstar said:

From here it is about 5 1/2 hours.  But if they advance then someone from Central Florida will have to also go there and then you are looking at 8 to 9 hours.....and that is 8 or 9 hours of rural country.  Just brutal. 

Sheessshhh...i would love to see u guys vs columbia or us in the finals.

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It is possible they upset the Rockets who have to travel to their house. Several years ago, another Dade team traveled to them and got eliminated in what was considered an upset. If this were a normal year for Central, I would not expect this to happen. But they have been up and down this year and I am not certain what to think of their chances. 

Your right & if they do ...that naples vs dillard matchup is gonna b insane for the right to advance to the state semis.

Just now, Wavebb said:

Doubt the band would travel to Lauderdale, not sure tho.  

Why not ? Lol its the playoffs there is no guranteed next week ...but i feel ys bro heres to a great week of first round playoffs & may the best teams advance.

If both our teams advance to face 1 another i look forward to linkin up with u before the game 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Good list. I would be inclined to move Naples into the top 5 at the expense of Palmetto. If it were early season, Columbia would be there as well, but they are not playing very well as we enter the playoffs and need guys to get healthy or need to find some other players to fill the holes on defense. 

Did that lose to Lincoln kill your confidence in Palmetto?

Hey @Joshua Wilson I first want to thank you for all that you’ve done and all that you do when it comes to this website & all the hard work you do on Twitter & beyond. 

but I have a question tho why is it that Dillard gets NO RESPECT from you what so ever I’ve supported and watched your rankings, your radio podcast & tv rankings & discussions and when it comes to 6A not even a mention of Dillard. 

I get it Dillard’s schedule hasn’t been murders row or a schedule like a trinity christian or Miami central ...BUT every challenge they had this year they’ve PASSED with flying colors. We’re 10-0 we have one of the most underrated running backs & overall teams in the state & we have just plain dominant but yet not even a mention as a dark horse from you. 

but yet no matter how up & down @ColumbiaHighFan2017class has looked or @MC Rockets has looked you & your team of analysts seem to still ride their bandwagon I get it to start the season you guys had your predictions & likes & faves but man what about what’s actually happening instead of how you feel. 

Dillard is on a 17 regular game winning streak dating back to last year going (8-2) they gave national ranked Miami central all they could handle in round 1 and could have won it; they went into the off season last year Got better,bigger,stronger & cake back this year and have just completely dominated their opponents. To go (10-0) this year but yet STILL no love. 

but yet you will mention teams like Naples (who are constant early round departures from the playoffs) and you say in your show that “Miami northwestern is out the way” so now maybe they can make a run since Miami central been up and down; but where is that same level of energy for Dillard ?? Dillard has had a FAR FAR more intense & difficult path the last 8 years compared to anyone in the state. 

having to face STA in the 2nd round for a few year from 04-08 then having to face Miami norland Jackson or AHP in the first round in 2012-12 then having to face the district of death from 2013-20-18 facing nationally ranked opponents in the first round as a DISTRICT CHAMPION like come on now. I know this post is lengthy but I’m not even coming to you as a Dillard fan but as a fan of football at this poinT. 

@DarterBlue2 @nolebull813 am I wrong or am I trippin ??

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Hey @Joshua Wilson I first want to thank you for all that you’ve done and all that you do when it comes to this website & all the hard work you do on Twitter & beyond. 

but I have a question tho why is it that Dillard gets NO RESPECT from you what so ever I’ve supported and watched your rankings, your radio podcast & tv rankings & discussions and when it comes to 6A not even a mention of Dillard. 

I get it Dillard’s schedule hasn’t been murders row or a schedule like a trinity christian or Miami central ...BUT every challenge they had this year they’ve PASSED with flying colors. We’re 10-0 we have one of the most underrated running backs & overall teams in the state & we have just plain dominant but yet not even a mention as a dark horse from you. 

but yet no matter how up & down @ColumbiaHighFan2017class has looked or @MC Rockets has looked you & your team of analysts seem to still ride their bandwagon I get it to start the season you guys had your predictions & likes & faves but man what about what’s actually happening instead of how you feel. 

Dillard is on a 17 regular game winning streak dating back to last year going (8-2) they gave national ranked Miami central all they could handle in round 1 and could have won it; they went into the off season last year Got better,bigger,stronger & cake back this year and have just completely dominated their opponents. To go (10-0) this year but yet STILL no love. 

but yet you will mention teams like Naples (who are constant early round departures from the playoffs) and you say in your show that “Miami northwestern is out the way” so now maybe they can make a run since Miami central been up and down; but where is that same level of energy for Dillard ?? Dillard has had a FAR FAR more intense & difficult path the last 8 years compared to anyone in the state. 

having to face STA in the 2nd round for a few year from 04-08 then having to face Miami norland Jackson or AHP in the first round in 2012-12 then having to face the district of death from 2013-20-18 facing nationally ranked opponents in the first round as a DISTRICT CHAMPION like come on now. I know this post is lengthy but I’m not even coming to you as a Dillard fan but as a fan of football at this poinT. 

@DarterBlue2 @nolebull813 am I wrong or am I trippin ??

I feel your pain. It just seems that a few teams get talked about and the rest are forgotten about. But, you are filling us in every day up front and personal on the attributes of your team Dillard. We are all following however, many of us are not that familiar with Dillard. I did watch some You Tube of Dillard's games against Columbus, Stranahan, and Blanche Ely. 2 out of the 3 were close games and hard fought on both sides. I like your QB I think his name is Jones. He makes that team go.

3 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I feel your pain. It just seems that a few teams get talked about and the rest are forgotten about. But, you are filling us in every day up front and personal on the attributes of your team Dillard. We are all following however, many of us are not that familiar with Dillard. I did watch some You Tube of Dillard's games against Columbus, Stranahan, and Blanche Ely. 2 out of the 3 were close games and hard fought on both sides. I like your QB I think his name is Jones. He makes that team go.

Which is crazy bro because if your gonna be giving true rankings and predictions and etc you got to view every team and not just only the teams you view as faves because of history or cuz name and even when they fall or dont live up to the hype u still stick to the script.

Dillard is a CLEAR TOP 3 TEAM IN ALL OF 6A top 2 in the south reigon and out of ALL the shows and rankings and podcast josh and his colleauges have done not one time dillard was mentioned.

I get it if not early in the season but we are now at the end and all weve done is gone (10-0) in dominating fashion.but aye we will just keep winning and taking it one game at a time. Keep disrespecting us were thriving off it.

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Which is crazy bro because if your gonna be giving true rankings and predictions and etc you got to view every team and not just only the teams you view as faves because of history or cuz name and even when they fall or dont live up to the hype u still stick to the script.

I've I had to guess, I would think Mr. Wilson is from N.Fla. Having a team like Madison Co. ranked in the top 25 over Dillard is laughable. I'm a big fan of the website but I'm usually scratching my head with some of the rankings.

7 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

I've I had to guess, I would think Mr. Wilson is from N.Fla. Having a team like Madison Co. ranked in the top 25 over Dillard is laughable. I'm a big fan of the website but I'm usually scratching my head with some of the rankings.

I just don’t get it bro like I’m not saying call us elite shoot I’m not even saying call us nationally good but dang not even a mention as a possible dark horse all year long let alone a str8 up contender ? 

when we played Miramar Who were coming off a big win over a solid Miami norland team  many analysts picked Miramar & said that Dillard had to show they can win against Miramar who had won every game against them since 06. What happen Dillard won against Miramar. 

then for the next few weeks Dillard str8 dominates their schedule still no respect because let the analysts tell it “we wasn’t playing anyone” and that our REAL test was gonna come vs MIAMI COLUMBUS the state 2018 8A runner up. What happens Dillard wins that game (shrugs shoulders) 

go into soul bowl playing against a solid Blanche ely team who gave the top team in palm beach (Atlantic) a run for their money Well in to the second half; only to play Dillard & Get 60!! Points out on them at home the most points ever scored in a soul bowl and the most Blanche ely has ever gave up in over 5 decades. 

through out the year gaither has got the love escambia palmetto Naples  Columbia even lee was ranked ahead of us after their win vs Columbus but yet Dillard can’t even make it in the top 25 in Florida ? Or even be seen as a black horse in 6A at the least ??