2019 6A playoffs ...”Name Your Top 5” And Who Do You Like To Advance

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 hour ago, shredstar said:

It sucks.  I know from experience.  A long time ago I was on one of those busses that had to ride all the way out there to play a playoff game against Tate.  We rode like seven hours on that damn bus, got our asses handed to us and then had to ride all the way back overnight.  It was awful.  We had no shot.  May as well have just stayed home.  By halftime we just wanted to get the hell out of there.  They ended up winning it all that year and I don't think they ever left the Pensacola area.  Could we have beat them if they had to ride all the way over here?  Probably not, but it likely would have been a lot closer.

Reminds me of Osceola in 2013 had to take a 7 hour bus ride to Niceville. Started flat in the 1st half trailing 21-10 and came back in the 2nd half. Osceola converted on a 4th and goal from the 17 to take the lead but missed the extra point (30-28). Niceville hit a game winning field goal as time expired to win 31-30. 

The following year in 2014 they met Niceville again in the state semis this time at Osceola and Osceola dominated from start to finish winning 42-14.

Different year and different players but i have to think that long trip had some type of effect on Niceville in the rematch

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

I understand what you're thinking/saying, but be careful about counting your turkeys before they hatch.  B)   Plenty of football to be played before the Friday after Thanksgiving. 

Not looking past any team @Perspective. We gotta get through Boca Ciega first....        

But im still pulling for any team except them just in case! :)

On 11/4/2019 at 3:37 PM, shredstar said:

My money is on Escambia representing the north.  Not because they are a superteam or have the second coming of Emmitt Smith.  But more because I-10 is a loooooong road and that drive from Jax to P-Cola will suck the life out of you.  They are the top seed in the north and everyone has to go there.  Travel will definitely be a factor.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/games/9-23-2016/football-fall-16/columbia-vs-escambia.htm?c=9bmeVG_MB0GnHKvqeS3y5A#tab=recap&schoolid=

May be a few years back but js 

:rolleyes:

There at least one team in Northeast FL who has at least somewhat recently went to and beaten Escambia on their turf

On 11/4/2019 at 3:39 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I was thinking about Naples being put up but I think their playoffs are gonna b short lived simply because of their playoff bracket 

The way Central playing I can see Naples making round 3, i wouldn't call that short

Plus they would then host Dillard in regional finals (most likely)

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The way Central playing I can see Naples making round 3, i wouldn't call that short

Plus they would then host Dillard in regional finals (most likely)

Dillard making the third round would b historic haven’t done it since 2000 but a Central vs Dillard or undefeated Dillard vs undefeated Naples will be HUUUGGEEEE my only concern will be the refs at Naples in that type of game of that magnitude. I know the refs won’t be from Naples but still.

21 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/games/9-23-2016/football-fall-16/columbia-vs-escambia.htm?c=9bmeVG_MB0GnHKvqeS3y5A#tab=recap&schoolid=

May be a few years back but js 

:rolleyes:

There at least one team in Northeast FL who has at least somewhat recently went to and beaten Escambia on their turf

Yep. Dealing with the travel is half the battle.