Btw Vs carol city Columbus vs Coral gables (round 2) western vs south dade “LETS TALK”

THIS_IS_DILLARD

These are some intriguing matchups and since the south tend not to get a lot of coverage I’m going to be doing my best to do some south Florida exposure. @Wavebb

GABLES @ COLUMBUS - they say it’s tough to beat a team twice and on top of that this is a huge rival game gables can very well win this; the first meeting was tooth and nail until the second half. 

SOUTH DADE @ WESTERN - very very interesting matchup even after all the blow outs western had this year they lost the two “TEST” they had they lost. I’m actually picking SOUTH DADE for the win here. 

BTW VS MCC - what a matchup on Thursday night will be CC is not your ordinary 5-5 opponent this game will have a lot of fire works idk who will win this one just yet. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I can speak about the only team I saw live, Gables. If they beat Columbus, then the Explorers are pretty poor. Coral Gables was an average team at best back at the start of the season, and their record indicates they did not improve as the season progressed. 

They hung with some pretty tough teams they nearly beat south dade as well u can never underestimate a true rival game Columbus beat every body they should have including a solid osceloa team on the road. Every team Columbus lost to finished with 7 wins or better that’s like saying booker t will be piss poor to losing to a 5-5 carol city team regardless of how good the teams were they played they wasn’t good enough to win either of em so 5-5 is 5-5 right ?? 

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

They hung with some pretty tough teams they nearly beat south dade as well u can never underestimate a true rival game Columbus beat every body they should have including a solid osceloa team on the road. Every team Columbus lost to finished with 7 wins or better that’s like saying booker t will be piss poor to losing to a 5-5 carol city team regardless of how good the teams were they played they wasn’t good enough to win either of em so 5-5 is 5-5 right ?? 

When Apopka beat Gables, they (Apopka) were not as good as they are today. That game was never in doubt and CG scored a garbage touchdown in the final minute of the game to make it look closer than it was. CG is not a very good team and if Columbus can't beat them by at least 10, they have no chance in 8A.

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

When Apopka beat Gables, they (Apopka) were not as good as they are today. That game was never in doubt and CG scored a garbage touchdown in the final minute of the game to make it look closer than it was. CG is not a very good team and if Columbus can't beat them by at least 10, they have no chance in 8A.

I feel u well they played 2 weeks ago & Columbus won by over 25

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

And the result should be the same again. CG just did not seem to have any big play makers and most of their kids seemed very average to me.  

And that may was the case but can’t teams improve & make adjustments ?? I was saying earlier they were seconds away from beating south dade while they were undefeated 

7 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And that may was the case but can’t teams improve & make adjustments ?? I was saying earlier they were seconds away from beating south dade while they were undefeated 

Some can and some can't. To my eyeballs, Gables did not look like the kind of team that could improve much.

Teams that improve are usually young full of sophomores and juniors or have a new staff. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

Dillard is going to win convincingly Friday. You will probably beat FM at home the next week fairly easily, too. The test comes in the Regional finals and beyond. 

Tbh I’m & I want our team to take my nfl team(patriots) approach & that is every team we play starting with Lely this Friday is gonna b the beat team we’ve faced all year & it’s gonna take all 4 quarters to get to the next round. 

dillard has already created history by going 10-0 next level is advancing past the first round since 2013 and after that it will be advancing past the 2nd round for the 1st time since 2001.