FHSAA Championship Record Book

gatorman-uf

17 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Does anybody know why the FHSAA has stopped updating the Championship Record Book? They seem to keep it up to date for other sports, but not football. 

https://www.fhsaa.org/sites/default/files/orig_uploads/records/rec_fb.pdf

It is because only one person is assigned to handle that, plus there are other issues that cause that I really can't say without opening a can of worms.

Just now, Joshua Wilson said:

It is because only one person is assigned to handle that, plus there are other issues that cause that I really can't say without opening a can of worms.

Is there any reason they couldn't give a second person access to it so it's not overwhelming responsibility applied to just one person?

1 hour ago, Joshua Wilson said:

Josh, 

I get it, it happens in every job. BUT 3 and (after this year) 4 years worth of backlog is a little silly at this point. Your post made me feel like I should research the rest of the sports, so here is how far behind the FHSAA has gotten with these sports. Some sports haven't been updated since 2011!

Fall Sports:

Bowling (still needs 2018)
Cross Country (still needs 2018)
Golf (still needs 2018)
Swimming (Still needs 2018)
Volleyball (Still needs 2018)

Winter Sports
Boys Basketball (Needs 2019 and Tournament Appearances need to be updated since 2016) 
Girls Basketball (Needs 2018 and 2019 and they don't have any Tournament Appearance by team), I am pretty sure it existed at some point
Competitive Cheerleading (Need 2019)
Boys Soccer (Need 2019) Also have stopped putting coaches names with programs
Girls Soccer (Need 2019) Also have stopped putting coaches names with programs
Girls Weightlifting (Need 2019)
Wrestling (Need 2019 Individual Champions, but have Dual Meet Championships)

Spring Sports
Baseball (Needs 2018 and 2019, and haven't updated Tournament Appearances starting with 2017)
Flag Football (Needs 2017, 2018, and 2019)
Boys Lacrosse (Needs 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019)
Girls Lacrosse (Needs 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019)
Softball (Need 2018 and 2019, and Tournament Appearances since 2017, and Tournament Scores since 2015)
Boys Tennis (Needs 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019)
Girls Tennis (Needs 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019)
Track (Needs 2019)
Boys Water Polo (Needs 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019)
Girls Water Polo (Needs 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019)
Boys Weightlifting (Needs 2019)

I get that people get busy and sometimes the work plate is overflowing... but years of updates missing is absolutely ridiculous? There really is no excuse for it. If it is part of an individuals job duties it needs to get done. Pay me and I will have it done in a week. There is nothing hard about updating a record book if the stats are all available. The FHSAA is the governing body and needs to do a better job on this in my opinion. My name in the Flag Football record book has been spelled incorrectly since 2013 and I don't even have my name in as the coach for 2012, something I asked to be corrected in 2013, 2014, 2015... I stopped trying at that point lol