2019 1st round playoff attendance

THIS_IS_DILLARD

I can’t speak for every playoff game this weekend individually but the ones I’ve seen were TERRIBLE!! i mean what the heck south Florida ?? 

Even with interesting matchups & etc the attendance wasn’t even regular season acceptable 

examples: 

booker T vs Carol city ...u saw empty seats everywhere you would have thought those two teams would have brought a better crowd ..Thursday game or not.

western vs south dade- I mean big fans what the heck happen I legit counted 9 people on their side ...no band no cheerleaders & nothing but empty bleachers ...THESE ARE THE FREAKING PLAYOFFS!! support your kids & family members heck your school regardless the outcome. 

palm beach gardens @ Deerfield - it was easily about 25-30 fans in the stands for gardens again no band no nothing but again this is the playoffs ..why have these things at your school if your not gonna utilize em at all cost. 

Lely at Dillard - ATLEAST their band & cheerleaders came but their fans tho it was only about 25-30 of them in the stands smh. 

and I’m pretty sure it was ALOT more scenes like this cross the state that I didn’t see & it’s just mind boggling like yo in other states from RURAL to the city those folks back their game by the thousands consistently and their loud & rowdy. 

and I don’t wanna hear anything bout ohh it’s Florida or south Florida it’s a lot more stuff to do ETC ...BOLOGNA!! These are your kids cousins nephews & etc our there SUPPORT them can you imagine how mentally deflating it can b your already the underdog & u look in the stands & there is literally no one there cheering u on at that moment your already mentally defeated. It’s just sad man.

Attendance at Columbia vs Ponte Vedra was decent

It was a smaller stadium but the road side was pretty packed and it was electric with the cowbells and the band 

Ponte Vedra home side is small compared to a lot of ones I've seen but they had student section packed from bottom to top of their stands and a good sized band

The reserved section had a bit of open seats but overall it was a good game atmosphere and the venue looked nice with the electronic Scoreboard and the palm trees blowing when the wind and rain came in, it really felt like a venue that defined FL football

At Apopka, Palm Coast brought at best, 200 fans, plus the band and cheerleaders. The Apopka side had about the number of fans I see at a decent regular season game. I guess the weather (rain fell constantly, but not heavily for pretty much the entire game) reduced attendance. 

I have noticed that overall over the past 8 or so years, that attendance seems to be drifting downward in Florida. Even the state championship games reflect this. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue2 said:

At Apopka, Palm Coast brought at best, 200 fans, plus the band and cheerleaders. The Apopka side had about the number of fans I see at a decent regular season game. I guess the weather (rain fell constantly, but not heavily for pretty much the entire game) reduced attendance. 

I have noticed that overall over the past 8 or so years, that attendance seems to be drifting downward in Florida. Even the state championship games reflect this. 

But that’s the thing it’s Florida you know it’s rainy season they make umbrellas ponchos raincoats ..jackets etc it shouldn’t b no excuse 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I can’t speak for every playoff game this weekend individually but the ones I’ve seen were TERRIBLE!! i mean what the heck south Florida ?? 

Even with interesting matchups & etc the attendance wasn’t even regular season acceptable 

examples: 

booker T vs Carol city ...u saw empty seats everywhere you would have thought those two teams would have brought a better crowd ..Thursday game or not.

western vs south dade- I mean big fans what the heck happen I legit counted 9 people on their side ...no band no cheerleaders & nothing but empty bleachers ...THESE ARE THE FREAKING PLAYOFFS!! support your kids & family members heck your school regardless the outcome. 

palm beach gardens @ Deerfield - it was easily about 25-30 fans in the stands for gardens again no band no nothing but again this is the playoffs ..why have these things at your school if your not gonna utilize em at all cost. 

Lely at Dillard - ATLEAST their band & cheerleaders came but their fans tho it was only about 25-30 of them in the stands smh. 

and I’m pretty sure it was ALOT more scenes like this cross the state that I didn’t see & it’s just mind boggling like yo in other states from RURAL to the city those folks back their game by the thousands consistently and their loud & rowdy. 

and I don’t wanna hear anything bout ohh it’s Florida or south Florida it’s a lot more stuff to do ETC ...BOLOGNA!! These are your kids cousins nephews & etc our there SUPPORT them can you imagine how mentally deflating it can b your already the underdog & u look in the stands & there is literally no one there cheering u on at that moment your already mentally defeated. It’s just sad man.

You need to come to a Vero Beach home game. Our stands are full every Friday night with thousands. Our 12th man intimidates every opponent that comes onto Vero's field. On top of that we have one of the largest bands in Florida. Even when we travel we have more fans than the home crowd.

Just now, roygod said:

You need to come to a Vero Beach home game. Our stands are full every Friday night with thousands. Our 12th man intimidates every opponent that comes onto Vero's field. On top of that we have one of the largest bands in Florida. Even when we travel we have more fans than the home crowd.

That’s how it is with Dillard but as far as south Florida as a whole it’s really sad at this point 

1 minute ago, roygod said:

Where does that gone crowd & intimidating factor goes in the playoffs tho ? Lol hahaha jk wit u bro

58 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But that’s the thing it’s Florida you know it’s rainy season they make umbrellas ponchos raincoats ..jackets etc it shouldn’t b no excuse 

I sat through a rain soaked game, but not going to lie, I know how easy it would have been to watch on twitter instead.

But this goes back to the problem, that doing 1 vs 8 brings about. I don't know many visiting fans traveled from New Smryna Beach to Pensacola or from Pensacola to Daytona Beach for a first round match-up (6A Region 1). Usually, those type of games would be Round 3 where there is something on the line.

1 minute ago, gatorman-uf said:

I sat through a rain soaked game, but not going to lie, I know how easy it would have been to watch on twitter instead.

But this goes back to the problem, that doing 1 vs 8 brings about. I don't know many visiting fans traveled from New Smryna Beach to Pensacola or from Pensacola to Daytona Beach for a first round match-up (6A Region 1). Usually, those type of games would be Round 3 where there is something on the line.

It all goes to pride & love for your school seems as if it’s fading and fading fast 

Pahokee, Glades Central, PB Lakes, and Suncoast  were the only teams I remember traveling with their bands (HBCU style). PK and GC fans have always travelled, but with live streaming you can now watch games from home, so I guess that’s what’s affecting game attendance 

18 minutes ago, roygod said:

Wish Vero would do a home and home with Columbia

15 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

You don't consider a playoff game win or go home "something on the line"?

Whether it round 1 or round 4 it still win or go home

7 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Pahokee, Glades Central, PB Lakes, and Suncoast  were the only teams I remember traveling with their bands (HBCU style). PK and GC fans have always travelled, but with live streaming you can now watch games from home, so I guess that’s what’s affecting game attendance 

Again where is the die hard pride & love fa yo school tho 

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Again where is the die hard pride & love fa yo school tho 

Simple

As Florida becomes more a state where people come to retire you are seeing more and more people moving into Florida with no alumni attachment to schools and as a result the potential fans a team could have are not gonna be loyal because it's not their school

Florida population is growing but it's mostly transfer residents from other states 

PKs administration reassigned the previous AD (personal reasons if you ask me) this summer and it’s affected our game experience. The previous AD was a PK alumni and understand what the PK game experience was, especially with us rebuilding our band from scratch (it’s all middle school kids). He raised money for the  inflatable Blue Devil tunnel, baseball teams uniforms and equipment, flag football uniforms and equipment. Now PK games don’t have the same feeling. 

That Newberry game was how the entire season. 

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Fewer and fewer schools/fans see themselves as involved with chasing a state title. Not because there are too few classes! But because everyone is realizing that all of the players have left to go play at a handful of schools and there is literally NO chance of anyone else beating those super teams. Wiregrass Ranch and Melbourne were both 7-3 and heading to the playoffs. Both, as was expected by those following the teams, looked up at scoreboards reflecting 57-0 deficits. For the teams not facing such mismatches, they still realize that at some point in the near future they will have a similar fate. "What's the point?" is a question being asked by many when the decision to attend a game is made.

3 minutes ago, skyway said:

Fewer and fewer schools/fans see themselves as involved with chasing a state title. Not because there are too few classes! But because everyone is realizing that all of the players have left to go play at a handful of schools and there is literally NO chance of anyone else beating those super teams. Wiregrass Ranch and Melbourne were both 7-3 and heading to the playoffs. Both, as was expected by those following the teams, looked up at scoreboards reflecting 57-0 deficits. For the teams not facing such mismatches, they still realize that at some point in the near future they will have a similar fate. "What's the point?" is a question being asked by many when the decision to attend a game is made.

The point is that that is your school your son your nephew your cousin out there playing you will b surprised what a rabid fan base and band can do toward causing a upset you don’t have to be the better team over all but the better team that night. 

A fumble here interception there and you never know but if your already a underdog & you look in the stands and c not even your own family no band no nothing before the hand even start mentally u already defeated 

33 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You don't consider a playoff game win or go home "something on the line"?

Whether it round 1 or round 4 it still win or go home

Daytona Beach to Pensacola or vice versa is over 6 hours, sorry there are limits on how far people are willing to travel for a 1st round game. Now games, where it is 30 minutes the excuse doesn't fly.