Columbia vs Lee round 2

DisabledAccount

Forecast for Friday in JAX is 58 degrees at game time with some windy conditions. The light rain should end by game time. I remember back a few years ago in the playoffs when we had to go up to Jax for the 2nd round . At game time it was below 36 degrees and I don't think I have ever been that cold since my college days in Boston. I actually had to leave at halftime as there was no way to get warm.

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol wow

That's what happens when you play one of the schools that actions led to this rule change

All the public schools in Duval were forced to move hosting games to 6pm because Lee couldn't stop "gun action" from taking place outside of the Raines Lee game for 2 straight years

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That's what happens when you play one of the schools that actions led to this rule change

All the public schools in Duval were forced to move hosting games to 6pm because Lee couldn't stop "gun action" from taking place outside of the Raines Lee game for 2 straight years

I don’t c what does that have to do with the time tho ..I’m sure lAw enforcement & etc was at those games even during the shooting if a person wanna shoot their gonna shoot regardless the time.

6 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don’t c what does that have to do with the time tho ..I’m sure lAw enforcement & etc was at those games even during the shooting if a person wanna shoot their gonna shoot regardless the time.

I think it's because they think doing games earlier increases the amount of light after games and will deter it

The earlier they set the start time the fewer parents and other family members will be able to make the games before the 2nd half . In the north they still play their games on Saturday afternoon starting at 1 PM. Of course they don't have the heat that we have. I attended a makeup game on Saturday that started at 10 AM. By the time halftime rolled around the players were close to passing out.

2 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

Wanna be thugs (the type that would bring a gun to a HS football game) don't roll out of bed until 8:00 pm?

Palm Beach had similar concerns last year. 

If these areas would do a better job patrolling and deterring crime it wouldn't be needed

The city botches their job and then want to play damage control and pretend they taking action to stop it when they the ones who botched it in the first place

49 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If these areas would do a better job patrolling and deterring crime it wouldn't be needed

The city botches their job and then want to play damage control and pretend they taking action to stop it when they the ones who botched it in the first place

You live there bro? Got first hand knowledge? Im just saying if your going to make statements like that about people who risk their lives everyday I would hope you have some personal knowledge and examples of this. Part of being a man is understanding that what you say does have some power to it. 

13 minutes ago, Just A Coach said:

You live there bro? Got first hand knowledge? Im just saying if your going to make statements like that about people who risk their lives everyday I would hope you have some personal knowledge and examples of this. Part of being a man is understanding that what you say does have some power to it. 

I talked to people who do live there

My outrage isn't truly directed at the law enforcement and I in fact had a family member who worked as a member of law enforcement and because of this I have a lot of respect for the badge and what it stands for

My outrage is at the people who run that city who are clearly unqualified to do so as instead of trying to take preventative measures to address the rising crime in specific areas or address the need for safety in the areas these school functions take place, they sit back and wait for something to happen then the "leaders" want to come take politically correct action after the fact for appearance sake that does nothing to truly stop what is happening instead of actually trying to address what is actually the cause of the problem so it can get resolved 

20 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

Columbia needs to clean house, this was the worst coached game I've ever seen.

For who?

Who would Columbia hire that's better?

They don't exactly have a good track record of hiring in the past, now when it comes to ignoring hall of fame coaches or pushing them out we write the book on that

2 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

They could get a middle school coach and it wouldn't be a downgrade. So your telling me this was a well coached team?

What I'm saying is I don't trust the boosters to find anyone better

They would botch it and set this program back decades like they did when they hired Craig Howard

Oh he was Tebow coach this, well Columbia isn't Nease and there ain't no damn Tebow in Columbia high school