Columbia vs Lee round 2

DisabledAccount

14 minutes ago, badbird said:

So Columbia shouldn’t have been in your top 50 all year?   6A north is not good.  I’ve said that all year.

The first half of the year yes but it seemed every week they got worse. When u cant even line up right theres no way you can execute the play, and that's on the coach. Everyone I was sitting with at the game was like do they even practice these plays.

6 hours ago, Phfootball9 said:

I don't understand Lee is a good team why would escambia have to do anything other than win in the regional finals to maintain or even improve their ranking?

Lee's defense is very good and will keep them in most any game.  Their offense has to manufacture points, which is never good.  If travel weren't involved I would give Lee a shot.  Escambia will be the win the north for one reason only........I-10.  It is the road that kills dreams.  It has been that way for decades.  I wish there were a stat on how teams fare having to make that trip either direction.  I would bet the visiting teams have won very few of those contests.

1 minute ago, shredstar said:

Lee's defense is very good and will keep them in most any game.  Their offense has to manufacture points, which is never good.  If travel weren't involved I would give Lee a shot.  Escambia will be the win the north for one reason only........I-10.  It is the road that kills dreams.  It has been that way for decades.  I wish there were a stat on how teams fare having to make that trip either direction.  I would bet the visiting teams have won very few of those contests.

It is also the road that seems to kill state champ dreams for a lot of panhandle team. As much as I hate to admit it, Jacksonville or Gainesville is probably the best place for state games. No more than 5 hours for anyone (except maybe Lee, Collier, and Monroe).

Just now, 181pl said:

It is also the road that seems to kill state champ dreams for a lot of panhandle team. As much as I hate to admit it, Jacksonville or Gainesville is probably the best place for state games. No more than 5 hours for anyone (except maybe Lee, Collier, and Monroe).

Yep.  Works both ways for sure.  Gainesville would be the best place.  They have had them there before.  

23 minutes ago, shredstar said:

Escambia is 9-1 at home in the playoffs versus teams from Tally or eastward. 

The game was closer than the final score in my eyes. Mainland's qb gave Escambia some problems, which forced Esc star rb Frank Peasant to play linebacker as well last night. I don't think he's done that all year. 

If Lee's offense really is terrible than Escambia should be able to win this game comfortably.

1 minute ago, uncleluke23 said:

The game was closer than the final score in my eyes. Mainland's qb gave Escambia some problems, which forced Esc star rb Frank Peasant to play linebacker as well last night. I don't think he's done that all year. 

If Lee's offense really is terrible than Escambia should be able to win this game comfortably.

Lee QB (Sophomore) is very erratic and seems to have deer in headlights in the face of pressure, if Escambia can force pressure well they will either force Lee to focus on run or sub in the senior (who normally plays reciever) to play QB

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Should Madison not be in top 50 since columbia handed them their worst loss of season?

There was a ? by my question but you refused to answer it.  It was not a statement.  Deflecting you are good at.  You said if Escambia doesn't beat Lee by 21 they don't deserve to be top 25.  Well if beating Lee by 21 gets you in the top 25 what does losing to them twice get you?

can't judge a season off one game.  With that said Madison lost to Columbia and Lakewood.  Madison would struggle to beat larger really good schools.  I would put them in the 40 range.  Plenty of top 50 teams have lost games to people not in the top 50.  Atlantic, Lee, North Marion are good teams not great.  I would put Madison in with them.  You went 1-3 vs them.  Columbia in my opinion would be about 50.