Columbia vs Lee round 2

DisabledAccount

18 minutes ago, Jags904 said:

I said it a couple of weeks ago, that Columbia came off the rails because of coaching. 

Not just X’s and O’s but being able to maintain control over the team, situational play calling, and an inability to “rally the troops.” 

That's every year, like I said they need to clean house and start over. When you have 1st and goal at the lee 2 and cant score any points nothing else needs to be said.

6 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

That's every year, like I said they need to clean house and start over. When you have 1st and goal at the lee 2 and cant score any points nothing else needs to be said.

Maybe they can go try find Tom Brady high school coach, surely that will work like it did when they went after Tebow high school coach and thought it would bring a championship but instead only brought Columbia first losing season since 1986 and only 1 Playoff appearance in 3 years (columbia had previously only missed Playoffs once since 1993) :rolleyes:

Or maybe Lloyd Carr if he not busy in his retirement might be interested 

Again even though Brian isn't perfect he is still a hell a lot better than anyone Columbia would be able to find and i doubt anyone else they brought in would care more about getting our players to the next level as he does

After all we all know in Lake City how our previous coaches would tell college scouts that Columbia didn't have talent because they wanted colleges to think the coaches did all the work which probably cost a lot of Columbia players from playing at the next level 

33 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Maybe they can go try find Tom Brady high school coach, surely that will work like it did when they went after Tebow high school coach and thought it would bring a championship but instead only brought Columbia first losing season since 1986 and only 1 Playoff appearance in 3 years (columbia had previously only missed Playoffs once since 1993) :rolleyes:

So you dont think columbia should have got points from the 2 yard line? Or how about the delay of game on the first offensive play in overtime when they had plenty of time on the sideline  to get a play ready, but hell no he just blames the refs for the penalty. And who cares if you make the playoffs when you lose first or second round almost every year. And I think next year might be rough.

3 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

So you dont think columbia should have got points from the 2 yard line? Or how about the delay of game on the first offensive play in overtime when they had plenty of time on the sideline  to get a play ready, but hell no he just blames the refs for the penalty. And who cares if you make the playoffs when you lose first or second round almost every year. And I think next year might be rough.

I've heard same song and dance every year i was in high school as well as after and before I was in high school

2015 team was supposed to go 5-5 and miss playoffs, how that turn out?

Columbia will be back in playoffs like clockwork next year

5 minutes ago, Nolebeast12 said:

And yeah we should have scored, idk how we couldn't make a field goal that close to the goaline but I don't think the booster club could with any hope find anyone better than Coach Allen and I know damn well they won't find anyone who puts in more effort not just for the program but also who puts in effort pushing his players to college scouts

Just remember how Columbia looked in 2004-2010 and you will see a glimpse of what will happen if Columbia pushes Brian out, i guarantee you the program will turn into Suwannee in terms of talent 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I've heard same song and dance every year i was in high school as well as after and before I was in high school

I hope they do have a good team next year I just dont believe in the coach. I'm pretty sure this year Columbia was one of the favorites out of 6a north before the year started. Anyway we ain't gonna agree on the coach I think we need someone new and you think he should stay and that's cool, I'll be in the stands just like every year regardless who the coach is.

Let's be honest on what blame goes on the coaches:

A Delay of Game Penalty on the switch from defense to offense on the first play of OT is on the coaches. 
Players consistently having to be repositioned before a play is on the coaches (either a player was unprepared, too many new formations this late in the year, or a lack of getting the play in).
Not gaining a single yard in 3 OTs vs Lee is on the coaches. 

Let's be honest as well.
Now, Columbia isn't going to clean house. Coach Allen is well-liked in that community. There would be a backlash from the entire community if he was fired. (If he left for a job at a higher level, I don't think people would be upset). I think this team is exactly what they show us year in and year out. A good, consistent team with a star or two, but nothing that is world beater. (The last year with Tunsil was probably the last truly state caliber team). This year's team lacked size across the line and looked small in comparison to several teams in comparison. I would be willing to bet that this same schedule next year and Columbia is 4-6. 

At the same time,  I would bet that if Lee and Columbia play 8 more times the results would be very similar. Close hard fought games that either team could win.

1 minute ago, gatorman-uf said:

A Delay of Game Penalty on the switch from defense to offense on the first play of OT is on the coaches. 
Players consistently having to be repositioned before a play is on the coaches (either a player was unprepared, too many new formations this late in the year, or a lack of getting the play in).

Let's be honest as well.
Now, Columbia isn't going to clean house. Coach Allen is well-liked in that community. There would be a backlash from the entire community if he was fired. (If he left for a job at a higher level, I don't think people would be upset). I think this team is exactly what they show us year in and year out. A good, consistent team with a star or two, but nothing that is world beater. (The last year with Tunsil was probably the last truly state caliber team). This year's team lacked size across the line and looked small in comparison to several teams in comparison. I would be willing to bet that this same schedule next year and Columbia is 4-6. 

At the same time,  I would bet that if Lee and Columbia play 8 more times the results would be very similar. Close hard fought games that either team could win.

LMAO

I hope you know I plan to save this post for next year, who the 6 losses?

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

LMAO

I hope you know I plan to save this post for next year, who the 6 losses?

Easier to put the Wins:
Angels, Gainesville, Middleburg, (whoever they get to replace Pine Forest)

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Btw not that it changes much but it was 2 OTs, not 3

Was counting the Regular Season game

1 minute ago, gatorman-uf said:

Let's be honest as well.

That's the problem with lake city to much buddy buddy here, I wouldn't care if lee was a good team there not good and its embarrassing how Columbia looked last night.

3 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Let's be honest as well.

If Columbia is not a world beater fine, but neither is ANYONE in this area and it would be easier then folding sheets to make that argument

Northeast FL as a whole is very bad this year

After next week only 2 teams in this area will still be playing, both in a very weak region (Bolles in 4a 1) (University Christian in 2a 1)

And both might lose in final 4 (Cocoa and Victory Christian respectively)

Union county will lose to Madison and Lee will lose to Escambia

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

Let's be honest as well.

I think chs had the talent to be a team with a chance. But I saw film early in the year and knew they would fall short again. Btw it is the coaching. Watching backside guys and receivers taking plays off is always a sign that high level big schools will not allow a team to go on 3 game winning streaks much less 5,games.

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Keep the hope alive Grasshopper...

Go Tigers!!

6 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

He couldn’t cheat and put kids zoned for Lee/Raines/St Aug/etc in apartments or living with coaches.