The 10 Best Second Round Playoff Games

OldSchoolLion

These could be amongst the more competitive games.  What do you think? 

8A Apopka vs Bartram Trail

8A Vero Beach vs Treasure Coast

7A Edgewater vs Lincoln

7A Fleming Island vs Niceville

6A Columbia vs Lee

6A Central vs Naples

5A Vanguard vs North Marion

4A Gulliver Prep vs Booker T Washington

4A Cardinal Gibbons vs University

3A Berkeley Prep vs Clearwater Central Catholic

Regarding the two games involving Orlando area teams, Edgewater and Apopka, I think the Edgewater vs Lincoln game will be a blowout win for Edgewater to the tune of over a 30 point margin win by Edgwater.

In the Apopka vs Bartram Trail game, if Apopka is to have a solid shot, it will have to play mistake free football. That game could be close, but the edge belongs to BT. 

42 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Regarding the two games involving Orlando area teams, Edgewater and Apopka, I think the Edgewater vs Lincoln game will be a blowout win for Edgewater to the tune of over a 30 point margin win by Edgwater.

In the Apopka vs Bartram Trail game, if Apopka is to have a solid shot, it will have to play mistake free football. That game could be close, but the edge belongs to BT. 

I’m going with Lincoln. 

Edgewater has one good win against a depleted Jones team. 

They are fools gold. The kind of chain that leaves a green ring around your neck. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I’m going with Lincoln

Edgewater has one good win against a depleted Jones team. 

They are fools gold. The kind of chain that leaves a green ring around your neck. 

And what makes Lincoln not fools gold?

Because they beat palmetto who nearly got bounced by a 4-6 team?

12 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Apopka has a shot, but man, BT hasn't shown any chinks in the armor since the PV game.  I thought Spruce Creek could give them some trouble but that game was over when the ball was kicked.  

11 minutes ago, shredstar said:

Apopka has a shot, but man, BT hasn't shown any chinks in the armor since the PV game.  I thought Spruce Creek could give them some trouble but that game was over when the ball was kicked.  

I agree. BT will be very difficult to beat at their place. If Apopka is to win they will have to punch them in the mouth early and maintain that for four quarters. I have BT a 10+ point favorite going into the game. 

The VB/TC rematch should be fantastic, the regular season game was won by VB by a point in OT, had TC converted any of their 5 two point conversions they would have won. This one will be played at Vero.

In all reality this is a 1 vs 2 matchup in 8A south in terms of RPI. Vero had 8A South’s best RPI, TC was 2nd, (2nd and 4th in 8A, ) but because they’re in the same district, TC was relegated to a 5 seed. 

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And what makes Lincoln not fools gold?

Because they beat palmetto who nearly got bounced by a 4-6 team?

I don’t do the daisy chains. Lincoln isn’t fools gold because they aren’t portrayed as a top team like Edgewater. 

Edgewater got blown out by the only quality team on the schedule. I don’t count Jones because Jones had almost half their starters out. 

Edgewater is being put on a pedestal for doing nothing. They haven’t won anything, and have no equity built to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

I wouldn’t bet on Lincoln ever due to their inconsistent play, but if they beat Edgewater I wouldn’t bat an eye, and would never consider it remotely close to an upset 

4 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I don’t do the daisy chains. Lincoln isn’t fools gold because they aren’t portrayed as a top team like Edgewater. 

Edgewater got blown out by the only quality team on the schedule. I don’t count Jones because Jones had almost half their starters out. 

Edgewater is being put on a pedestal for doing nothing. They haven’t won anything, and have no equity built to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

I wouldn’t bet on Lincoln ever due to their inconsistent play, but if they beat Edgewater I wouldn’t bat an eye, and would never consider it remotely close to an upset 

So what happens if Edgewater blows Lincoln out?

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So what happens if Edgewater blows Lincoln out?

Then add it to the list of 50 plus other blowouts in the playoffs so far. Lmao! 

If they blow them out it won’t show much because if they truly are who the posters here say they are then that would be expected. Lincoln can be blown out as easy as they can win big. They are Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde. You don’t know what to expect 

I want to see them against a real team. Like Marietta. The teams in their region are scrubs. Panhandle/Big Bend teams that should be “handled”

Truth is you don’t know how good Edgewater is because they lost to the only good team on their schedule pretty convincingly. I want to see them against the Region 2 winner 

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Then add it to the list of 50 plus other blowouts in the playoffs so far. Lmao! 

If they blow them out it won’t show much because if they truly are who the posters here say they are then that would be expected. 

I want to see them against a real team. Like Marietta. The teams in their region are scrubs. Panhandle/Big Bend teams that should be “handled”

Truth is you don’t know how good Edgewater is because they lost to the only good team on their schedule pretty convincingly. I want to see them against the Region 2 winner 

So wekiva and Winter Park are nothing teams or something because Edgewater blew both them out as well?

What exactly has Marietta done to be considered the only good team Edgewater has played? Just because they from GA?

When one those power GA teams come to FL during regular season and win like they do when hosting teams from FL, let me know lol

13 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

You will see them against the Region 2 winner in two weeks. It will be at home for Armwood or Lakeland. We will see what happens then

17 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

These could be amongst the more competitive games.  What do you think? 

8A Apopka vs Bartram Trail

8A Vero Beach vs Treasure Coast

7A Edgewater vs Lincoln

7A Fleming Island vs Niceville

6A Columbia vs Lee

6A Central vs Naples

5A Vanguard vs North Marion

4A Gulliver Prep vs Booker T Washington

4A Cardinal Gibbons vs University

3A Berkeley Prep vs Clearwater Central Catholic

Western vs Miami Palmetto in 8A looks like a good on paper. 

56 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You will see them against the Region 2 winner in two weeks. It will be at home for Armwood or Lakeland. We will see what happens then

That’s the only way to truly know where they stand in the state. 

If they lose to Armwood or Lakeland then it confirms everything I been saying. They aren’t even close to elite in the state, and are fools gold. 

Beat one of them, and they can stake a claim as one of the best. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So wekiva and Winter Park are nothing teams or something because Edgewater blew both them out as well?

What exactly has Marietta done to be considered the only good team Edgewater has played? Just because they from GA?

When one those power GA teams come to FL during regular season and win like they do when hosting teams from FL, let me know lol

Correct. Wekiva and Winter Park are nothing teams. This year. Both aren’t very good. 

26 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

That’s the only way to truly know where they stand in the state. 

If they lose to Armwood or Lakeland then it confirms everything I been saying. They aren’t even close to elite in the state, and are fools gold. 

Beat one of them, and they can stake a claim as one of the best. 

We will see what we will see. I am sure they will score over 21 against either of them. The acid test is Edgewater's defense which gives up its share of points. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I agree. BT will be very difficult to beat at their place. If Apopka is to win they will have to punch them in the mouth early and maintain that for four quarters. I have BT a 10+ point favorite going into the game. 

Good luck to anyone that has to block #88 for Apopka.