8A 13/16 (6/16 last season)

7A 9/16 (9/16 last season)

6A 7/16 (8/16 last season)

5A 10/16 (8/16 last season)

4A 5/8 (5/8 last season)

3A 5/8 (1/8 last season)

2A 4/8 (6/8 last season)

1A 2/8 (8/12 last season)

TOTAL ABOVE: 55/96 first round games were decided by 21 or more points (51/100 last season)

1A and 6A appear to be the most competitive classes so far this year.

I added numbers from last year to the original post, for comparison.  Interesting how much less competitive 8A is this year versus last in the first round.  Only 2 games in 8A were decided by less than 17 points.  Average margin of victory for 8A playoff games was 30 points.  

3A is also much less competitive versus last year, at least so far.   

31 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I added numbers from last year to the original post, for comparison.  Interesting how much less competitive 8A is this year versus last in the first round.  Only 2 games in 8A were decided by less than 17 points.  Average margin of victory for 8A playoff games was 30 points.  

3A is also much less competitive versus last year, at least so far.   

I believe the chaff has now been removed from 8A. Look for the remaining rounds to be much more competitive. 

A friend of mine asked me how Wiregrass Ranch had made the playoffs- His Daughter goes to Lakeland. I told him they were 7-3 and are a decent team. I also told him that the first two rounds of the playoffs are usually mis-matches in many ways.

While I think Tampa bay tech is a better team than wiregrass I don't see their game with Lakeland being that competitive and for him to expect a better game but not a close game.

Bring on Armwood!

1 hour ago, Legion37 said:

A friend of mine asked me how Wiregrass Ranch had made the playoffs- His Daughter goes to Lakeland. I told him they were 7-3 and are a decent team. I also told him that the first two rounds of the playoffs are usually mis-matches in many ways.

While I think Tampa bay tech is a better team than wiregrass I don't see their game with Lakeland being that competitive and for him to expect a better game but not a close game.

Bring on Armwood!

TBT putting 52 on the board and a running clock in a road playoff game is an eye-opener. I'd have to take a look at TBT and see their strengths and weaknesses before I conclude it won't be a close game. A guess based off of watching very little of them is that they are really fast with questionable play in the trenches? I think it will be a fun game to watch, even if it isn't that close after all.

1 hour ago, Legion37 said:

Every game TBT had to step up to competition, Armwood, Gaither and Bloomingdale, they got smooshed.

Lakeland is (should) better at all facets.

Now Lakeland just needs to go out and win the game.

Hope it won't be a fun or close game at all. ;)

I notice that. However, I'm not so sure Bloomingdale or Gaither are better than Viera. Not sure if TBT is playing on a new level now.