Vero vs Treasure Coast

Jimmyb1980

We actually have a full thread about these 2 styles, nice little read:

But this should be another great game between the 2, obviously I’m a Vero homer but I’m giving Vero the edge. Vero will actually have tape on TC from this season to help game plan going against their non traditional style of offense, our teams been getting healthier, and both the offense and defense have really stepped their games up the second part of the year and started clicking. All this and being played at home I’ll go Vero 31, TC 20.

QB Ryan Jankowski has gained a lot of confidence. He has now matured for his first starting season. Also the offensive line has improved greatly. The big difference will be the coaching, coach J is a mastermind and will have the answer to TC's single wing this time around.  Because of that, I give Vero the edge over Treasure Coast on top of Vero having the home field advantage. 

36 minutes ago, Trelle said:

We actually have a full thread about these 2 styles, nice little read:

But this should be another great game between the 2, obviously I’m a Vero homer but I’m giving Vero the edge. Vero will actually have tape on TC from this season to help game plan going against their non traditional style of offense, our teams been getting healthier, and both the offense and defense have really stepped their games up the second part of the year and started clicking. All this and being played at home I’ll go Vero 31, TC 20.

I watched the Vero vs Viera game and Vero looked a lot better to me in that one than they did early in the season. The team has certainly seemed to have turned the corner and should be a threat to get to at least the semifinal game this year. 

biggest difference for Vero this year, first time during coach J years, Veros jelling at the right time and playing there best football down the stretch...usually the season starts with us killing teams with the spead and as the season progresses other teams close the gap...not this year! I believe this may be helped by what I think is a down year for Florida football statewide!

58 minutes ago, fishspinners said:

Is it though?

Comparing out of state matchups I believe it is.....I find watching the middle of the road consistency teams and seeing how they do can be an indication as well....most of Veros opponents have had DOWN seasons comparative to there norm it seems...and the recruiting seems to be down a bit on 4-5 star talent this year. Maybe I’m wrong but from the sample size ive seen thats my opinion

3 hours ago, No nonsense said:

Is #5 for Vero eligible to play next week against Deerfield since he was ejected?

That's a good question. I hope somebody has an answer. That's Jermain Dawson, Vero's star wide receiver/running back who makes things happen. He is very much needed for Vero to beat Deerfield Beach.

51 minutes ago, roygod said:

That's a good question. I hope somebody has an answer. That's Jermain Dawson, Vero's star wide receiver/running back who makes things happen. He is very much needed for Vero to beat Deerfield Beach.

Depends if FHSAA concurs he threw a punch he’s out for the entire playoffs! Small chance since the game was filmed that cameras caught the incident and can provide clear proof that a punch was not thrown! 

I watched the film over and over and could not see an actual punch being thrown. There was a lot of wrestling going on after a strong block by Dawson. I'm told that coach Jankowski is appealing the call, and  if he wins the appeal Dawson will play. If he loses the appeal, it could be a long day for Vero.

18 hours ago, roygod said:

I watched the film over and over and could not see an actual punch being thrown. There was a lot of wrestling going on after a strong block by Dawson. I'm told that coach Jankowski is appealing the call, and  if he wins the appeal Dawson will play. If he loses the appeal, it could be a long day for Vero.

I’d be very surprised if their appeal was approved, most video would be from the home side of the field and since this incident occurred on the visiting side it will be hard to see exactly what happened, the FHSAA will most likely defer to the officials call on the field. Dawson will most likely get a 6 game suspension and be out next week against Deerfield Beach. 

Lots of factors.  How the officials write it up is crucial (hopefully you didn't have jamBUM as the official) Even with video we don't know what was said.  That's where the officials report comes in.   An ejection usually leads to a 1 game suspension unless it's level 2 and then it is 6 games.  If a punch was thrown he's done.

46 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I’d be very surprised if their appeal was approved, most video would be from the home side of the field and since this incident occurred on the visiting side it will be hard to see exactly what happened, the FHSAA will most likely defer to the officials call on the field. Dawson will most likely get a 6 game suspension and Benoit next week against Deerfield Beach. 

They were just wrestlin smh i saw the whole thing from the visitin side