Venice vs Palm Beach Lakes round 2

VeniceIndianFan

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

So Venice will be taking a 3 hour trip to the other coast for a round 2 game. Palm Beach is undefeated. I think Venice wins this game by 7 in a crazy shootout. Any thoughts on this? Predictions?

I see Venice winning 34-14 PBl struggled heavily against East lake and should have lost the rams aren’t playing their best ball in nov right now and I think the Indians get em 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I see Venice winning 34-14 PBl struggled heavily against East lake and should have lost the rams aren’t playing their best ball in nov right now and I think the Indians get em 

Lakes is an above average team. 5a and up in Palm Beach  is WEAK, that’s why it’s never impressive when Atlantic goes undefeated and it’s not that impressive this season. Lakes has a good RB (Outler) but everyone else is OK. Stop the RB and play coverage, because the QB is gonna throw 50/50 balls to his WRs and hope they come down with them.

25 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Lakes is an above average team. 5a and up in Palm Beach  is WEAK, that’s why it’s never impressive when Atlantic goes undefeated and it’s not that impressive this season. Lakes has a good RB (Outler) but everyone else is OK. Stop the RB and play coverage, because the QB is gonna throw 50/50 balls to his WRs and hope they come down with them.

Truuu ..but personally o believe it takes a talented team to go (10-0) that’s not a East feat to do your playing against teams & players who eat & crap just like you do. 

so to go 10-0 is a great accomplishment that not many schools can say they’ve done I do see lakes coming up short next week tho 

9 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Truuu ..but personally o believe it takes a talented team to go (10-0) that’s not a East feat to do your playing against teams & players who eat & crap just like you do. 

so to go 10-0 is a great accomplishment that not many schools can say they’ve done I do see lakes coming up short next week tho 

True. It’s not easy to go undefeated, but I think the only Big schools they beat with winning records were PB Gardens and Seminole Ride, maybe Boca. They should play Atlantic yearly and some 954/305 teams to get prepared for the playoffs. 
5A and up in PBC doesn’t prepare the large schools for the playoffs. What helps the smaller schools is that we have to play up to fill out our schedules.

I’m not saying they’re trash, just not elite. That first round game speaks to more of who they are as a team. 

5 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

True. It’s not easy to go undefeated, but I think the only Big schools they beat with winning records were PB Gardens and Seminole Ride, maybe Boca. They should play Atlantic yearly and some 954/305 teams to get prepared for the playoffs. 
5A and up in PBC doesn’t prepare the large schools for the playoffs. What helps the smaller schools is that we have to play up to fill out our schedules.

I’m not saying they’re trash, just not elite. That first round game speaks to more of who they are as a team. 

Got u you know way more about pbc then me so I respect yo expertise on the subject but to give up that much points at home especially in the playoffs when your suppose to be playing your best and against a wildcard at that. 

the last time we gave up 40 points in any game was in the playoffs in 2016 vs carol city ..that’s like us beating Lely 48-42 .... our crowd would of rioted. 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Got u you know way more about pbc then me so I respect yo expertise on the subject but to give up that much points at home especially in the playoffs when your suppose to be playing your best and against a wildcard at that. 

the last time we gave up 40 points in any game was in the playoffs in 2016 vs carol city ..that’s like us beating Lely 48-42 .... our crowd would of rioted. 

Lol yeah that’s true. I’ve got Dillard beating Fort Myers this week comfortably. They’ll cruise into round 3.

8 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Lol yeah that’s true. I’ve got Dillard beating Fort Myers this week comfortably. They’ll cruise into round 3.

Aye let’s hope so I don’t need to be on the edge of my set Friday lol if we going into round 3 I wanna go with a bang and let whoever we will be facing know DILLARD IS HERE..!!

Palm Beach Lakes benefited from some movement with coaches around the area and Jack Daniels steeping down from Dwyer, so you speaking about maybe 15-20 guys transferred into Palm Beach Lakes this summer. The staff at Palm Beach Lakes was able to put it together but the only team that can match-up to Palm Beach Lakes in the Palm Beach area was Atlantic but those two didn't play this year. Palm Beach Lakes did open it up on Palm Beach Central who is a decent team but not elite but everyone else they played is below average and some games they struggled out the gates but was able to turn it on late very similar to East Lake. The only reference you can make to Venice would be their K.O.C game versus Rockeledge which they got hammered by 44 points but since then they have pour it on everyone else. I haven't seen much of Venice but from history the last time Venice faced a large school from the West Palm area they hammered Dwyer by 50 points or so. 

There are VERY few teams if any, that would be undefeated if they played the schedule that Venice played. I think Venice is battle tested and wins by 2 touchdowns. I'm not taking anything away form Palm Beach but I am not sold on the 10-0 record at all. I think Venice will be the more physical and better coached team this Friday.

As nolebull813 would say, Palm Beach Lakes looks like fool's gold. As I was going over the teams when the bracket came out, I came across PBL and thought, why isn't anyone talking about this team? Going through their schedule and results, although not a strong schedule, it looked like they steamrolled nearly everyone. Well then the first round comes around and sure enough, PBL has their hands full with an OK at best East Lake squad. Now I can't say I've watched any PBL film but I've seen Venice this season and I know they are solid. So it sounds like we are going to see a Manatee vs Venice rematch next week...

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I got Venice 38-14 ...I think the athletes favor PBL but the coaching will be won by Venice. 

Agree with the athletes statement and coaching. Athletically Palm Beach Lakes is stacked in every position pretty much only two teams within the county that looked like that and the other is Atlantic Delray. Coaching is lacking at Palm Beach Lakes and not from and play calling standpoint because everyone seem like they copy what everyone else is doing for as X and O's. But Im stating that from a structure and discipline of how this Palm Beach Lakes team is put together. I think when they see the structure of a team like Venice from the way they carry themselves before the game from the way they take the field, leave the field, stretching, and etc. In saying all that if Venice let the athletes take over in one on one situations on the perimeter Palm Beach Lakes will have a really good chance of winning the game. Also Palm Beach Lakes have a really good young back he is a power five guy when that time comes for him if he can get going watch out. But with that being said I will take           Venice   31-21.  

30 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

Agree with the athletes statement and coaching. Athletically Palm Beach Lakes is stacked in every position pretty much only two teams within the county that looked like that and the other is Atlantic Delray. Coaching is lacking at Palm Beach Lakes and not from and play calling standpoint because everyone seem like they copy what everyone else is doing for as X and O's. But Im stating that from a structure and discipline of how this Palm Beach Lakes team is put together. I think when they see the structure of a team like Venice from the way they carry themselves before the game from the way they take the field, leave the field, stretching, and etc. In saying all that if Venice let the athletes take over in one on one situations on the perimeter Palm Beach Lakes will have a really good chance of winning the game. Also Palm Beach Lakes have a really good young back he is a power five guy when that time comes for him if he can get going watch out. But with that being said I will take           Venice   31-21.  

I agree bro it seems and it can just be me but it just seems at a lot of our African American schools in Florida especially south Florida we SEVERELY LACK DISCIPLINE and most times it goes unchecked because 99% of the times we’re playing teams just as undisciplined or even more undisciplined then us. 

but time & time again when we go out of state we see it on full display; so many times in Florida we depend on our teams being the faster & most athletic team and just beat u that way but at the end of the game have over 60+ yards in penalties smh.

54 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I agree bro it seems and it can just be me but it just seems at a lot of our African American schools in Florida especially south Florida we SEVERELY LACK DISCIPLINE and most times it goes unchecked because 99% of the times we’re playing teams just as undisciplined or even more undisciplined then us. 

but time & time again when we go out of state we see it on full display; so many times in Florida we depend on our teams being the faster & most athletic team and just beat u that way but at the end of the game have over 60+ yards in penalties smh.

I believe we see it more in South Florida because of the talent on this end (Dade, Broward and Palm Beach). The more talent you have the small little details coaches tend to let slide until they catch up with you in key situations. Teams that is built like Venice those small details give them the ability to compete with the programs that is very athletic, they may not win them all but they have a chance in most of them because of the discipline. Calling a "spade a spade" some of those issues is what prompt the shut down of the Oxbridge program, they wanted the image of a Benjamin, Kings or Cardinal Newman but they had more of a "Inner City" look on field. Inner city schools will always have issues with the discipline because of how athletic and successful the programs are for as winning and losing. Look at some of the schools we recognize as un-discipline scores throughout the year both football and basketball. It's hard to tell a kid who is 14-17 years old why it's important to focus on the small details when they can spot a team 14 points and beat them by 28. Great example will be Palm Beach Lakes last game I believe they was down by 20 or so and came back to win that game because of the athleticism from front to back.      

4 minutes ago, Mashburns said:

I believe we see it more in South Florida because of the talent on this end (Dade, Broward and Palm Beach). The more talent you have the small little details coaches tend to let slide until they catch up with you in key situations. Teams that is built like Venice those small details give them the ability to compete with the programs that is very athletic, they may not win them all but they have a chance in most of them because of the discipline. Calling a "spade a spade" some of those issues is what prompt the shut down of the Oxbridge program, they wanted the image of a Benjamin, Kings or Cardinal Newman but they had more of a "Inner City" look on field. Inner city schools will always have issues with the discipline because of how athletic and successful the programs are for as winning and losing. Look at some of the schools we recognize as un-discipline scores throughout the year both football and basketball. It's hard to tell a kid who is 14-17 years old why it's important to focus on the small details when they can spot a team 14 points and beat them by 28. Great example will be Palm Beach Lakes last game I believe they was down by 20 or so and came back to win that game because of the athleticism from front to back.      

Facts 

On 11/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Sometimes some players themselves dont wanna go above and beyond wanna sit at home and play fortnite and Madden 20 all day just practice at school and that it. Back in the days players wanna get out of thier situation and outwork everybody on that field times has change especially my Raiders.... 

2 minutes ago, muckboy561 said:

Sometimes some players themselves dont wanna go above and beyond wanna sit at home and play fortnite and Madden 20 all day just practice at school and that it. Back in the days players wanna get out of thier situation and outwork everybody on that field times has change especially my Raiders.... 

Exactly ..smh exactly