FINAL DILLARD 35 FORT MYERS 30 panthers move to (12-0!!)

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 minute ago, peezy28 said:

That is funny Top, I will say though, that the school you go to does not determine your knowledge or judgment on Florida football... My school was trash but you already know I know (or used to know) my isht.  Difference is though I go out and see these teams all over the state (or at least I used to before kids and being an adult stuff) and speak to the fans and get their perspective... That was some of my best moments talking to guys like you and others in person at the state finals and sitting with the fans to get that unique perspective of each team.

Y'all made me an honorary west fan LOL.

Lol that’s what it’s all about man but to just say a team that u never seen play in person not even from their part of the state & to say their not good even tho they are a historic program who always has the talent to compete & by the way is 11-0 has won 17 consecutive regular season games & have out scored their opponents this year 680-112

4 hours ago, Wavebb said:

We are taking yellow school buses.  No charters for the team and coaches.  Not sure about the band or booster club people.  

Dang bro so y’all bringing y’all band ..a fan bus for the students ..a bus for the parents Family & boosters ..bringing y’all cheerleaders && y’all got fox network who live stream y’all game coming lol and u say y’all don’t have a big following or support lol ....

look forward to tomorrow see which fan base can have the greater effect 

On 11/13/2019 at 9:03 AM, nolebull813 said:

Our coach was Richard “Batman” Woods. He played for the Tampa Bay Bucs and was a college hall of famer from Southern Cal. He was our school resource officer as well. He had a passion to get kids from around the school interested in sports. 

we were still a new school when he took over. He started coaching the third year the school opened. He built a foundation for that 2002 team with his desire to get kids interested in sports. He was really passionate about the school. It wasn’t some side gig. He cared about the students and kids wanted to play for him. 

my senior year we had some studs most notably Larry Edwards and Terrence “Country” Royal. Edwards was our running back/linebacker and Country was our D-end. Edwards went to UNC and Country to USF. They were dominant. We went 13-2 including pasting Lakeland in the playoffs. Lost a tough one to Ely and Tyrone Moss (RIP)

After that season, Batman won all the coaching awards there was to win, and got a job coaching football in Europe. After Batman left there was a coach there for a couple years, and then Coach Mitchell. Mitchell was my PE teacher when Batman was the head football coach. Mitchell has been coaching the last 15-16 years and they haven’t done squat since 02. By keeping him as the head coach for so long with zero success it’s abundantly clear the admin and AD have no desire to field successful teams. They have been stuck in neutral for so long, they don’t even care to get out. There hasn’t been any change nor the desire to change the losing culture.

Thank you for your post. It is sad that a coach can take a team to the playoffs, then the new guy just wants a paycheck... Happens to to many teams. Does Wharton produce many scholarship players in Football, Basketball, or Baseball? Just curious. Not trying to be an ass. I would imagine any decent athlete would transfer to a near by school with a decent program.

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Thank you for your post. It is sad that a coach can take a team to the playoffs, then the new guy just wants a paycheck... Happens to to many teams. Does Wharton produce many scholarship players in Football, Basketball, or Baseball? Just curious. Not trying to be an ass. I would imagine any decent athlete would transfer to a near by school with a decent program.

Candace Dupree was a WNBA Champion. She was in my class 

We had some guys go to the league most notably 1st round pick Vernon Hargreaves. 

Some WWE guy was from Wharton. I forgot his name. He was a Sophomore when I was a senior. I would have to google his name. Black guy. Was a WWE tag team champion 

Yooooo LoL hahahahaha @Wavebb @DarterBlue2 @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @561_Fan @muckboy561 so they talking cash money up in ft Myers!!! I wish I can post the screen shots but if u got score stream I posted them on our game thread for today. 

but apparently from their mouth Dillard isn’t better nor faster then lake wales or Dunbar ...the two best teams ft Myers faced this season!! Lol hahahaha && to finish it off they say that ft Myers is the MOST experience team out the two lol haha hahahahaha this the times where you should be able to leave emojis lol 

51 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Yooooo LoL hahahahaha @Wavebb @DarterBlue2 @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @561_Fan @muckboy561 so they talking cash money up in ft Myers!!! I wish I can post the screen shots but if u got score stream I posted them on our game thread for today. 

but apparently from their mouth Dillard isn’t better nor faster then lake wales or Dunbar ...the two best teams ft Myers faced this season!! Lol hahahaha && to finish it off they say that ft Myers is the MOST experience team out the two lol haha hahahahaha this the times where you should be able to leave emojis lol 

Im going to scorestream

On 11/10/2019 at 6:07 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

This is Gonna Be A Solid Solid Solid Matchup the green waves come in fresh off a 49-28 thrashing of their rivals north ft Myers. The green waves are in their 100th season and have a lot of history back in the day they had to consecutive trips to the state semis where they lost to STA but all in all a storied program with a lot of wins under their belt. 

Dillard comes in (11-0) and having all types of a historic season they come in avg 47 points a game giving up a Avg of 8 in a half points a game they won last week 48-6 after a slow start & a scoreless 1st Qt. 

with a lots of trash talk by Miami central & the eagerness by the players panther nation & the county of broward of a potiental rematch with Miami central ....Dillard has to stay focused this week & handle business vs the green waves because there is no guarantee central win @ Naples. 

Ft Myers is gonna give us everything we got we’re at home our fan base & county is at full throttle it’s gonna be a rowdy rowdy atmosphere at Otis gray memorial stadium Friday where Dillard looks to go (12-0) for the first time since 2000 & advance to the 3rd round for the first time since 2001. #GoPanthersGo!!!!

Ft Myers killing us with the wing T so far out of all formations something Dillard has not seen all year 

Wow what a game!! What a game!! Ft Meyers came in and punched Dillard square in the mouth hitting us left & right with the Wing T something Dillard has not seen all year long they ran it out of so many diff formations & sets you could tell their very well coaches & disciplined. It was 21-7 fort Myers after the first Quarter with some major adjustments needed to be made for Dillard to keep their season alive. 

for the rest of the game Dillard held ft Myers high scoring offense scoreless their only score came on defense when Dillard was driving at their 10 yard line only for us to throw a pick 6 to make it 28-28 at half instead of 35-21 or at worst if we didn’t convert 28-21. 

in the second half both defense were solid but Dillard dropped a ton of open passes on bombs that should have been caught. In the 4th qt Dillard took the lead for good on a running td to go up 35-28 on the green waves next drive they threw a interception deep on our own end ..we kneeled in victory formation but coincidentally ft Myers had all 3 time outs when they called 2 earlier in the Qt. On 4th down at our own 4 Dillard took a intentional safety to get better kicking position which put ft Myers at the 30 mark on their next drive Dillard held them to 4 consecutive incompletions to move to (12-0!!!) for the first time since 2000!! And moved to the third round for the FIRST time since 2001!! And next week our fans our county get what we have wanted ALL YEAR A REMATCH at a chance for revenge against the rockets!!

im so dam proud of this team the coaching staff my voice is half gone ...the resiliency if this team is AMAZING to get hit in the mouth like we did tonight against a type of offense we haven’t seen at all this year and we made adjustments and preserved... REGARDLESS of what happen the rest of the way this year has been special being doubted all year being ranked behind teams who is home right now and to be 1 win a way from our FIRST state semi  appearance  since 01 is just awesome yo!! @Wavebb even tho we didn’t get a chance to meet up get home safe man and you guys came to play your coaching staff is legit you guys have a great team. As for my panthers!!! WERE STILL HERE WERE STILL HERE!!!!! 12-0 babbbyyyyyy!!!