2019 Bowl Games

nolebull813

Just now, nolebull813 said:

Just wanted to post this so when I update my list I have it in one spot. These were the 4 bowl games that I know of this year. 

Heroes Bowl - Satellite 28 Discovery 20

GMAC Bowl - Dr Krop 24, Goldman 20 

First Federal Bowl - Presbyterian Christian,MS 32, Holmes County 14

Bowl (Name?)  Tohopekaliga 49, East Ridge 28 

Ooo ooo

What about the UCF national championship bowl?

Aren't they both in close proximity to UCF (within a hour) :)

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In all seriousness it is good to see some teams went and found one more game for their seniors 

It's crazy there ain't more teams taking advantage of that opportunity

Yeah the coach for Fivay said that his AD said Playoffs or bust! 

Lmao! Garbage ass Fivay gets 7 wins and the AD thinks they are some elite team who is too good for a bowl. 

I was most surprised of Dunedin. They are independent so they had no chance at a bowl from the beginning. They could have rewarded their team who has never seen success. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

John Carroll, Norland and Lake Brantley were looking but didn’t make it happen. The FHSAA should allow teams up to 2 weeks to make something happen. Not 3 days 

Good point. It was easier to line up a bowl game under the old playoff system, when teams knew before the last week of the regular season whether or not they made the playoffs.

20 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Yeah the coach for Fivay said that his AD said Playoffs or bust! 

Lmao! Garbage ass Fivay gets 7 wins and the AD thinks they are some elite team who is too good for a bowl. 

I was most surprised of Dunedin. They are independent so they had no chance at a bowl from the beginning. They could have rewarded their team who has never seen success. 

From a coaching standpoint, you have kids work all year to get to the playoffs. It’s hard, especially for some teams that were on the bubble/in contention until that last week of the season, to get kids to gear up for what feels like a “participation trophy” type deal. 

Thought:  take a page from the college playbook and give the teams who don't make the playoffs 3-4 days to lock in a bowl game, but then give them 2 or 3 weeks to actually play the game.  This would allow coaches to work in younger players (including JV call-ups) as they start getting ready for next season.  And, of course, seniors could decide that they don't want to put their "college likeness compensation" at risk by playing in the bowl games and could make the decision to sit it out the meaningless bowl game.  B)

By the way, would a team that had a losing record (but finished out of the 8th seed spot in the playoffs by .003 points) be eligible for a bowl game?  Asking for a friend.