Which Undefeated Teams Will Fall this Week Or Will All Advance ...

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Everyone knows to Go undefeated in the Regular Season Is a incredible and tough Feat (well unless your vero and do it yearly lol) but for the rest of the nation it takes alot of resliency toughness and coaching to have a perfect regular season and to be able to take that in the playoffs where the pressure intensifies.

Below these are your unbeaten teams going into round 2 of the playoffs....

ST thomas (10-0)

Lakeland (11-0)

seminole (10-0)

bartram trail (11-0)

lakewood (10-0)

Gulliver prep (10-0)

vero beach (10-0)

Naples (10-0)

Dillard (11-0)

escambia (11-0)

Niceville (11-0)

Wakulla (11-0)

Fleming island (10-0)

lake gibson (11-0)

palm beach lakes (10-0)

lake wales (11-0)

blountstown (10-0)

Pensacola catholic (10-0)

who will STILL be undefeated after this weekend and a perfect season still insight and who will dream season will come to a crashing end ???? #LetsPredict 

I hope Escambia falls but everyone of their next opponents (if they keep winning) has to travel to them an average of just over 6 hours. 

Mileage and travel time approx depending on route & traffic:

Mainland (this week) 431 miles 6.25 hrs

Columbia 308 miles 4.5 hours

Mainland 450 miles 6.5 hours 

Lee 358 miles 5.25 hours 

Tampa Bay area teams (Gaither, Largo, Clearwater) 500 miles 7.25 hours (day after thanksgiving so maybe tack on another hour). 

On the bright side, the traveling teams pass through a timezone and gain an hour LOL 

Dillard, Escambia is not going to be an easy road for anyone. They are the product of Bennett gathering up players over the past couple of years. They are very fast, very big and play with a nasty edge. 

As to the hand wringing about the travel panhandle teams have dealt with this for decades. I will tell you like we have been told for years just deal with it.

54 minutes ago, Vaquero said:

I hope Escambia falls but everyone of their next opponents (if they keep winning) has to travel to them an average of just over 6 hours. 

Mileage and travel time approx depending on route & traffic:

Mainland (this week) 431 miles 6.25 hrs

Columbia 308 miles 4.5 hours

Mainland 450 miles 6.5 hours 

Lee 358 miles 5.25 hours 

Tampa Bay area teams (Gaither, Largo, Clearwater) 500 miles 7.25 hours (day after thanksgiving so maybe tack on another hour). 

On the bright side, the traveling teams pass through a timezone and gain an hour LOL 

Any team traveling over to Escambia the day of the game is going to lose, imo.

2 minutes ago, Phfootball9 said:

Dillard, Escambia is not going to be an easy road for anyone. They are the product of Bennett gathering up players over the past couple of years. They are very fast, very big and play with a nasty edge. 

As to the hand wringing about the travel panhandle teams have dealt with this for decades. I will tell you like we have been told for years just deal with it.

We finally got back to the way we were in the 90s we still haven’t played our best game yet this year which it’s scary we still have a few more levels we can reach hopefully starting this week.

1 hour ago, Phfootball9 said:

Well put, and the weather is going to be cold for any central, south Florida teams making the trip north and west to Lower Alabama.

To prove my point, a list of state championship sites:

Swimming- Stuart

Volleyball: Ft Myers

Golf: Howie-In-the - Hills 

Cross Country: Tallahassee

Basketball: Lakeland

Soccer: DeLand 

Wrestling: Kissimmee

Baseball: Ft Myers

Softball: Clermont

Track: Gainesville

Apparently the panhandle area can’t host anything other than cross country?  Until proven otherwise there is a clear bias within FHSAA against panhandle teams that requires those teams to travel far greater distances, year in and year out, than teams and schools from any other part of the state.

3 minutes ago, Roadkillav8r said:

Swimming- Stuart

Apparently the panhandle area can’t host anything other than cross country?  Until proven otherwise there is a clear bias within FHSAA against panhandle teams that requires those teams to travel far greater distances, year in and year out, than teams and schools from any other part of the state.

Where would you suppose they have it to make it fair for teams like Pensacola or escambia ?? You guys are at the top of Florida ..the tip tip it’s not much up there that would all around fit perfectly for a state’s final location I’m guessing idk I never been that far up in Florida 

17 minutes ago, Roadkillav8r said:

Swimming- Stuart

Football state Championships are actually in 2 cities this year (Tallahassee and Daytona). For 1A, the games being in Tallahassee should be a boone for the number of people attending (unless it is Pahokee). 

As for the rest of the stuff, it all depends on if you have the space and your city is willing to pony up the costs to host it. I will state that if I was going to host any of these things, it would be Cross Country and Track. You have more teams, more individuals, more hotel beds filled up (due to how early the meets are), which all means more parents spending money. 

And Arnold High School hosted Girls Weightlifting last year. 

Tallahassee has a football stadium bigger than Orlando.  UWF plays its games in downtown Pensacola.  If you don’t want college stadiums there are other large municipal stadiums that have the capacity, and I’ve seen the crowds which would fit in many high school stadiums easily.  There are more hotels in the panhandle.  We have basketball courts at FSU, UWF, NWFSC where they host a Thanksgiving weekend College tournament broadcast nationally.  We have baseball stadiums at all those schools as well as in all the cities.   There isn’t a single sport that could not be hosted in the panhandle at a venue equal to or better than a south Florida site.  It could be done and should be done, at least for no other reason than to get people out of south Florida to show them another part of their state that isn’t like the rest of Florida.  If a sport is hosted in Ft Myers then it should also be hosted in the panhandle the next year.

6 minutes ago, Roadkillav8r said:

Tallahassee has a football stadium bigger than Orlando.  UWF plays its games in downtown Pensacola.  If you don’t want college stadiums there are other large municipal stadiums that have the capacity, and I’ve seen the crowds which would fit in many high school stadiums easily.  There are more hotels in the panhandle.  We have basketball courts at FSU, UWF, NWFSC where they host a Thanksgiving weekend College tournament broadcast nationally.  We have baseball stadiums at all those schools as well as in all the cities.   There isn’t a single sport that could not be hosted in the panhandle at a venue equal to or better than a south Florida site.  It could be done and should be done, at least for no other reason than to get people out of south Florida to show them another part of their state that isn’t like the rest of Florida.  If a sport is hosted in Ft Myers then it should also be hosted in the panhandle the next year.

To be honest with you it is all about location. The panhandle is far away from all the major population sites in the state. And, that is the reason it does not host more state tournaments. If the panhandle had a large population it would be in a better position to lobby for more games. But it does not and South Florida is a very long way from Pensacola. 

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

To be honest with you it is all about location. The panhandle is far away from all the major population sites in the state. And, that is the reason it does not host more state tournaments. If the panhandle had a large population it would be in a better position to lobby for more games. But it does not and South Florida is a very long way from Pensacola. 

Just looked up a hypothetical Dillard vs escambia state final matchup depending on RPI that would b a 9 hour & some change drive for either team 

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Just looked up a hypothetical Dillard vs escambia state final matchup depending on RPI that would b a 9 hour & some change drive for either team 

Tallahassee is great for cross country because they have a amazing course. Blountstown losing to Taylor county.

I just want everyone to have the opportunity to make that drive from south of Orlando back to Niceville after a game.  That sort of misery deserves lots of company.   The argument about the panhandle isn’t a population center holds no water, that’s why we have regions.  Each region should host on a rotating basis.