Myles Garrett's hit on Mason Rudolph was horrific!

Legion37

6 games is fair because Rudolph was not injured. Imagine if he pummeled him into a vegetable? He'd be going to prison for a long time. 

Because the play was over and this wasn't in the flow of the game, it could be interpreted as a criminal act. It won't of course, but if this was being tried in a criminal court, it would be a felony battery because with intent to do great bodily injury because he used a weapon. Think about that. This could be a second degree felony (up to 15 years in prison). Obviously with no injury and no history of violence, it would be knocked down to a misdemeanor, but still, something to think about for kids that read this board that are playing the game. Don't take it too far or there could be hell to pay.

46 minutes ago, 954gator said:

In all fairness rudolph was the aggressor first.   Trying to take Garretts helmet off after he sacked him.   I’d have been fine with Garrett yanking his helmet off, but the swing?   That was just dumb lol.

There is no in fairness. The guy could have legit killed him. It is one thing to tussle and push and shove. He haymakered him with a helmet

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

6 games is fair because Rudolph was not injured. Imagine if he pummeled him into a vegetable? He'd be going to prison for a long time. 

Because the play was over and this wasn't in the flow of the game, it could be interpreted as a criminal act. It won't of course, but if this was being tried in a criminal court, it would be a felony battery because with intent to do great bodily injury because he used a weapon. Think about that. This could be a second degree felony (up to 15 years in prison). Obviously with no injury and no history of violence, it would be knocked down to a misdemeanor, but still, something to think about for kids that read this board that are playing the game. Don't take it too far or there could be hell to pay.

not sure why injury has anything to do with it to be honest.....

if you shoot a gun at me but miss, isnt that still an attempt ?

6 games and 8 next year

rudolph not innocent at all.  he didnt help the situation, 

1 hour ago, h8r said:

6 games and 8 next year

Not to turn this into a political forum, but according to our President and/or those speaking on his behalf, if you attempt to do something to someone who doesn't know that you're trying to do it, it's not really illegal.  B)

7 hours ago, h8r said:

6 games and 8 next year

I agree with you that it wouldn't have too much to do if there was an initial charging document, but they always take in the circumstances of the case in the history before meeting out a punishment in a final plea, so in his situation, without serious bodily injury I doubt it would have gone too far.