Niceville vs Fleming Island

Roadkillav8r

18 minutes ago, Roadkillav8r said:

I have no clue what their plans will be but that would be a big expense to stay the night prior.  It still is amazing that there is a region that extends from Escambia county all the way to Orlando.  That is over 500 miles end to end.  FHSAA can't do better than that?

They do that so the districts will be larger, the 3 team district in Tallahassee was very bad 

We used to share a district with Leon and St John's schools in the 90s which meant for someone like St Augustine they used to have Lincoln in district (around 4 hours each way)

People can't sit here complaining about too small of districts and too many bad teams getting in, and then complain about travel

There is no perfect solution, I have a written idea which would take care of most the travel issues (at least for District games) but most small schools would hate a idea like that

Lincoln proved that Edgewater is fools gold.  Anyone who thought Edgewater was a top ranked Florida team doesn’t know what they are watching. 

I wouldn’t be so critical of Edgewater if people didn’t falsely put them on a pedestal where they don’t belong and have never earned. 

If Niceville is just a hair better than Lincoln then they should have no issue.

15 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Lincoln proved that Edgewater is fools gold.  Anyone who thought Edgewater was a top ranked Florida team doesn’t know what they are watching. 

I wouldn’t be so critical of Edgewater if people didn’t falsely put them on a pedestal where they don’t belong and have never earned. 

If Marietta had come to FLA and lost by a TD or so you may be singing a different tune. 1 game doesn't make or break a season unless its the last one. I agree with you that until Edgewater actually wins a title, they are a little over-hyped. But they are a good program and good team. I think calling them fools gold takes it too far.

45 minutes ago, 181pl said:

If Marietta had come to FLA and lost by a TD or so you may be singing a different tune. 1 game doesn't make or break a season unless its the last one. I agree with you that until Edgewater actually wins a title, they are a little over-hyped. But they are a good program and good team. I think calling them fools gold takes it too far.

Over hyped?  Not sure what hype Edgewater has gotten.  They were the one of the best teams in Central Florida during the regular season.  Right now they are not playing like it but they are still playing.  A win over Niceville would put them in the final 4 of 7A which is by far the best class.  

Agreed Babdbird.

Overhyped only in the sense that Edgewater is frequently mentioned as a serious threat for 7A championship without ever finishing when there are still 5 teams alive with 27 total championships to their credit. But an excellent program.  Needs to finish once on the field before they earn the clout of STA, Lakeland, Manatee, Armwood, and Venuce.

I think the edge would have to go to Edgewater just because of the travel issue.   If Edgewater were coming to Niceville then we would have the edge and Niceville is a very hard place to come to and play.  Loud and raucous.  Niceville went to Tally to play Chiles and that is their only long travel trip this year.

18 minutes ago, Roadkillav8r said:

I think the edge would have to go to Edgewater just because of the travel issue.   If Edgewater were coming to Niceville then we would have the edge and Niceville is a very hard place to come to and play.  Loud and raucous.  Niceville went to Tally to play Chiles and that is their only long travel trip this year.

It should be a good game. I am not sure who wins it, but the long trip for Niceville does not help their cause. 

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

Agreed Babdbird.

Overhyped only in the sense that Edgewater is frequently mentioned as a serious threat for 7A championship without ever finishing when there are still 5 teams alive with 27 total championships to their credit. But an excellent program.  Needs to finish once on the field before they earn the clout of STA, Lakeland, Manatee, Armwood, and Venuce.

It would take a miracle for them to beat Lakeland/Armwood then STA.  They are not in that league.  If they were 8A they would have a chance

1 hour ago, badbird said:

It would take a miracle for them to beat Lakeland/Armwood then STA.  They are not in that league.  If they were 8A they would have a chance

Agreed. I could see them pulling one upset (possibly) if they got there. Two in a row is not likely. In 8A, they would join a number of other teams still playing that have a good chance. 

On 11/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, nolebull813 said:

The weather has been a factor in Orlando for the first two rounds of the playoffs; rain is a great equalizer. This Friday there are no predictions of rain. 

Large crowds will be coming from Niceville for the game.  I know visitor side seating is very limited at Edgewater which is one reason most of the band isn’t coming.  Can seating be added for Friday night?  They do that at Niceville for bigger games and there is quite a bit of seating at our stadium.

1 hour ago, Roadkillav8r said:

Large crowds will be coming from Niceville for the game.  I know visitor side seating is very limited at Edgewater which is one reason most of the band isn’t coming.  Can seating be added for Friday night?  They do that at Niceville for bigger games and there is quite a bit of seating at our stadium.

At times, they have brought in temporary seating. Not sure what their expectations are for this one, though, as Niceville is coming from a long distance. Hopefully, your administration has had communication with Edgewater's admin.