DP-Osceola

Pipe Dreams

Strange game and the outcome, 20-7 Osceola, was not indicative of the play on the field. 

DP drove 65 yards for their first score, stopped Osceola, then fumbled on their own 20 which led to an Osceola TD.

DP trailed 10-7 at the half and quickly got down to the 6 yard line... pick 6 Osceola, 17-7. 14-point swing on one play. Probably the most devastating play for DP since the Plant tip-drill in 2013 (Southridge deep TD in 4thQ 2016 is #3). DP got deep into Osceola territory again but two drives staled within the 30. 

A muffed punt led to the next Osceola FG for the 20-7 margin with 8:00 left (also the final score).

Good luck to Osceola the rest of the way. This one absolutely got away from DP on one play (the 94 yard pick 6). One play decided this game. 

13 hours ago, Pipe Dreams said:

Strange game and the outcome, 20-7 Osceola, was not indicative of the play on the field. 

DP drove 65 yards for their first score, stopped Osceola, then fumbled on their own 20 which led to an Osceola TD.

DP trailed 10-7 at the half and quickly got down to the 6 yard line... pick 6 Osceola, 17-7. 14-point swing on one play. Probably the most devastating play for DP since the Plant tip-drill in 2013 (Southridge deep TD in 4thQ 2016 is #3). DP got deep into Osceola territory again but two drives staled within the 30. 

A muffed punt led to the next Osceola FG for the 20-7 margin with 8:00 left (also the final score).

Good luck to Osceola the rest of the way. This one absolutely got away from DP on one play (the 94 yard pick 6). One play decided this game. 

Doesn't it always in this series recently

Can’t turn the ball over in the playoffs or you end up turning in your pads.  Fumble, pick 6 and a muffed punt is tough to overcome in the playoffs.  DP’s defense improved a ton since week one but once again they struggled on offense to score points.  If the offense was as good as the defense every year you might have 5 state titles.  

10 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Sorry DP's season ended that way, Mid. Was looking forward to an Apopka vs DP rematch. But I speak too soon: Seminole awaits!

Saw the second half at BT last night.  We got there late.  Exactly what I thought would happen. Too much ground game.  Have seen Apopka the last three years (the two Mandarin games and last night).  Even though I have only a small sample size to go on, IMO they are much better this year, especially on defense.  They pretty much stymied BT's offense, which no one has done all year.  Would be surprised if they are not in the final in a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, shredstar said:

Saw the second half at BT last night.  We got there late.  Exactly what I thought would happen. Too much ground game.  Have seen Apopka the last three years (the two Mandarin games and last night).  Even though I have only a small sample size to go on, IMO they are much better this year, especially on defense.  They pretty much stymied BT's offense, which no one has done all year.  Would be surprised if they are not in the final in a couple of weeks.

No doubt Apopka's defense is much better. The offense for an Apopka team is average (maybe slightly above average at this stage). No real stud athlete, but guys that can move the chains. If Davis-Hamilton was not lost for his senior season, I would be much more confident that Apopka makes the finals. The Seminole game presents a real challenge as they match Apopka athletically and have a very good, junior QB. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

No doubt Apopka's defense is much better. The offense for an Apopka team is average (maybe slightly above average at this stage). No real stud athlete, but guys that can move the chains. If Davis-Hamilton was not lost for his senior season, I would be much more confident that Apopka makes the finals. The Seminole game presents a real challenge as they match Apopka athletically and have a very good, junior QB. 

Going to find out how good Apopka's secondary is.  This should be a really good game.  Apopka's offense has come to life in the playoffs.  Of the 4 teams left in the North Seminole probably has the most talent and would host every game so they have to be the favorite.  With that said Seminole is not a juggernaut.  I could see any of these 4 teams representing the North.  

1 minute ago, badbird said:

Going to find out how good Apopka's secondary is.  This should be a really good game.  Apopka's offense has come to life in the playoffs.  Of the 4 teams left in the North Seminole probably has the most talent and would host every game so they have to be the favorite.  With that said Seminole is not a juggernaut.  I could see any of these 4 teams representing the North.  

I agree with you, coach Rolson, has done a very good job with the talent he was dealt. If he manages to get to the finals, let alone win it all, he should justly be a candidate for coach of the year.